THE BROWNS BOARD

Basement house

https://fox8.com/news/for-sale-basement-house-zillow-listing-goes-viral/

As a child in rural Carroll County Ohio there was a kid we knew that lived in one of these. We went to his house for lunch one time and Mom made us mustard sandwiches. I guess when you get older you realize things that you don't need to realize but we thought at the time it was pretty cool because, as Ernie explained to us, if there was a tornado they'd be in good shape.

WSS

• Upvote 1

It also shows how much many people who want first time houses are getting locked out of the market. 

AND any house can be a home especially when you are young.

I grew up in a house that my grandfather built which started out before it had gas and I believe electricity.  It was a basement with a fruit cellar and two rooms above.  Then well before I came along in 1950 added a kitchen and bathroom (no outhouse anymore).  Even later as the family grew added an upstairs with 3 small bedrooms. ...and always had almost 5 really good acres to garden and had fruit trees.

When my dad took over the house with my grandfather his family rapidly grew with 5 boys and the need for a new house in 1962. After framing we basically built it in the next year even with my dad working at US Steel.   Pure work ethic.

And be it so humble there's no place like home......wherever it shall be.