THE BROWNS BOARD

* OK BROWNS fans it's not all you it's  ☆ 2022 Cleveland GUARDIANS time ☆  ( * It also is worth reviewing )

mjp28

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Remarkable stat….Steven Kwan 115 pitches and No swing and misses.

And the TRIBE leads MLB in runs with 38 in 5 games 7.6/game   -but-  is only 3-2 overall,  more fun with numbers.   :huh:

On 4/13/2022 at 4:28 AM, mjp28 said:

And the TRIBE leads MLB in runs with 38 in 5 games 7.6/game   -but-  is only 3-2 overall,  more fun with numbers.   :huh:

love this guys approach at the plate…the team is pretty solid IMO.  * not a bad observation...Very scrappy TEAM first hitters

Two runs the first two games I think.  So 38 is pretty impressive.

I was back in Youngstown this past weekend and Wedgewood Pizza made my original everything pie too crispy…but I had their Philly cheese steak pizza it was tasty.    

........ * edit add  10/27/22 .......  * A 4/13 post.    This scrappy team was just that all the way to the ALC Champions l. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

love this guys approach at the plate…the team is pretty solid IMO.  Very scrappy TEAM first hitters

Two runs the first two games I think.  So 38 is pretty impressive.

If this offense can be somewhere in the middle-of-the-pack in runs scored, with relative pitching health, they could legitimately contend for a playoff spot. I know "middle-of-the-pack" doesn't sound like I'm very optimistic, but considering how inept their offense was last season, average would be a nice jump. 

It's been a fun first week. 

~~~~~  ~~~~~

Friday April 15, 2022 the HOME Opener Versus SF at 7:10 EDST, ta-da !   Exciting,  huh.    :huh:

~~~~~  ~~~~~

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

~~~~~  ~~~~~

Friday April 15, 2022 the HOME Opener Versus SF at 7:10 EDST, ta-da !   Exciting,  huh.    :huh:

~~~~~  ~~~~~

given a choice? I'd be at that Cav's game.. That place is packed .. Downtown Cleveland is the place to be.. Should be a fun night :)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

given a choice? I'd be at that Cav's game.. That place is packed .. Downtown Cleveland is the place to be.. Should be a fun night :)

Progressive Field is a sellout, should be fun !

2 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Offense stunk and some untimely errors this weekend.

I think the Giants have a nice team this year again but We are what we are maybe… .500 team that maybe sniffs a wildcard if some young guys realize their potential and pitching stays healthy 

Heard something this weekend that this Guardians team isn't only the youngest team in the majors this season - by far - but the youngest team in MLB in over 30 years. 

It's going to be a rollercoaster this year. 

" What is is. " 

The best thing is they have the right guy as manager Terrance Jon Franconia.  Born: April 22, 1959 (age 62 years), Aberdeen, SD

A real boomer, I just happened to run across that little tidbit before this season began..  Name all of the 59 year old boomer managers born in South Dakota. 

We've got him.

......  edit add  10/27/22 ......  This boomer is our best manager of the year !  Absolutely. 

On the somewhat brighter side the Indians now Guardians may have the best starting 5 pitching in the ALC.

Defense and batting may be another matter although they're leading everything 8 games into 2022.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

On the somewhat brighter side the Indians now Guardians may have the best starting 5 pitching in the ALC.

Defense and batting may be another matter although they're leading everything 8 games into 2022.

Defensively, They need to keep Owen Miller away from First Base and Rosario is a liability at Short.  Pretty much anyone they put at first is below average.  

But you are right they have Tito and the pitching can carry the team. Both need to be healthy this year to have any shot

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Defensively, They need to keep Owen Miller away from First Base and Rosario is a liability at Short.  Pretty much anyone they put at first is below average.  

But you are right they have Tito and the pitching can carry the team. Both need to be healthy this year to have any shot

I'm looking at all of the positives   -and-  could this be the nucleus for another TRIBE run ? 

It does take some patience plus Terry's teams even in good years are second half teams which is what you want not the other way around. 

My kind of team...

960x0.jpg

Something else that you might want to check  ✔  out on the TRIBE BOARD,  a new thread :

~~~ On This Day in MLB History ~~~ 

For your viewing experience a new feature in on THE TRIBE BOARD.  Interesting little facts, figures and other tidbits in Major League Baseball history.  Feel free to add your comments and suggestions. 

(for example)  April 18.   Today's  CWS at CLE game postponed.   

• 1929 - At Yankee Stadium, Babe Ruth hits a home run in his first at-bat since his marriage the day before. As he rounds second base tips his hat to his new bride, Claire Merritt Hodgson.
  • 1939 - Announcer Red Barber calls the action in the Brooklyn Dodgers' 7 - 3 loss to the New York Giants, marking the first time a regular-season Brooklyn game is broadcast on the radio.
  • 1942 - Due to the fear of a Japanese attack, west coast military leaders ask the Pacific Coast League to limit crowds to 3,000 fans.
  • 1955 - Roberto Clemente's first major league home run – a 440- to 450-foot inside-the-parker off Giants southpaw Don Liddle – arrives three games into his big league career and it's just his luck that it occurs in the one stadium that, due to its freakish configuration, could possibly have contained this blast, namely the Polo Grounds, that semi-rectangular oddity wherein 279- and 257-foot foul lines coexist with 455- and 449-foot power alleys. This first New York visit also has a deeper significance for Clemente since, in his third major league game, he's playing on the same field with both his new mentor and role model, Willie Mays (alongside whom he was playing just two months earlier in Santurce), and his boyhood hero, Monte Irvin, whose winter ball career Clemente monitored religiously in the late 1940s and who, in the interim, has himself become both a teammate and something of a mentor to Mays.

~~~ and ~~~

Did anyone here watch that classic game  ?

Me :  You just wasted $10, game over and now you have to get home from the Bronx.   :lol: 

Sunday NYY 6-0 5th inning,  might as well leave for home now.    :huh:

Monday Night Baseball,   top 6, LAA 1-0.   Beiber who's from Orange, CA just gave up a HR.  TRIBE leads off with a double. 

I can watch the TRIBE over the USFL anytime,  period. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2022 at 1:38 PM, mjp28 said:

Something else that you might want to check  ✔  out on the TRIBE BOARD,  a new thread :

~~~ On This Day in MLB History ~~~ 

For your viewing experience a new feature in on THE TRIBE BOARD.  Interesting little facts, figures and other tidbits in Major League Baseball history.  Feel free to add your comments and suggestions. 

(for example)  April 18.   Today's  CWS at CLE game postponed.   

• 1929 - At Yankee Stadium, Babe Ruth hits a home run in his first at-bat since his marriage the day before. As he rounds second base tips his hat to his new bride, Claire Merritt Hodgson.
  • 1939 - Announcer Red Barber calls the action in the Brooklyn Dodgers' 7 - 3 loss to the New York Giants, marking the first time a regular-season Brooklyn game is broadcast on the radio.
  • 1942 - Due to the fear of a Japanese attack, west coast military leaders ask the Pacific Coast League to limit crowds to 3,000 fans.
  • 1955 - Roberto Clemente's first major league home run – a 440- to 450-foot inside-the-parker off Giants southpaw Don Liddle – arrives three games into his big league career and it's just his luck that it occurs in the one stadium that, due to its freakish configuration, could possibly have contained this blast, namely the Polo Grounds, that semi-rectangular oddity wherein 279- and 257-foot foul lines coexist with 455- and 449-foot power alleys. This first New York visit also has a deeper significance for Clemente since, in his third major league game, he's playing on the same field with both his new mentor and role model, Willie Mays (alongside whom he was playing just two months earlier in Santurce), and his boyhood hero, Monte Irvin, whose winter ball career Clemente monitored religiously in the late 1940s and who, in the interim, has himself become both a teammate and something of a mentor to Mays.

~~~ and ~~~

Did anyone here watch that classic game  ?

I occasionally check ✔️ out things on the  TRIBE FORUM   cleaning and perusing around the various threads  -but-  this has to be my favorite ! April 21, 2009.

From 4/21/22 just two months ago oh how I enjoyed that game again.  The Bronx faithful were booing the hometown yankee$  and cheering on our Indians.  I remember my guy Omar Vizquel was going for 7/7 and just missed it at 6/7.

This game and the Sunday Night Baseball biggest comeback in 75 year game versus Seattle on August 5, 2001 I can watch anytime. 

Ah yes classic baseball .   LETS GO TRIBE !

download (6).jpeg

• 4 months later...
On 4/1/2022 at 11:24 PM, mjp28 said:

OK BROWNS fans it's not all you it's  ☆ 2022 Cleveland GUARDIANS time ☆  that's right  beisbol  in Cleveland,  Ohio !  Head on over to the TRIBE Forum and check  ✔ out the new schedule.  It runs from April through the  ☆ ALL STAR BREAK ☆.    First game next Thursday April 7 in KC at 4:10 pm.

Wait who am I kidding  BROWNS FOOTBALL runs every minute of every day of every month all year in NE OHIO and well beyond. 

And it kills me to type GUARD-IANS my brain still says it's the freaking  INDIANS dammit......and don't walk on my grass, I know who you are......OK that happens once in awhile.   And NO Frankie what's his name isn't playing. 

OK got that out so check it out, dammit. 

LETS GO .....ahhhh GUARD-IANS.

Well.....  

QIFBEE7755H7VPYZDWSTN5DS5A.jpg

On 4/5/2022 at 4:38 PM, mjp28 said:

In case you’re interested or even a bit curious I put the projected  2022 Cleveland GUARDIANS Starting lineups and pitching rotation and depth chart over in the TR8BE FORUM.

Just for your information I put up the starting 1-9 lineup here.  I'll buy anyone a new car if you can guess it exactly . correct in order and spelled correctly.   GO TRIBE  !  

Projected Lineup

Player POS AB R HR RBI SB AVG OBP SLG OPS BB K
1 Myles Straw OF 517  73 4 43 28 0.267 0.342 0.346 0.688 59 112
2 Amed Rosario  OF 540 72 13 60 13 0.280 0.318 0.422 0.740 30 114
3 Jose Ramirez  3B 558 101 35 102 25 0.271 0.359 0.536 0.895 74 92
4 Franmil Reyes  DH 539 78 37 100 3 0.254 0.323 0.506 0.829 56 181
5 Bobby Bradley 1B 390 53 23 62 1 0.213 0.289 0.438 0.727 38 155
6 Andres Gimenez  SS 399 52 12 42 18 0.246 0.300 0.401 0.701 22 105
7 Yu-Cheng Chang  2B 233 30 9 32 2 0.232 0.286 0.416 0.702 17 70
8 Bradley Zimmer  OF 262 36 8 29 11 0.221 0.319 0.359 0.678 27 105
9 Austin Hedges   C 325 35 13 39 1 0.197 0.252 0.357 0.609 22 102

*certain rules, regulations, stipulations and other stuff apply in the new car offer and apply to Cleveland GUARDIANS season ticket holders only.   :lol:

Wow numbers  4, 5, 7, 8 just disappeared and a lot of dreams about some  HR POWER !   Replaced by youth and speed and a  Tito Francona  led attitude to play all 27 outs in   every   game.  That and an awesome pitching staff that  impressed everyone. 

The rest as they say is history.    :D

On 10/22/2022 at 1:38 AM, Neo said:

If we had Jim Thome and Albert Belle, we win that series. The Guardians just could generate any offense when needed. Oh and someone to do this to one of the Yankees.     ★   NO doubt about that !

A power OF/DH  and  dependable  1B/DH.  Some serious pop to go with the group of .290+/-  hitters

Now just the hard part getting that all together.  They already have the real hard  part a solid pitching staff.  The 90s Indians never really had that true #1 pitcher. 

The Guardians still have a good minor league system with prospective players in there now.   It is fun playing Generational what if.

In the 1960s some dynamite pitchers zero  bats.   And on it goes.....

• Upvote 1

On 10/24/2022 at 11:01 PM, mjp28 said:

Now just the hard part getting that all together.  They already have the real hard  part a solid pitching staff.  The 90s Indians never really had that true #1 pitcher. 

The Guardians still have a good minor league system with prospective players in there now.   It is fun playing Generational what is.

In the 1960s some dynamite pitchers zero  bats.   And on it goes.....

I knew the Guardians were in trouble from that last series against the Ray's only scoring one run in 15 innings. And 1 run against the Yankees in game one. Yankees have multiple players that can generate instant offense, Guardians could't generate any when they needed it. Even with the walk off win I knew they weren't going to keep the Yankees quiet. Would be nice if they can get a big bat in FA.

7 hours ago, Neo said:

I knew the Guardians were in trouble from that last series against the Ray's only scoring one run in 15 innings. And 1 run against the Yankees in game one. Yankees have multiple players that can generate instant offense, Guardians could't generate any when they needed it. Even with the walk off win I knew they weren't going to keep the Yankees quiet. Would be nice if they can get a big bat in FA.

Yes they were reverting back to their regular season hot/cold  hitting habits well you can't easily do that ib a short series   -still-  they took the all powerful Yank$ to the end of Game 5.  You better believe that a few Yankee fans were nervous about that.

Still a really exciting fun season and a memorable playoff run in year 1 as the Guardians,   something to build on for year two.   

~ Going  Forward  ~

My biggest  concern going forward from here the overall health and desire of one Mr Tito Francona to be the manager of the Cleveland GUARDIANS.   If you look at his picture year-after-year  he shows the grind of being  "the man"..   Hopefully the excitement of watching these young guns getting better will keep him fired up enough to keep going. 

He is the best  manager in MLB today.

i personally am glad that I got my chance here to reinvigorate and run TBB TRIBE FORUM  in 2022.   I got to try out a few things, tweak a bunch of things to give us Cleveland GUARDIANS  fans a good place to call  "safe at home".   I've already started up on the  2023  offseason,  Spring Training and Year two. of Cleveland Guardians Baseball. 

I always like to stay open to others questions,  comments and suggestions to keep things fresh.

I also set a personal record of watching or listening to all or part of 160 of 162 games and every playoff  in 2022.....a few in doctor's offices or on the way home.   I don't know if I will keep up that pace but I will try starting with Game 1 in 2023.    It was one fun and exciting year !   mjp.  

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~~>     REPOSTED IN THE 2023 SCHEDULE THREAD   <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

• Like 1

• mjp28 changed the title to * OK BROWNS fans it's not all you it's  ☆ 2022 Cleveland GUARDIANS time ☆  ( * It also is worth reviewing )