THE BROWNS BOARD

Tell Us Something We Didn't Know

Axe

1 hour ago, Axe said:

Biden surpasses Jimmy Carter as the most incompetent steward of the American economy

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/bidens-war-on-fossil-fuels-jimmy-carter-rick-perry

To be fair Jimmy Carter and Paul volcker were faced with some pretty bad inflation and Volcker was forced to put the clamps on the economy to slow things down. I have to give him a pass on that. His incompetent foreign policy on the other hand...

Keep in mind however that Carter had to take drastic steps slow down inflation while Joe Biden... I think you get the idea.

(and Carter still had all his marbles)

WSS

13 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

To be fair Jimmy Carter and Paul volcker were faced with some pretty bad inflation and Volcker was forced to put the clamps on the economy to slow things down. I have to give him a pass on that. His incompetent foreign policy on the other hand...

Keep in mind however that Carter had to take drastic steps slow down inflation while Joe Biden... I think you get the idea.

(and Carter still had all his marbles)

WSS

I always thought Carters heart was in the right place... He was too much of a people pleaser...

1 minute ago, nickers said:

I always thought Carters heart was in the right place... He was too much of a people pleaser...

Since we have no idea how things would have shaken out had this not happened it's hard to say convincingly whether or not bailing on the Shah of Iran was a good idea. I'm thinking probably not.

WSS

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Since we have no idea how things would have shaken out had this not happened it's hard to say convincingly whether or not bailing on the Shah of Iran was a good idea. I'm thinking probably not.

WSS

Yeah , That certainly was a mess for him...

10 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Space Shuttle Columbia was lost in 2003, but it came close to being destroyed 4 years earlier due to a golden bullet:

that is amazing. so complicated - why didn't they just design an all electric space shuttle? that would have been the ticket.

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

that is amazing. so complicated - why didn't they just design an all electric space shuttle? that would have been the ticket.

Technically speaking, the Space Shuttle Orbiter was an electric vehicle. It was powered by fuel cells that used oxygen and hydrogen to generate electricity, with water being the main byproduct. And the Space Shuttle's main engines also used liquid hydrogen and oxygen as fuels, again with water vapor being the main byproduct.