THE BROWNS BOARD

Bisciotti All Mad

Riffer X

Once a Ratbird, always a Ratbird.

Fuck him, and his predecessor. 

Not a Trump guy, but he should have started building his wall around Baltimore. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Riffer X said:

It does indeed Riffer. I said it almost immediately after we made the move for Watson, and backed the Brinks truck up to his door.   

Hey Biscotti... YOU screwed up, shoulda paid Lamar while the getting was good. Allen and Rodgers "only" have $150 million guaranteed.   So don't blame JUST the Browns The going rate for top NFL QBs is now $40 million a year, so suck it up and pay up.  

Correct me if I am wrong (and I probably was) but did Kirk Cousins sign a totally guaranteed contract (albeit, as a much lesser rate than Watson) when he went to Minnesota?

Or was it not all guaranteed, but a crazy amount guaranteed? 

11 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

He controls the situation he doesn’t have to pay Lamar.  We aren’t forcing him to pay a QB that has trouble making all the throws.  He’s got a capable backup too.

I'm fascinated to see how this unfolds in Baltimore with the Ravens and Lamar.

I think we started to see the cracks in his proverbial foundation last season. It took a while, but I think he's starting to get exposed, like any QB, regardless of how athletic they are, or how their coaching staff schemed them to success, if you can't stand in the pocket, read a defense, and make the proper throws. 

I hope they give him the world. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm fascinated to see how this unfolds in Baltimore with the Ravens and Lamar.

I think we started to see the cracks in his proverbial foundation last season. It took a while, but I think he's starting to get exposed, like any QB, regardless of how athletic they are, or how their coaching staff schemed them to success, if you can't stand in the pocket, read a defense, and make the proper throws. 

I hope they give him the world. 

Yep, I have the same feeling that LJ got figured out.

Could be the reason the Ravens front office was dragging their feet about a contract.

Correct me if I am wrong (and I probably was) but did Kirk Cousins sign a totally guaranteed contract

I believe you are correct.

The money we gave Watson is truly insane.  It will most probably come to bite us when we're trying to sign other players.

That said, the AFC is QB central.  If you don't have a real good one, then there's really very little hope of a super bowl.  Haslam, Berry, DePodesta, Stef, they all know this.  Watson was going to go to a team.  He supposedly is the caliber of QB that you would need to have to have hopes of a super bowl.  -  The QB you need is right there for the taking.  It's just that, you're Cleveland...with a field near a Great Lake...down right ornery weather late in the season.  So you have to pay waaay more than other cities.  Or, you could just stay with Baker (whom nobody wants).  So you decide that once he throws some TD's to win some games, the negative sentiment will fade.

I think Watson is guilty of what the women are saying.  Because, he did not want to come to Cleveland's weather.  He doesn't like it.  (dome needed)  We were actually ruled out of the race.  And then, all of a sudden, he's coming to Cleveland for 243 million guaranteed....and in his introductory presser he stated that the money had nothing to do with it.  That he didn't even know about the money until after he decided that he wanted to be a Brown.  -  Horse Shit!  He's a liar.  He did it.  He shot the sheriff.  

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

I believe you are correct.

The money we gave Watson is truly insane.  It will most probably come to bite us when we're trying to sign other players.

That said, the AFC is QB central.  If you don't have a real good one, then there's really very little hope of a super bowl.  Haslam, Berry, DePodesta, Stef, they all know this.  Watson was going to go to a team.  He supposedly is the caliber of QB that you would need to have to have hopes of a super bowl.  -  The QB you need is right there for the taking.  It's just that, you're Cleveland...with a field near a Great Lake...down right ornery weather late in the season.  So you have to pay waaay more than other cities.  Or, you could just stay with Baker (whom nobody wants).  So you decide that once he throws some TD's to win some games, the negative sentiment will fade.

I think Watson is guilty of what the women are saying.  Because, he did not want to come to Cleveland's weather.  He doesn't like it.  (dome needed)  We were actually ruled out of the race.  And then, all of a sudden, he's coming to Cleveland for 243 million guaranteed....and in his introductory presser he stated that the money had nothing to do with it.  That he didn't even know about the money until after he decided that he wanted to be a Brown.  -  Horse Shit!  He's a liar.  He did it.  He shot the sheriff.  

I have no doubt that Watson is somewhat to a significant upgrade over Baker.

I have some serious questions how he deals with the late season home game weather. 

• Upvote 1

I have no doubt that Watson is somewhat to a significant upgrade over Baker.

I have some serious questions how he deals with the late season home game weather. 

Go over to Pro Football Reference (that I've been harping on), and compare Watson's career stats to Mayfield's. There's really no comparison. 

Now the second part of your question regarding cold weather... I did a quick look at Watson's career games, and it sure looks like he's never had to play a game yet in what would be considered cold (less than 32 degree) weather.