THE BROWNS BOARD

Football from the Old Dominion

Legacy Fan

Guest Aloysius

Some thoughts:

• - Alabama's
Rolando McClain was impressive last night (2.5 sacks), which will be completely forgotten because of his mini-Blount outburst, in which he laid a cheap shot on an o-lineman, then shoved a ref. I loved how the ref shoved him back, then threw the flag. If I were Saban, I'd suspend McClain's for next week's game; it's not like they'll need him to beat Florida International.

- VTech's Sergio Render did a nice job run blocking from his left guard spot. On one play, he managed to pancake Mountain Cody, which was quite a feat. That said, he didn't always look too hot pulling or trying to block at the second level, and there were some bad assignment breakdowns when Alabama blitzed. How he fares against Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh in two weeks will play a big role in determining his draft stock.

- VTech end Jason Worilds looked amazing. Finally playing with two healthy shoulders, Worilds displayed a great combination of speed and power rushing off the edge. He looks like a future top 15 pick and is athletic enough to play linebacker in a 3-4. He'd look good in a Browns uniform.

Some thoughts:
  • - Alabama's
Rolando McClain was impressive last night (2.5 sacks), which will be completely forgotten because of his mini-Blount outburst, in which he laid a cheap shot on an o-linemen, then shoved a ref. I loved how the ref shoved him back, then threw the flag. If I were Saban, I'd suspend McClain's for next week's game; it's not like they'll need him to beat Florida International.

- VTech's Sergio Render did a nice job run blocking from his left guard spot. On one play, he managed to pancake Mountain Cody, which was quite a feat. That said, he didn't always look too hot pulling or trying to block at the second level, and there were some bad assignment breakdowns when Alabama blitzed. How he fares against Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh in two weeks will play a big role in determining his draft stock.

- VTech end Jason Worilds looked amazing. Finally playing with two healthy shoulders, Worilds displayed a great combination of speed and power rushing off the edge. He looks like a future top 15 pick and is athletic enough to play linebacker in a 3-4. He'd look good in a Browns uniform.

Correction, they may need him to fight against Florida International.

Archived