THE BROWNS BOARD

Away Game Road Trips This Season?

Riffer X

As we anxiously await the schedule release (hopefully a game one that is very winnable), I was curious if anybody already had their sites on a particular city to hit up this season. 

Living here just south of Sarasota has me eying the under 3 hour drive to Miami. Would be nice if it was a little later in the season, though, as Flugs and I went to the Tampa Bay game in 2018 and it was burning hot lmao. What a screw job that game was...

Nothing better than seeing those BROWNS jerseys in the crowd on the Cleveland away games.  And the BROWNS tailgating  fans at h9me eating some great eats, can't forget that.

And the BROWNS Backers active all over the USA......and beyond,  we love you too  !

well, was in NC over the weekend - might go to a Panther game - depends on who they are playing, and if their qb isn't

a despicable sleazeball cost 3 first round draft picks sombeitch.....

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Riffer X said:

As we anxiously await the schedule release (hopefully a game one that is very winnable), I was curious if anybody already had their sites on a particular city to hit up this season. 

Living here just south of Sarasota has me eying the under 3 hour drive to Miami. Would be nice if it was a little later in the season, though, as Flugs and I went to the Tampa Bay game in 2018 and it was burning hot lmao. What a screw job that game was...

My bucket list is to see the Brown play in every away stadium. So far, 10. 

Atlanta for sure... Bills... both 8 hour drives from Dayton. I was thinking Commanders... And I still might, though it being New Years Day sucks.  Like last year, I had Green Bay on the list- but not on Christmas Day.  :( Covid screwed up a trip to Dallas. 

Regarding Tampa Bay, don't remember the year- but I think it was in October, and definitely the hottest game I've ever been at. 90 in the shade, And my seat was in the sun. had sweat pouring off of me just sitting there. 

PS- regarding the Dolphins and Hard Rock Stadium.  They thankfully redid it, and  a lot of the seats (especially in the upper deck)- are out of the sun.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Atlanta for sure... Bills... both 8 hour drives from Dayton. I was thinking Commanders... And I still might, though it being New Years Day sucks.  Like last year, I had Green Bay on the list- but not on Christmas Day.  :( Covid screwed up a trip to Dallas. 

Regarding Tampa Bay, don't remember the year- but I think it was in October, and definitely the hottest game I've ever been at. 90 in the shade, And my seat was in the sun. had sweat pouring off of me just sitting there. 

PS- regarding the Dolphins and Hard Rock Stadium.  They thankfully redid it, and  a lot of the seats (especially in the upper deck)- are out of the sun.  

I'm going to Miami! Will do it myself, not a problem.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

No doubt that early season Florida sun can get to you.  Not the game to get heavy duty with the tailgating before the game  Between the alcohol and sun, you can dehydrate in a heartbeat.

I am going to sell off my two home night games against the Steelers and Cincy.  Probably NO as well.  Thus I will probably drive 100 miles south to see the Falcons game. My son keeps telling me I need to go just for the stadium alone.

On 5/11/2022 at 8:49 PM, gumby73 said:

My living in Carolina road trip plan is... at Panthers..at Washington...at Atlanta (hometown of D. Watson)

my hope is... 1 PM kickoffs on a Sunday 🤞

some might call this the trifecia... Ya!, booking gods ! (games broke up well too)

Booked the Carolina hotel, half mile walk to stadium, with no parking fees for Saturday & Sunday (just before room price increase)..

The 4 gameday ticket hunt is on going..

The seasons Opening game.. the gameday ticket deals are what they are (NO DEAL's!)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

some might call this the trifecia... Ya!, booking gods ! (games broke up well too)

Booked the Carolina hotel, half mile walk to stadium, with no parking fees for Saturday & Sunday (just before room price increase)..

The 4 gameday ticket hunt is on going..

The seasons Opening game.. the gameday ticket deals are what they are (NO DEAL's!)

I'd like to go to Carolina too. 

The Washington game would be good too, could be rough after NYEve though😂

• Like 1

“Away” game for me if I can swing it will be the MNF game in Cleveland on Halloween.  I have to decide if it is that game or the The Game in Columbus over Thanksgiving.  

Hopefully we come to Vegas in 2023.  I’m going to plan a nice long weekend with blackjack and football 

19 hours ago, hoorta said:

Atlanta for sure...

Sounds good to me as well, h...

Visit my kiddo in NW BAMA and then slide on over a state.

On 5/12/2022 at 4:05 PM, calfoxwc said:

well, was in NC over the weekend - might go to a Panther game - depends on who they are playing, and if their qb isn't

a despicable sleazeball cost 3 first round draft picks sombeitch.....

Charlotte is a fun town... And though we don't often agree,  building the Browns,  ewww...  This is our QB now?  Trying hard to block it out, but I couldn't.  

Bet the home opener they'll announce the defense,, because if they don't- there will be a humongous chorus of boos.  

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Charlotte is a fun town... And though we don't often agree,  building the Browns,  ewww...  This is our QB now?  Trying hard to block it out, but I couldn't.  

Bet the home opener they'll announce the defense,, because if they don't- there will be a humongous chorus of boos.  

I fully expect that the offense will be announced, and Watson will overwhelmingly be cheered.

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yep. Went to the family dr Thurs, routine, I"m doing great. The nurse we've known for years - said "I'm sorry but after all these years I think my husband and I are done being Browns fans. What do you think?

Obviously, we are on the similar same page after we talked, not surprisingly.

Our friends-like-family in NC - they used to live up here - the son graduated from college last year - and is not longer a Browns fan - he is far more interested in the Panthers - maybe I will get tickets to watch them play a game - maybe the Patriots. Although, they play the ratbirds and squealers, I think, too....

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Yep. Went to the family dr Thurs, routine, I"m doing great. The nurse we've known for years - said "I'm sorry but after all these years I think my husband and I are done being Browns fans. What do you think?

Obviously, we are on the similar same page after we talked, not surprisingly.

Our friends-like-family in NC - they used to live up here - the son graduated from college last year - and is not longer a Browns fan - he is far more interested in the Panthers - maybe I will get tickets to watch them play a game - maybe the Patriots. Although, they play the ratbirds and squealers, I think, too....

Now if only you could apply that to the trumpery you buy using moral standards as the benchmark like you do with Watson. A bit incongruous doncha think?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Now if only you could apply that to the trumpery you buy using moral standards as the benchmark like you do with Watson. A bit incongruous doncha think?

another stupid post - take it to the other forum. btw, we did not trade 3 draft picks for ....and he gave away his salary. No wonder you cower over here.

44 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

another stupid post - take it to the other forum. btw, we did not trade 3 draft picks for ....and he gave away his salary. No wonder you cower over here.

Cower-LOL! I stay away from rabbit holes full of stupidity, intentional ignorance and double standards. Smartest people on the BB do so as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Cower-LOL! I stay away from rabbit holes full of stupidity, intentional ignorance and double standards. Smartest people on the BB do so as well.

Yup, based on the latest developments... The loonies there can say whatever they want to- with absolute impunity.