THE BROWNS BOARD

NBC announces new SNF team and the new TNF announcers, it's mu$ical chairs in the booth. 

mjp28

NBC announces new SNF team and new TNF announcers, it's mu$ical chairs in the booth.  The NFL money wheel of fortune keeps rolling on. 

Amazon got their team Al Michaels and Kirk Herbstreit for Thursday Night Football. 

Now NBC announces their new SNF booth crew Mike Tirico, Chris Collingsworth  -and-  Melissa Stark. 

~~~~~ $ ~~~~~

NBC announced its new "Sunday Night Football" broadcast crew on Tuesday, officially revealing the replacements for play-by-play man Al Michaels and sideline reporter Michele Tafoya.

Mike Tirico, NBC's longtime sports broadcaster, will now be joining Cris Collinsworth in the booth for play-by-play, and Melissa Stark will be doing the sideline reporting.

“'Sunday Night Football' is destination viewing and we are thrilled to have Mike, Cris and Melissa call the action and tell the stories that football fans have come to expect from prime time TV’s #1 show,” NBC Sports chairman Pete Bevacqua said in a statement.

Tirico's resume is well known. He has been a part of NBC's NFL coverage since 2016, but he does so much more. In just the past year he served as the prime-time host for NBC's Olympics coverage, hosted the Super Bowl pregame show, horse racing's Triple Crown, golf's U.S. Open and the Indianapolis 500. Essentially, if you watch sports on NBC, you have to work really hard to avoid hearing his voice.

• mjp28 changed the title to NBC announces new SNF team and the new TNF announcers, it's mu$ical chairs in the booth. 

Additional new SNF information, even TV booth crews don't last forever like in the good ol' days ........

Stark has been a sideline reporter in the past, having done the job in the early 2000s for ABC's "Monday Night Football." She has spent over a decade as a host and reporter for NFL Network, worked three Olympics for NBC, and also spent four years with NBC News doing work on the "Today Show" and MSNBC.

There has been a lot of moving and shaking in the football broadcast world since the Super Bowl in February, and NBC wasn't exempt from it. Michaels' contract with NBC ran out, and when it wasn't renewed he signed with Amazon to call its Thursday night games. Tafoya has left sports broadcasting altogether and is now pursuing a career in Minnesota politics.

Now it seems that the moving and shaking has come to an end, at least for now. NFL broadcast teams are mostly in place, and all they need are games to call. Tirico, Collinsworth and Stark will get their first shot as a trio at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game on Aug. 4, and will call their first regular-season game on Sept. 8.

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Tafoya has left sports broadcasting altogether and is now pursuing a career in Minnesota politics.

images.jpg.1be229bd870a2f614a5f4d90a030bd6c.jpg  where have i heard this before?   images.jpg.feb6226701e0eb0138b544da6790c0c7.jpg  Hi Melissa ! download.jpg.6076cd2c2449b10e41608e743083eb62.jpg

Isn't it really all entertainment ?  Maybe now more than ever, ready  Action !  You're on .

5 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Isn't it really all entertainment ?  Maybe now more than ever, ready  Action !  You're on .

When i heard this announced on sirius nfl radio on my way to work today..They announced it as... former Steeler, now retired player Max Starks 😳 ..

I turn my nfl radio channel to somebody else just knowing Max is coming on :)..

Sweet Melissa just upgraded my day  

From Yahoo Sports Tuesday April 26, 2022.

Mon, April 25, 2022, 6:39 PM·1 min read 

ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit announced on Monday that he has a blood clot and will not take part in the network's NFL draft coverage this week.

Herbstreit made the announcement on a social media video, telling his followers that he's skipping the trip to Las Vegas this week on the advice of his doctors and amid an "abundance of caution."  

Herbstreit did not provide further details of his diagnosis.

As ESPN's lead college football analyst, Herbstreit usually plays a prominent role in the networks' three days of draft coverage. The first round of the draft starts Thursday night in Las Vegas with the later rounds taking place on Friday and Saturday.

He vowed to his followers to return to his normal role covering the draft in 2023.

"I will see you guys at next year's draft," Herbsreit said.

• Sad 1

Question if anyone knows... With TNF moving to Amazon,  will you need Amazon Prime to watch? There's been plenty of speculation as to who's going to get  Sunday Ticket when DirecTV's contract runs out after this season. I've heard Amazon is the frontrunner for that also.

BTW, your aged and decrepit Moderator finally found the remaining Mod functions he thought he no longer had. :)

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Question if anyone knows... With TNF moving to Amazon,  will you need Amazon Prime to watch? There's been plenty of speculation as to who's going to get  Sunday Ticket when DirecTV's contract runs out after this season. I've heard Amazon is the frontrunner for that also.

BTW, your aged and decrepit Moderator finally found the remaining Mod functions he thought he no longer had. :)

Just don't hit that new self destruct   button,  really don't do it .....ahhhhh......

download.jpeg

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Just don't hit that new self destruct   button,  really don't do it .....ahhhhh......

download.jpeg

:D Ah don't know, if you knew...  When Z was the uber Moderator, he had the ultimate nuke button. And he used it on Ghoolie.  One click, and everything by said poster disappeared into the Internet ether.   

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Question if anyone knows... With TNF moving to Amazon,  will you need Amazon Prime to watch? 

yeah, you'll need amazon prime/video..  https://www.amazon.com/adlp/tnf 

my wife has it, but I'm holding out for other options

14 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

yeah, you'll need amazon prime/video..  https://www.amazon.com/adlp/tnf 

my wife has it, but I'm holding out for other options

I hope there will be gumby... Yeah, we have Amazon Prime, but I have to wonder if the NFL isn't shooting themselves in the foot with this one... A quick numbers check, with 66 million Prime subscribers (surprised at that #) that's only 1\2 of the 128 million US households. As it stands now, if you don't have an ability to stream TV you're SOL at least in regards to football. Ditto with MNF on ESPN. At least if your home team is involved, they have to put it on OTA broadcast in the local market. Won't help Browns fans much if they don't live in NE Ohio.  :(   

20 hours ago, hoorta said:

Rumor has it that Apple TV bought the rights to NFL broadcasting that was formerly owned by Direct TV.

I’ve read it on a couple of reputable websites, but nothing has been confirmed…yet.

You know Al Michaels can announce NFL football in fact he can do anything including MLB baseball doing the world series during an earthquake. 

But what about Kirk Herbstreit who now missed his NFL debut doing the 2022 NFL Draft  ?   Will it be strange with the medical history and new game ?  Or no big deal when the lights come on......it will be a bit different now.

And now Al Michaels with  Kirk Herbstreit........drumroll please.