THE BROWNS BOARD

Scariest big nickel 3. Eric Turner, Ronnie Lott and Sean Taylor.

SkippinTurtles

E Rock is still my 2nd favorite Brown of all time, only a step behind Clay. I loved the rules back then where points weren't artificially manufactured so the casual fan wouldn't change the channel.... Today's phone addicted human needs football games to be 31-27 or they'll lose interest and watch Tickity Tock. 

Lott was just plain scary and will always be one of the NFL's best players ever.

Taylor? To be honest he's not on my remembering radar for anything other than his death.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, D Bone said:

E Rock is still my 2nd favorite Brown of all time, only a step behind Clay. I loved the rules back then where points weren't artificially manufactured so the casual fan wouldn't change the channel.... Today's phone addicted human needs football games to be 31-27 or they'll lose interest and watch Tickity Tock. 

Lott was just plain scary and will always be one of the NFL's best players ever.

Taylor? To be honest he's not on my remembering radar for anything other than his death.  

Watch Taylor blowing up a punter in the Pro Bowl.  Dude was intense.  And talented.

Over the middle from his Ohio State days to the Oakland Raiders,  Jack Tatum was among THE scariest hitters.....ever.

• Thanks 2

Fairly good list.. https://athlonsports.com/nfl/25-greatest-defensive-backs-nfl-history   @tiamat63 good luck ranking those corners? 🤔

Top 7

1. Ronnie Lott, Safety

8. Jack Tatum, Safety

11. Ed Reed, Safety

12. Charles Woodson, Safety

16. Troy Polamalu, Safety

15. Steve Atwater, Safety

22. Darren Woodson, Safety

never forgotten Dawg ! E. ROCK !

download.jpg.8d344cb060903656724edc6dab4f840e.jpg

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Fairly good list.. https://athlonsports.com/nfl/25-greatest-defensive-backs-nfl-history   @tiamat63 good luck ranking those corners? 🤔

Top 7

1. Ronnie Lott, Safety

8. Jack Tatum, Safety

11. Ed Reed, Safety

Safety is the most underrated position in football.  Some of my favorite players all-time.

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Top 7

1. Ronnie Lott, Safety

8. Jack Tatum, Safety

11. Ed Reed, Safety

I would put Tatum before Lott.. Lott was very good... Tatum was a pure animal..

5 hours ago, nickers said:

I would put Tatum before Lott.. Lott was very good... Tatum was a pure animal..

Ohh, many have certainly debated who's 1 or 2 between Lott or Tatum.. I'm recalling my rankings, from a sports bar I attend. List still hangs on their walls.. I was also attending there when the local media writers put them in order..

Their biggest deciding factor was.. Lott's body parts surviving over Lott's career games played over Jack's.. 14 years, of which 10 were Pro bowler level from Lott..Tatum played 10 years with 2 PB

Ties are no fun but, either way...the 71 era..vs. the 81 era.. Lumber laying 👀 was so much fun to watch 👍

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Ohh, many have certainly debated who's 1 or 2 between Lott or Tatum.. I'm recalling my rankings, from a sports bar I attend. List still hangs on their walls.. I was also attending there when the local media writers put them in order..

Their biggest deciding factor was.. Lott's body parts surviving over Lott's career games played over Jack's.. 14 years, of which 10 were Pro bowler level from Lott..Tatum played 10 years with 2 PB

Ties are no fun but, either way...the 71 era..vs. the 81 era.. Lumber laying 👀 was so much fun to watch 👍

Stingley votes Tatum #1.  Lott played corner and safety.  Tough call.

1 hour ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Stingley votes Tatum #1.  Lott played corner and safety.  Tough call.

Stingley did forgave Tatum because he realized it just was a tough sport.  Now as a hitter on the gridiron I'd take Tatum   -but-   Lott was just good, couldn't miss with either one.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

These 3 would have turned Tom Brady into Marcia Brady.  Tatum paralyzing the little white receivers.

How true.

He would have retired from professional football long ago,  none of this 40+ year old NFL quarterback stuff.  Throw Brees and others who would have been " beat up and gone" before 35 +/-.  Kosar, Bradshaw,  Stabler and many more were beat up and felt it well before 40. 

And throw in their receivers who are now protected by the new rules.....and rightfully so.  CTE and other crippling injuries are brutal in tackle football, especially NFL football.