THE BROWNS BOARD

The true heros of the 21st century say...

htownbrown

However many countries require you to test negative within 24 to 48 hours of arrival from other countries like the US. If you test positive you might spend your entire time in a quarantine hotel at your own expense. We have found it's a good idea to take a test just prior to leaving. We did that last fall for a trip to England and plan to get another booster in early October and test a couple of days before a trip to Italy in Nov. Took out insurance for the flight that specifically allows cancellation without cost if we come up positive.

15 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

However many countries require you to test negative within 24 to 48 hours of arrival from other countries like the US. If you test positive you might spent your entire time in a quarantine hotel at your own expense. We have found it's a good idea to take a test just prior to leaving. We did that last fall for a trip to England and plan to get another booster in early October and test a couple of days before a trip to Italy in Nov. Took out insurance for the flight that specifically allows cancellation without cost if we come up positive.

No doubt there are lots of places in the world worse than the United States even at our present diminished status. 

Closing that Gap shouldn't be anybody's goal. But ...

WSS 

2 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

I think I'm done with the boosters.  Had three shots already.  I'm eligible for the 4th but not planning on getting it.

Up to you but the data shows the effects wear off over time just like yearly flu shots wear off over time. My older brother and his wife had the 2nd booster in March and both contracted covid recently. Both had some pretty good symptoms they said they would not wish on anyone, started on the anti-viral med Paxlovid immediately and have now pretty much recovered with some remaining aftereffects that are slowly dissipating. Both have now tested negatively as of last week even though there are still residuals for now.