THE BROWNS BOARD

President's speech calling for assault weapons ban sparks alarm on Twitter: ‘Biden wants to disarm Americans’

Vambo

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Anyone?

This is what the gun group here wants to keep legal, correct?

Just want to make sure I'm in the same page with your definitions

it is not the gun, it is the extension to 100 rounds.

go ahead, make that illegal, I'm good with that.

but drug cartels will just buy some black market rifles.

see, they don't abide by the law. Neither do gangs.

or terrorists.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

The M16A4—the standard infantry weapon of the U.S. Marine Corps since 2003—weighs less than 3.3 kg (just over 7 pounds) unloaded. It measures 100 cm (39 inches) long, has a 20-round or 30-round magazine, and fires 5.56-mm (. 223-calibre) ammunition at a rate of 700–950 rounds per minute.

Great... there ya have it...  the easily converted semi auto AR 15 can be converted to full auto by anyone with the skill level of a baboon and Internet access for about $20-30 bucks. However, AFAIK, there aren't any 700 round magazines currently available for that weapon.  Now if Mr. Rambo in the YouTube Woody posted happened to have a 700 round magazine, well golly gee, he could ONLY have gotten off maybe 250 rounds in a minute.  

Furthermore, you Rambo wannabees had better realize you're not discussing weaponry with someone who's a LaLa land left wing liberal whos never been around guns in their entire life. Oh.. Ahh...  950 rounds a minute?  No hand held weapon can come close to that theoretical rate.  And you should know the full auto military versions are usually set in three shot bursts to not waste ammo.  Got your Vulcan cannon in your back yard that can spew out ammo  at 6,000 rounds per minute?   :D  :D  :D    Didn't think so, but a few guys who cream their pants seeing drum magazines getting fired sure wish they had one... Just for "self defense" of course....  

I'm not gonna respond to the delusional idgit who thinks I don't know the difference between .22 LR ammo and .223 that's what's (hopefully)  about to be banned. If it's a "sporting" rifle. By Steve's NRA approved whitewash... Then why do you need a 30 round banana clip, and where's the attached scope for shooting coyotes at 300 yards?  If that's where you get your jollies off on, shit... Use a .300 Winchester magnum instead and blow the critter in half.   

47 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Great... there ya have it...  the easily converted semi auto AR 15 can be converted to full auto by anyone with the skill level of a baboon and Internet access for about $20-30 bucks. However, AFAIK, there aren't any 700 round magazines currently available for that weapon.  Now if Mr. Rambo in the YouTube Woody posted happened to have a 700 round magazine, well golly gee, he could ONLY have gotten off maybe 250 rounds in a minute.  

Furthermore, you Rambo wannabees had better realize you're not discussing weaponry with someone who's a LaLa land left wing liberal whos never been around guns in their entire life. Oh.. Ahh...  950 rounds a minute?  No hand held weapon can come close to that theoretical rate.  And you should know the full auto military versions are usually set in three shot bursts to not waste ammo.  Got your Vulcan cannon in your back yard that can spew out ammo  at 6,000 rounds per minute?   :D  :D  :D    Didn't think so, but a few guys who cream their pants seeing drum magazines getting fired sure wish they had one... Just for "self defense" of course....  

I'm not gonna respond to the delusional idgit who thinks I don't know the difference between .22 LR ammo and .223 that's what's (hopefully)  about to be banned. If it's a "sporting" rifle. By Steve's NRA approved whitewash... Then why do you need a 30 round banana clip, and where's the attached scope for shooting coyotes at 300 yards?  If that's where you get your jollies off on, shit... Use a .300 Winchester magnum instead and blow the critter in half.   

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

I qualified in this, the M16A1 (which is what they had), 50 cal, .45 cal, .38 cal, 20 gauge and claymore mines.  Also the Redeye Missile (now the stinger).

9 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

it is not the gun, it is the extension to 100 rounds.

go ahead, make that illegal, I'm good with that.

but drug cartels will just buy some black market rifles.

see, they don't abide by the law. Neither do gangs.

or terrorists.

Ignore the 100 round extension

That gun is shooting semi auto, correct? That is what you're saying should be legal?

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Something that looks scary. I believe the actual definition is an automatic rifle. I made a separate post about the difference between an AR-15 and an assault weapon.

People are stupid.

WSS

Sure, people are stupid

But this also seems like a purposeful argument over semantics pushed by the right / gun enthusiasts

Left wants to ban assault weapons

Right defines assault weapon as automatic

Right points out mass shooting (or otherwise) gun is semi auto

Right says Dems don't know what's assault weapon even is and that their ban won't do anything

Rinse and repeat

That's why I posted a video of a semi auto AR so we could get on the same page. The same video basically no one has responded to or answered my direct question from. Cal just dancing around it. 

arguing over the definition of assault weapon is being done on purpose, to pull from any actual meaningful debate and to insulate us from real gun reform

40 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Sure, people are stupid

But this also seems like a purposeful argument over semantics pushed by the right / gun enthusiasts

Left wants to ban assault weapons

Right defines assault weapon as automatic

Right points out mass shooting (or otherwise) gun is semi auto

Right says Dems don't know what's assault weapon even is and that their ban won't do anything

Rinse and repeat

That's why I posted a video of a semi auto AR so we could get on the same page. The same video basically no one has responded to or answered my direct question from. Cal just dancing around it. 

arguing over the definition of assault weapon is being done on purpose, to pull from any actual meaningful debate and to insulate us from real gun reform

Well of course you're wrong again. The definition of assault weapon is the definition of an assault weapon. Because the term scares people. What you really want is to ban semi-automatic weapon leaving nothing but single-shot bolt-action or maybe revolvers. If that's what you want just say so. But it's popular whether it's meaningful or not. Classical definition of straw man. We spend a lot of time bickering about tiny facets of wedge issues.

WSS

34 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Well of course you're wrong again. The definition of assault weapon is the definition of an assault weapon. Because the term scares people. What you really want is to ban semi-automatic weapon leaving nothing but single-shot bolt-action or maybe revolvers. If that's what you want just say so. But it's popular whether it's meaningful or not. Classical definition of straw man. We spend a lot of time bickering about tiny facets of wedge issues.

WSS

That last sentence, that's the point. It's just being driven by the opposite side you think it was. Because if it wasn't we'd have to actually talk more directly about guns in this country, and that would clearly be bad for the pro game b crowd. That's why we hear them calling for Jesus, doors, etc... Everything but guns

And yeah, I'm fine saying I'd like to ban semi auto weapons. Again, I posted a video of an AR shooting semi auto. Extended rounds or not, are we really saying the average citizen needs that firepower? 

Also, why even have the term assault weapon if assault just means automatic? Honest question 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

That last sentence, that's the point. It's just being driven by the opposite side you think it was. Because if it wasn't we'd have to actually talk more directly about guns in this country, and that would clearly be bad for the pro game b crowd. That's why we hear them calling for Jesus, doors, etc... Everything but guns

And yeah, I'm fine saying I'd like to ban semi auto weapons. Again, I posted a video of an AR shooting semi auto. Extended rounds or not, are we really saying the average citizen needs that firepower? 

Also, why even have the term assault weapon if assault just means automatic? Honest question 

How do you ban assault weapons from criminals?

That is what we haven't heard...like Chicago some of the strictest gun laws out there but more people shot than almost any other place.

• Upvote 1

On 6/6/2022 at 7:25 AM, MLD Woody said:

Ignore the 100 round extension

That gun is shooting semi auto, correct? That is what you're saying should be legal?

of course. Have you EVER shot a gun? The function of semi-automatic is simple. Flip the safety off, pull trigger twice, shoots twice. If I hunt wild boar because they are a serious menace, would YOU want to only have one shot? If a parent has a family member being attacked by a grizzly in Montana or Alaska, would YOU want only a single shot .22 to save them with, because the leftwing gov says 9mm and anything else bigger is "scary" and more than one shot is "scary" ???

The political rationalizations are staggering. The rambo slurs, like you know who slurred, are just in-your-face stupid ass garbage.

Seriously, stop and think - 180 million people are perfectly safe when they own guns, and ten people who are mentally ill and enraged commit horrific crimes - why blame and persecute the 179, 999,990 gun owners?

I'd say the reason is simple - the left wants to have a giant ultimate? win politically over who they deem as political opponents.

A gun is a tool. The jingoistic slogans do not help solve any problem. Guns are designed to shoot bullets. Period. NOT to "kill people". How the tool is used - defending against aggression by people or animals or reptiles, hunting (ever watch "Swamp People" ?

Jingoistic slogans, ignorance, belligerent stupid-ass slurs, etc never solve any problem.

The reason is that it sounds frightening. And makes it easier for you people to go after guns in general. You could plainly see for my other post that AR doesn't even stand for assault rifle. But it doesn't matter because the Liberals and the fake news have inserted the term into the American lexicon whether it's meaningful or not. (not unlike  "hate crime) No doubt someone will pass a bill to ban 'assault weapons' which will mean nothing and you can have your Victory lap.

Here's another article for you to ignore but if you choose to look at it for a second tell me what's the difference between these hunting rifles and assault weapons. Remember also that in Ohio The Legal magazine limit is 30 rounds. I'm guessing that will be the thin end of the wedge.

"9 Accurate Semi-Automatic Hunting Rifles – Backfire" https://backfire.tv/9-accurate-semi-automatic-rifles/

WSS

• Upvote 1

Stacey Abrams group increased anti-police funding after she joined its board

31 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

The reason is that it sounds frightening. And makes it easier for you people to go after guns in general. You could plainly see for my other post that AR doesn't even stand for assault rifle. But it doesn't matter because the Liberals and the fake news have inserted the term into the American lexicon whether it's meaningful or not. (not unlike  "hate crime) No doubt someone will pass a bill to ban 'assault weapons' which will mean nothing and you can have your Victory lap.

Here's another article for you to ignore but if you choose to look at it for a second tell me what's the difference between these hunting rifles and assault weapons. Remember also that in Ohio The Legal magazine limit is 30 rounds. I'm guessing that will be the thin end of the wedge.

"9 Accurate Semi-Automatic Hunting Rifles – Backfire" https://backfire.tv/9-accurate-semi-automatic-rifles/

WSS

It's amazing that you can be so wrong about so many things in just one post

So liberals created the term assault weapon because it sounded frightening? Then why would you and others that are pro gun say it means automatic? In your view the gun people didn't even create the term in the first place. You need to pick a Story and stick with it there 

I've never said AR stands for assault rifle 

The only "victory" there would be the smallest of steps towards solving our gun violence issue. But you're right in that it wouldn't accomplish much is "assault" means automatic or some of floating definition that allows the ban to be as inconsequential as possible.

25 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It's amazing that you can be so wrong about so many things in just one post

So liberals created the term assault weapon because it sounded frightening? Then why would you and others that are pro gun say it means automatic? In your view the gun people didn't even create the term in the first place. You need to pick a Story and stick with it there 

I've never said AR stands for assault rifle 

The only "victory" there would be the smallest of steps towards solving our gun violence issue. But you're right in that it wouldn't accomplish much is "assault" means automatic or some of floating definition that allows the ban to be as inconsequential as possible.

God will you quit whining?! People like you are stupid and don't know the difference between what you have termed an assault rifle and a hunting rifle. So no doubt you'll get some sort of legislation against the scary looking version. Then you could dance Errata rainbow flag telling each other how much safer you've made the world.

Beyond that your argument is nonsense some sort of a hybrid of stupidity and stubbornness.

I think you should go to the hardware store and figure out which axes are assault axes and which ones are for cutting down trees.

"Most Popular Handguns in America - The Gun Source" https://www.thegunsource.com/most-popular-handguns-in-america/

I think after being proved wrong so often it's time for you to puss out of the conversation but why don't you give me your definition of assault weapon.

WSS

Saw a liberal article on n p r tried to ease people's minds about taking away their weapons saying that most handguns are not assault weapons because assalt weapons are semi-automatic. An obviously why but that's what I expect from the Liberals.

Here are the most popular handguns in America. Only two of them are revolvers.

"Most Popular Handguns in America - The Gun Source" https://www.thegunsource.com/most-popular-handguns-in-america/

WSS

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Saw a liberal article on n p r tried to ease people's minds about taking away their weapons saying that most handguns are not assault weapons because assalt weapons are semi-automatic. An obviously why but that's what I expect from the Liberals.

Here are the most popular handguns in America. Only two of them are revolvers.

WSS

And more people who have never fired a gun not knowing what they're talking about.  So for those who are deflecting on what the difference between a hunting rifle and a military style weapon are..  Hunting rifle...  

.300 Winchester Magnum Swift Scirocco and Hornady Ammunition

Assault rifle.  Don't start with your "they look scary" bullshit either.  The key is how much ammo they can hold, and how fast can you fire them (or reload them).... Like Rambo junior squeezing off 100 rounds in a SEMI automatic AR-15 in about 25 seconds.   

image.jpeg.5e18294c34df2e0caf1025b50f4bb010.jpeg

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

And more people who have never fired a gun not knowing what they're talking about.  So for those who are deflecting on what the difference between a hunting rifle and a military style weapon are..  Hunting rifle...  

.300 Winchester Magnum Swift Scirocco and Hornady Ammunition

Assault rifle.  Don't start with your "they look scary" bullshit either.  The key is how much ammo they can hold, and how fast can you fire them (or reload them).... Like Rambo junior squeezing off 100 rounds in a SEMI automatic AR-15 in about 25 seconds.   

image.jpeg.5e18294c34df2e0caf1025b50f4bb010.jpeg

Again spare me your hundred rounds Fairy Tail. The limit in Ohio is 30. But I know assault really sounds scary, the only reason you guys are freaking out over them. You can go to Dick's Sporting Goods and buy a semi-automatic hunting rifle. Of the dozen or so most popular handguns in America only two are revolvers. Meaning? You guessed it. Semi-automatic. Now if you think all semi-automatic weapons need to be outlawed and branded as assault weapons...

also spare me the what do you need XXX for argument? You don't need a red guitar you don't need a gun of any kind you don't need to go hunting. There are grocery stores and even under Biden I expect you have enough money to buy some meat.

WSS

lefties do not NEED a car. or electricity. or hot showers. they don't need tools. (probably cause they don't know how to use them). They don't even need science, or truth about anything. How they FEEELLLLLL determines their fake stances on matters.

There are NO ASSAULT GUNS on American markets. Like the socialist kid who hates gun owners, but wants a gun to protect HIMSELF.

right. Because he FEELS he wants to be safe and protected. He doesn't FEEL concern about other people who want to protect themselves.

on and on it goes. A million children are aborted, they laugh about it. But one violent shooting by a criminal, and they rant and pretend that all AR-15 owners are going to assault America.

just....they have too much fun and social media attention for being so ignorant.

one guy pushing the limits for fun is not 180 million - 200 million? gun owners. Hate to break it to the left, but they slur on the slightest and dumbest criteria.

lefties for social media fame should go read up on the World Trade Center bombing. 168 people were murdered by a bomb.

read up on McVeigh. you all couldn't care less about 168 people who died.

because it doesn't get a middle finger to conservatives for fun and social media profit.

a semi-auto .22 shoots as fast as any other semi-auto. Make modifications to shoot super fast illegal.

Won't stop murderers.

Banning AR-15s is really STUPID, intentionally so, apparently - because the vast majority of these murders do not use an AR-15.

and YES, lefties parrot the AR-15 being an "assault weapon" because other ignorant people thought the AR stood for that. It does NOT. Look it up, and STFU about it, please.

And, yes, I have spoken to people about it, and again and again, they refer to the AR-15 LOOKING like the machine gun option of the military version.

which, is NOT SOLD in America.

Make any custom modification of trigger/shot speeds illegal all you want. But the left doesn't want that. It wouldn't be the huge political hit they want.

proof? look at Schumer stopping the school security bill by republicans.

It's all dirty corrupt politics, and like the social media fake anti-gun parrots, they are not really serious about actually solving the problem.

but if the left could just "get" AR-15s, it would be a huge political win and then they will be onto all semi-autos, and just like biden actually said - all 9mm pistols. asswholes. This is AMERICA. You don't like it, you know what you are free to do.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

of course. Have you EVER shot a gun? The function of semi-automatic is simple. Flip the safety off, pull trigger twice, shoots twice. If I hunt wild boar because they are a serious menace, would YOU want to only have one shot? If a parent has a family member being attacked by a grizzly in Montana or Alaska, would YOU want only a single shot .22 to save them with, because the leftwing gov says 9mm and anything else bigger is "scary" and more than one shot is "scary" ???

The political rationalizations are staggering. The rambo slurs, like whoorta slurred, are just in-your-face stupid ass garbage.

Seriously, stop and think - 180 million people are perfectly safe when they own guns, and ten people who are mentally ill and enraged commit horrific crimes - why blame and persecute the 179, 999,990 gun owners?

I'd say the reason is simple - the left wants to have a giant ultimate? win politically over who they deem as political opponents.

A gun is a tool. The jingoistic slogans do not help solve any problem. Guns are designed to shoot bullets. Period. NOT to "kill people". How the tool is used - defending against aggression by people or animals or reptiles, hunting (ever watch "Swamp People" ?

Jingoistic slogans, ignorance, belligerent stupid-ass slurs, etc never solve any problem.

The "I need it to protect myself from wild boar" meme being used in earnest is hilarious.

Why do you need to own a semi auto weapon? - "Grizzly bears!"

I know you and the gun crowd see this as, somehow, a perfectly legitimate response. But that's hilarious/insane. 

Your numbers are the actual fake news cal, but I know it feels right to you, so you believe it. We have worse gun violence than any other developed country, why? What dumbass answer are you going to provide?

"Guns are designed to shoot bullets, not kill people"

Oh Christ. Give me a fucking break cal. What do you think those bullets are meant to do? A gun exists to kill (injury) things. End of story. 

The last thing you'd ever want to do is actually solve a problem. If you aren't affected directly by something then in your mind it's not a problem 

Steve you've taken this "debate" to such a disingenuous place it is getting completely pointless. 

You're just ranting and throwing a tantrum about libs saying something is scary while completely ignoring anything else. You're throwing words in people's mouths and stopped caring about what is being said posts ago. 

If you've stopped trying to address any points being made in the thread, and instead are choosing to just keep shouting the same bullshit, then it's clear we're way past the point there's remotely any value in this at all.

I don't see how anyone could think that someone on a whim should be able to go buy the gun I posted a video of, extended rounds or not, all while having barely any checks. That's nuts. 

Why do you need to be able to shoot thirty rounds rapidly? Wild boars and grizzlies? Fuck off. To protect your home? From what? In what fantasy world is that necessary? 

There's a reason why there was just silence from the right in here after posting that video. It's clearly excessive.

But we can cling to our braindead America exceptionalism gun nut culture and continue to have excessive amount of gun violence. All while none of you  attempt to do anything about it until you're personally affected.

In the meantime go post about needing more Jesus, or more doors, or some other nonsense. Anything but guns

Fucking exhausting. Fucking insane. 

I realize I'm at fault here. This is playing chess with a pigeon. You'll come back and strut around like you won after shitting all over the place and not knowing the rules. But really, I'm the one trying to play chess with the pigeon. I am at fault as well. 

• Thanks 1

Steve you've taken this "debate" to such a disingenuous place it is getting completely pointless. 

Why do you need to be able to shoot thirty rounds rapidly? Wild boars and grizzlies? Fuck off. To protect your home? From what? In what fantasy world is that necessary? 

School shooter nut job types, the one the liberal DA's don't prosecute.

14 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

The "I need it to protect myself from wild boar" meme being used in earnest is hilarious.

Why do you need to own a semi auto weapon? - "Grizzly bears!"

I know you and the gun crowd see this as, somehow, a perfectly legitimate response. But that's hilarious/insane. 

Your numbers are the actual fake news cal, but I know it feels right to you, so you believe it. We have worse gun violence than any other developed country, why? What dumbass answer are you going to provide?

"Guns are designed to shoot bullets, not kill people"

Oh Christ. Give me a fucking break cal. What do you think those bullets are meant to do? A gun exists to kill (injury) things. End of story. 

The last thing you'd ever want to do is actually solve a problem. If you aren't affected directly by something then in your mind it's not a problem 

it's just a hypothetical question - typical you resorts to personal insults to run and hide from those because you are afraid to answer.

Your "smart-ass-ness" doesn't make you look smart, but I don't think you will ever understand that.

About wild boar attacks:

These wild boar attacks show how unpredictable and vicious these animals can be. Some people think hunting boar is easy enough. What they don't realize is that wild boar are aggressive and vicious animals. These 10 boar attacks show just how ugly a boar hunt can get in a matter of seconds. Hunters have to be on high alert when hunting these ...

Woody, you have not lived enough life, experienced much at all, it seems.

About grizzly attacks:
Jul 6, 2021A grizzly bear attacked and killed a person at a western Montana campground early on Tuesday, the Powell county sheriff said. The attack happened between 4am and 5am in the area of Ovando, a town ...

so, woody, I am asking you a legit question. If it was YOU visiting a friend who was camping, and your friend was attacked by that grizzly, WOULD YOU WANT A SEMI AUTO RIFLE or would you pick a single shot .22?

Running and hiding from genuine questions about life, because you haven't lived it - doesn't make you correct about anything.