THE BROWNS BOARD

Cigarettes and the nanny state

Don't know how many of you guys smoke cigarettes. I can't imagine that a pack of Newports a day is any worse for you than sitting on the couch 24/7 waiting for a Biden check and eating macaroni and cheese you bought with your food stamps but...

"The FDA is about to crack down on menthol cigarettes | Popular Science" https://www.popsci.com/health/fda-menthol-ban-cigarettes/

WSS

I quit smoking 5 years ago... I started out with Newports... Went to Marlboro... Smoked Winston for years.. Then smoked whatever was bargain Menthol or Salem ultra lights... Glad that I quit... However I do miss it at times... it was a huge part of my persona...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Don't know how many of you guys smoke cigarettes. I can't imagine that a pack of Newports a day is any worse for you than sitting on the couch 24/7 waiting for a Biden check and eating macaroni and cheese you bought with your food stamps but...

"The FDA is about to crack down on menthol cigarettes | Popular Science" https://www.popsci.com/health/fda-menthol-ban-cigarettes/

WSS

It's meant to discriminate against the blacks.   (At least that's what some liberals think).  

Just now, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

It's meant to discriminate against the blacks.   (At least that's what some liberals think).  

I have heard things similar to that and I know who's big on smoking Kool and Newports, on the other hand 30 plus years ago when I used to smoke I smoke menthol cigarettes. Originally camel filters but I did switch to True menthol.

WSS

When I was a  kid, my cousin and I used to go hang out in a private apple orchard, eating an apple, watching cars go by, people go by. One day, he stole two cigarettes from his parents, a nearly empty package, they were Winstons, I think....and brought them. So, I tried one of them. One inhale, I gagged, and decided it was a stupid habit. Never smoked again. At least on until I had lunch in a student union.....

• Haha 1