THE BROWNS BOARD

Analyzing AFC North Opponents; 5 Big questions; Ravens

The Gipper

I am going to list 5 Big questions in regard to the Browns AFC North opponents. Se what semi-legit answers can be come up for these. (Yes, I am patterning this after a radio show). First, the Ravens:

1. Will it be Flacco or Fluke-o? Rookie QB Joe Flacco "led" the Ratbirds to an AFC Title game appearance last year. Will he continue his steady play, or will he suffer a sophomore slump?

2. Will age and the loss of their defensive coordinator of the last several years catch up to the Ravens defense?

3. Do the Ravens have anyone that constitutes a playmaking receiver or a legitimate downfield threat?

4. Will the only transplanted Cleveland Brown, Matt Stover, still be kicking for the Ravens this year?

5. What will be the Ravens final record in the 2009 season?

I am going to list 5 Big questions in regard to the Browns AFC North opponents. Se what semi-legit answers can be come up for these. (Yes, I am patterning this after a radio show). First, the Ravens:

1. Will it be Flacco or Fluke-o? Rookie QB Joe Flacco "led" the Ratbirds to an AFC Title game appearance last year. Will he continue his steady play, or will he suffer a sophomore slump?

I think he'll continue his steady play, but I don't see him lighting anyone up. Maybe against weak opponents, but I don't think he can carry that team on his shoulders just yet.

2. Will age and the loss of their defensive coordinator of the last several years catch up to the Ravens defense?

No. With Reed, Suggs, Lewis and Ngata, I think Bugs Bunny could call the defense and they'd still be solid.

3. Do the Ravens have anyone that constitutes a playmaking receiver or a legitimate downfield threat?

No. But they still somehow manage to make due with Mason.

4. Will the only transplanted Cleveland Brown, Matt Stover, still be kicking for the Ravens this year?

I could be wrong, but I thought they did cut him?

9-7 would be my guess.

1. Will it be Flacco or Fluke-o? Rookie QB Joe Flacco "led" the Ratbirds to an AFC Title game appearance last year. Will he continue his steady play, or will he suffer a sophomore slump? Flacco. He's going to follow up with a good sophomore year. That's because he'll have a great ground game.

2. Will age and the loss of their defensive coordinator of the last several years catch up to the Ravens defense? No. They still have Ngata and Suggs and Reed

3. Do the Ravens have anyone that constitutes a playmaking receiver or a legitimate downfield threat? I think that they'll be adequate.

4. Will the only transplanted Cleveland Brown, Matt Stover, still be kicking for the Ravens this year? Why not? Did they cut off his leg?

5. What will be the Ravens final record in the 2009 season? 11-5

1. Will it be Flacco or Fluke-o? We better hope for fluke-o but it will be flacco...

2. Will age and the loss of their defensive coordinator of the last several years catch up to the Ravens defense? No. as a matter of fact they may be improved..

3. Do the Ravens have anyone that constitutes a playmaking receiver or a legitimate downfield threat? I think that they'll be adequate.

4. Will the only transplanted Cleveland Brown, Matt Stover, still be kicking for the Ravens this year? yes..

5. What will be the Ravens final record in the 2009 season? 10-6

Again, I will answer my own questions:

Fluke-o. He will slide back on his performance. I am not saying that for all time his rookie season will be his best ever, but I cannot see him coming close to repeating his performance of last year. Defensive coaches around the league will have a better clue about this guy and will be more prepared for his abilities. It wouldn't even surprise me if he gets benched a time or two in favor of Troy Smith.

Somewhat. Not to a great degree, but there will be a backslide. They still have some dominating players, but some of their older guys may be just a half step slower, and that is all good offenses will need to gain a bit of a better edge against this defense. Plus, yes, Rex Ryan had been in control of much of that defense since 1999. Losing him will have an effect, for certain.

They certainly do not. They have a couple of 2d and 3rd receiver. They may be adequate for the ball control offense the Ravens will attempt to run, but they will not scare anyone. This team will rely on a fairly deep running back contingent to do whatever it is they will have to do to win. Given what I noted above, I expect they will have some much closer, lower scoring games.

Someone said he was already cut. Someone else said no. Is there a confirmation either way?

I don't know why they would get rid of him. It seems he was still doing the job for them.....but they WILL need a good kicker for the close games they will play.

An 8-8 record. No playoffs

Archived