THE BROWNS BOARD

Yesterday's vote

28 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

So who did anybody cast their ballots toward? I thought Mandel and Vance were both just a little bit disingenuous but I wound up voting for Mandel.

Summit County, Norton I didn't vote for anybody running unopposed.

WSS

The primary here in WV isn’t until next Tuesday

But seeing as I live on the border of Ohio/WV and have seen all the stupid ads. I wouldn’t have voted for any of them if I still lived in Ohio

Here in WV I will probably vote for Carol Miller. She is endorsed by Trump, which sucks IMO, but the others are a bunch of nobody’s with very little or no political experience at all. One of them is an eye doctor 

Miller does like coal and guns. Which I agree with, but the Trump endorsement is troubling to me

7 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

The primary here in WV isn’t until next Tuesday

But seeing as I live on the border of Ohio/WV and have seen all the stupid ads. I wouldn’t have voted for any of them if I still lived in Ohio

Nobody choked me up but I guess I would prefer to have the strongest candidate possible to run against Democrat. And I guess I prefer to have somebody a little more conservative than Portman.

WSS

2 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Here in WV I will probably vote for Carol Miller. She is endorsed by Trump, which sucks IMO, but the others are a bunch of nobody’s with very little or no political experience at all. One of them is an eye doctor 

Miller does like coal and guns. Which I agree with, but the Trump endorsement is troubling to me

Anti guns anti-coal is probably going to have a tough fight on their hands down there. Wonder why Trump endorsed her? I also wonder why he endorsed Vance.

WSS

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Anti guns anti-coal is probably going to have a tough fight on their hands down there. Wonder why Trump endorsed her? I also wonder why he endorsed Vance.

WSS

I can’t believe he endorsed Vance. That guy bad mouthed Trump. And usually Trump hates those people

Also Miller wanted the wall, so Trump likes her

• Upvote 1

I wasn’t really big on any of the senate candidates but went with Vance. I went with Heimlich in my house district, but he lost. I went with Blystone for governor. One of my all time favorite name guys (Raj Rajagopal) ran for clerk of courts down my way but he lost too. 

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

So who did anybody cast their ballots toward? I thought Mandel and Vance were both just a little bit disingenuous but I wound up voting for Mandel.

Summit County, Norton I didn't vote for anybody running unopposed.

WSS

Same here, I voted for Mandel only because he didn’t bad mouth Trump.

JD Vance strikes me as a flip flopper that will bend like a willow in the wind.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

They love guns and coal here for sure

They also love Trump. So she will win in a landslide

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

Mandel was a suck up.

Vance has clearly explained his conversion to Trump.

He was like a lot who didn’t realize that Trump was going to do what he said.

I think most politicians will suck up to whoever gets them elected 

If Trump’s name stops carrying votes people will jump ship faster then Usain Bolt

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

yep - that was very strange. vance seems like whatever the going rage is, he will be that to get elected.

we voted for Mandel - voted for Rennacci - DEwine has been a good governor, but times call for him to be more

outspoken and more of a fighter. but Dewine won.

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

yep - that was very strange. vance seems like whatever the going rage is, he will be that to get elected.

we voted for Mandel - voted for Rennacci - DEwine has been a good governor, but times call for him to be more

outspoken and more of a fighter. but Dewine won.

I was thinking Rennacci would win, but Dewine kicked his ass.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

I was thinking Rennacci would win, but Dewine kicked his ass.

I'm good friends with one of his campaign guys oh, it just didn't seem like he had enough money for this campaign I saw almost no Renacci commercials and a bunch of Dewine.

Plus name recognition. I guess people forgot he was licking Amy Acton butthole. Still not as bad as Michigan or Pennsylvania governors but I prefer somebody more like DeSantis.

WSS

15 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm good friends with one of his campaign guys oh, it just didn't seem like he had enough money for this campaign I saw almost no Renacci commercials and a bunch of Dewine.

Plus name recognition. I guess people forgot he was licking Amy Acton butthole. Still not as bad as Michigan or Pennsylvania governors but I prefer somebody more like DeSantis.

WSS

I have a bad feeling it's DeWines job until he's dead...

• Sad 1

On 5/4/2022 at 10:04 AM, Westside Steve said:

Nobody choked me up but I guess I would prefer to have the strongest candidate possible to run against Democrat. And I guess I prefer to have somebody a little more conservative than Portman.

WSS

Dolan, the least obnoxious of the Trump bootlickers. (& before you guys start ragging on me, I'm still a registered Republican) Some may not like DeWine, but there's obviously some sentiment for a more radical guy here.  Let me give you guys some inside dope on the Governor's race in November...  From personal Dayton experience...  You guys are going to learn to hate DeWine's opponent former Dayton Mayor Nan-ogram Whaley really fast.  She's WAY overreached her political social climbing. FWIW, she ran unopposed in her last Dayton Mayoral election, and it's a good thing. I would have voted for Guy the Garbage Collector instead. Would have fared far better challenging our local Congressional representative Mike Turner.  

On 5/4/2022 at 10:14 AM, Browns149 said:

I can’t believe he endorsed Vance. That guy bad mouthed Trump. And usually Trump hates those people

Also Miller wanted the wall, so Trump likes her

This..  ↑    Exactly.  Vance is pro Wall, Trump loves anyone who will finish his pet project.  

8 hours ago, nickers said:

I have a bad feeling it's DeWines job until he's dead...

Canton beat me to it... Let's talk about term limits for Congress while we're at it.  Short of rape or murder, get elected twice and it's your job for life, on name recognition. 

I voted in Nan for her first term as mayor when she ran against some dude who badmouthed me in Dayton City Paper. Was glad to see her win. I don't think she or anyone else has a shot at dethroning Dewine. 

I voted Vance as his views on Ukraine more or less match mine. I don't think we should be spending billions of taxpayer dollars funding an insurgency against Russian orcs, but this an issue that neocons and neoliberals seem to have an identical stance on. The wall is a dumb idea, but surely that money could be better spent to improve things at home. 

7 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

I voted in Nan for her first term as mayor when she ran against some dude who badmouthed me in Dayton City Paper. Was glad to see her win. I don't think she or anyone else has a shot at dethroning Dewine. 

I voted Vance as his views on Ukraine more or less match mine. I don't think we should be spending billions of taxpayer dollars funding an insurgency against Russian orcs, but this an issue that neocons and neoliberals seem to have an identical stance on. The wall is a dumb idea, but surely that money could be better spent to improve things at home. 

Yeah the wall is a bullshit issue but border security is deadly serious.

The entire Ukraine situation stinks like the offal  tanks at the stockyard. And I did like HILLBILLY ELEGY.

I voted for Mandel but he has the air of a poser as well. Then again if the Trump endorsement helps Vance beat the Democrat challenger I'm okay with it.

I do like Jim Renacci mostly because he's from right down the street and I don't like Mike Dewine because his only credentials are "well it could have been worse." At least we aren't Michigan.

WSS