THE BROWNS BOARD

The Two Cleanest Coaches in CFB Have Friendly Conversation on Ethics

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/33942494/alabama-football-coach-nick-saban-says-texas-bought-every-player-questions-whether-current-nil-model-sustainable

"I mean, we were second in recruiting last year," Saban told the audience. "A&M was first. A&M bought every player on their team -- made a deal for name, image, likeness. We didn't buy one player, all right? But I don't know if we're gonna be able to sustain that in the future because more and more people are doing it. It's tough."

First, Saban is a hypocritical sleazeball. Any passing glance at Bama recruiting makes it clear they were cheating and paying ayers. 

That being said, A$M absolutely paid for that class. Absolutely. It can just be legal through NIL now 

You need more of the good, decent guys to step up and set an example for younger coaches and players....and fans.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

You need more of the good, decent guys to step up and set an example for younger coaches and players....and fans.

" I think players should be able to profit off of their name, image and likeness. But I don’t want to lose what Michigan is, and it’s a transformational experience, not a transactional experience. But with the NIL, it can become transactional. We’re not going to recruit players and be promising them money to come here. "

Deion Sanders:

"Nick Saban wasn’t talking to Jimbo Fisher and me, Saban was talking to his boosters" 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/19/deion-sanders-nick-saban-wasnt-talking-to-jimbo-fisher-and-me-saban-was-talking-to-his-boosters/

The Crotchety old coach's Bowl, airs on OCT 8th 2022.. A&M at Bama... Join Dabo and others, in marking your calendars 🥊  

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Deion Sanders:

"Nick Saban wasn’t talking to Jimbo Fisher and me, Saban was talking to his boosters" 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/19/deion-sanders-nick-saban-wasnt-talking-to-jimbo-fisher-and-me-saban-was-talking-to-his-boosters/

The Crotchety old coach's Bowl, airs on OCT 8th 2022.. A&M at Bama... Join Dabo and others, in marking your calendars 🥊  

Deion is right. It's always been a bidding war down South. Saban just isn't use to losing. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really don’t like this era of college football...

Ryan Day is the first major coach to openly speak about the going rate for elite talent.
Per Ryan Day:
Top Tier QB's require $2M in NIL
Elite Edge Rusher require $1M
Top Offensive Tackles require $1M
Day said, "if you're not in the game when the players ask.. you're done".

17 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I really don’t like this era of college football...

Ryan Day is the first major coach to openly speak about the going rate for elite talent.
Per Ryan Day:
Top Tier QB's require $2M in NIL
Elite Edge Rusher require $1M
Top Offensive Tackles require $1M
Day said, "if you're not in the game when the players ask.. you're done".

Athletes are being compensated based on the value they bring to a program (honestly probably still underpaid too)

Didn’t this beef between Saban and Jimbo all start when Saban said something at a FUNDRAISER?  

• 3 months later...
On 5/19/2022 at 2:47 PM, MLD Woody said:

First, Saban is a hypocritical sleazeball. Any passing glance at Bama recruiting makes it clear they were cheating and paying ayers. 

That being said, A$M absolutely paid for that class. Absolutely. It can just be legal through NIL now 

You and I agree on something here... I lost total respect for Saban when on Christmas Day he got the entire sports media away from their families just to tell them he was taking the Dolphins job as their HC then subsequently quit on them... He's an arrogant tool...

• 3 weeks later...