THE BROWNS BOARD

Great Moments in Uniform Design

dencyguy

Shockingly enough, Nike is responsible for both sides in the Oregon-Boise State affair:

newducks_white.jpg

2009_new_football_uniform.jpg

Even more shockingly, Phil Knight is a UO alum, major booster, and presumably a fan of the program. And Nike still insists on dressing the Ducks in eight different hideous uniforms. Unless the players routinely demand to be dressed like morons on national television.

Dennis

Forget the cheerleaders thread, how about a "repulsive alternate Nike uniforms" thread? They've screwed more college football teams than the BCS at this point.

I love the Army camo uniforms. I think that is a great look..

I kind of like them as well. Certainly they work thematically, and even though I prefer their standard unis, they aren't bad as an occasional alternative. Better than the Padres' camo uniforms, which just make them seem like poseurs to me.

Dennis

I wonder if the impetus of this thread was behind Blount suckerpunching that DE(Touk? Tout?) yesterday?

As the guy who started the thread, it happened way before Blount's punch. I was watching the first half and going, man, this game features some horrible, horrible uniforms. I mean, it's not like Oregon is known for having great uniforms, but Phil Knight's marketing staff have turned the team into a sick joke:

ducks_lead.jpg

0855e217af8d9f0e5530e30231ac7f9a.png

Considering that this is what he does to a team he likes in the interest of marketing, Oregon's uniforms might be the best pound-for-pound advertisement for communism in the history of the world.

Dennis

Ha! Yeah I was curious if "the ugliest uniform" discussion came up on the field and helped initiate the fisticuffs. I'm guessing no.

In total agreement in regards to the eye assault Knight is committing with those uni's. Diamond plating on the shoulders is a go but no chromed facemasks??? Travesty.

I personally think Oregon’s uniforms look good; there are worse looking ones than this.

Tennessee

Easy there...well, it's okay. Not everybody can handle the awesomeness.

As for the Florida team--assuming you don't mean that team in Gainesville--you might be referring to Florida A&M. Pretty atrocious:

FAMU-TSU.jpg

Dennis

I personally think Oregon’s uniforms look good; there are worse looking ones than this.

Tennessee

Notre dame with green jersey

USC, red and babyshit yellow... blah

Delaware

Michigan

There is a team in Florida with some odd combo’s Fla. A&M or Atlantic not sure

Boise state

WHAT!?!?!? :blink:

You just named probably 4 (ND, SC, Tenn, Mich) of the BEST looking, classic, traditional uniforms ever. And you like the damn duck feathers!!! on the Oregon uni? LOL!!!! :lol:

Notre dame with green jersey

You like that crap that Oregon wears each week but you don't like the legendary green jerseys (that they don't wear very often) of ND?

You're goofy...

You like that crap that Oregon wears each week but you don't like the legendary green jerseys (that they don't wear very often) of ND?

You're goofy...

He might be a domer. They haven't fared very well in recent history wearing those jerseys.

But based on some of his other selections for bad uni's, I'd guess that's not actually the case.

I'm a Notre Dame fan as well and no the green unis haven't worked well..although they were wearing the green jerseys when they played that epic game against USC in South Bend when Reggie Bush cheated to push Leinart in for the TD so I wouldn't say that the green jerseys were as big a guarentee of failure as our brown pants are.

I'm a Notre Dame fan as well and no the green unis haven't worked well..although they were wearing the green jerseys when they played that epic game against USC in South Bend when Reggie Bush cheated to push Leinart in for the TD so I wouldn't say that the green jerseys were as big a guarentee of failure as our brown pants are.

You forgot to mention how that was one of the "big games" that Quinn lost. :lol:

Archived