THE BROWNS BOARD

Eric Metcalf. Eric Turner. Why so underrated?

At 4:04 AM I will agree with you.   And how many other left out Erics  are out there  ?  I'm now going to log off......      -_-

..... seriously though both were good Eric Metcalf was fun to watch    -but-   was he better than hid dad Terry ?

Edited by mjp28

Jim Brown being the last Browns player to gain national attention is a reflection of the national disrespect for this organization. 

Ask a football fan outside Cleveland what past great offensive tackles come to mind and it wouldn't surprise me that they forget all about Joe Thomas.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well when your chief Eric competition is another with the last name of Dickerson......................................just sayin'.😁

Yes E.D. doesn't seem to get the same following as Sweetness,  The great Jim Brown, LT, Barry,  Emmitt and the great Earl Campbell.   Every " greatest list " has their left off players.   That goes for OL players also.....Super Joe  !

13 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Turner was better than John Lynch.  Metcalf was as good as Devin Hester.  Legends.

Eric Turner wasnt around long enough... Had he lived... No question...

20 hours ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

3rd & 10 Metcalf up the middle.

image.png.12854e9b863c775fdd8c67184b360be7.png

Sadly that’s what I remember as well.  He was grossly misused for years.  Swing pass, wheel route on a backer or  Toss right or left should have been our offense with him.  

What a great punt returner.  Always made the first guy miss and he had great vision after he got past the first wave 

• Upvote 1

I remember that game well... The Stools and Cowher were horrified.... Classic shit , Man.... Like many games I watched with my Father... This one was a gem.....

• Upvote 1

Turner underrated I'll buy... Metcalf? No...

As far as I will go is say we never figured out hm and how to use his skill set. Light...  shifty, quick-accelerating with speed to burn. Pretty sure he'd be better used today by seeing a lot more broken fields ala his punt returns.

• Upvote 1