THE BROWNS BOARD

Biggest jerks in sports

Glad Tiger Woods is on there. Never liked him, never will.

Big Ben was an ass to my niece in Pittsburgh, well before his rape accusations. She was a hostess at a fancy Pittsburgh restaurant, he always wanted preferential seating, demanded to be seated immediately & pass those waiting for a table. 

• Upvote 1

When I read the list two words popped up from the start character and class.  You either have it or you don't you can't fake it or buy it and a lot of it is in  your upbringing but most is how you carry yourself every day.   It's how you act when you think nobody is watching.   :)

NOW  think of every bad thing or situation you are in and see if it doesn't trace back to those two words.   (Like the current 2022 Cleveland Browns situation for just one ?]

And a few old names were there and all were deserving a spot.   A few current characters will eventually be there.  

You can play hard without playing dirty or nasty.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Glad Tiger Woods is on there. Never liked him, never will.

Big Ben was an ass to my niece in Pittsburgh, well before his rape accusations. She was a hostess at a fancy Pittsburgh restaurant, he always wanted preferential seating, demanded to be seated immediately & pass those waiting for a table. 

That's the biggest reason I hate LeBron james. His m o was to bring in his posse at closing time and make the restaurant stay open for hours while the fuckers ran the staff ragged abused the waitresses , especially according to today's definition, and left a $1 tip.

WSS

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

That's the biggest reason I hate LeBron james. His m o was to bring in his posse at closing time and make the restaurant stay open for hours while the fuckers ran the staff ragged abused the waitresses , especially according to today's definition, and left a $1 tip.

WSS

Yeah it's weird about LeBron. He's never really gotten into trouble, seems pretty charitable, but the rumors of cheapness are there. 

I'm glad he came back, and helped win the NBA title, but when he left again I soured. 

4 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Yeah it's weird about LeBron. He's never really gotten into trouble, seems pretty charitable, but the rumors of cheapness are there. 

I'm glad he came back, and helped win the NBA title, but when he left again I soured. 

Not so much the cheapness the over-the-top harassment of the female staff by him and his group of punks. And his charitable work is a joke nothing more than a tax write-off.

WSS

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2022 at 5:23 AM, nickers said:

And who can forget "Joey" Albert Bell... LOL

A true 100% mean head-case even around his fellow teammates, manager and staff......even his "*closest" teammates were afraid to say anything around him.  (If he had any   *"closest"  teammates at all, the guy was a ticking timebomb.)

I remember once Kenny Lofton (in a STO interview, i enjoyed those)  was talking about Albert in a TV interview and it was almost comedic but unfortunately true about dealing with him.

A great hitter.......ahhh, that's about it.

images (6).jpeg

Edited by mjp28
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

As far as biggest jerks....how about the Pittsburgh Steelers linemen Ernie Holmes who fired upon a police helicopter.   He died at 59.  He had a kid Sexton who was arrested for kidnapping and murder in a drug deal.  There are jerks and there are just bad people.   His case is just bad.

A few of the steelers D-line were bad dudes.....mean Joe Greene NOT one of them.   You never know. 

I did a little reading into Holmes a tragic story.  He died in a car crash at 59 speeding,  no seat belt.........

......Holmes played six seasons with the Steelers before being traded due to on-going weight problems in 1978 to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, where he failed to make the team coming out of preseason.[14] He played three games for the New England Patriots that season before retiring.  An 8th round Steelers draft pick. 

Holmes' number 63 was later issued to All-Pro center Dermontti Dawson. The number has since been taken out of circulation as being "unofficially retired" in honor of Dawson, who was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2012.........

Moved back to his hometown in Burkeville, Texas population 460. He died there.

●  Back to the jerks lineup. ●

Jimmy Haslam

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

It amazes me that the list didn't include the jerk of all jerks and even more amazing that no one here mentioned Johnny Manziel.

Hell, we could compile quite a list of jerks of our own just on the Browns...

Manziel, Hue Jackson, motorcycle stuntman and "soldja" Kellen Winslow Jr., Braylon Edwards, OBJ, Gerard Warren (goes to Plax Burriss party in Pitt and gets arrested),

Josh Gordon, Andre Rison, Art Modell...

Myles Garrett would not be considered a jerk but had his moment when using a helmet as a weapon then playing the race card to justify it. 

1 hour ago, syd said:

Randy Johnson kills a bird

One scary video of one scary 6' 11" LH pitcher.   :o

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

Jay Cutler got me thinking about this one….

Let me add Philip Rivers.  I’m shocked he wasn’t blindsided by a big ugly with all the mouthing off he did to guys much bigger than him.   

Josh Rosen is a little prick too...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Add Kyler Murray.  If the team needs to write in to the contract he needs to study 4 hours a week for games, the guy is a dipshit.

The most overrated POS in that draft...

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Add Kyler Murray.  If the team needs to write in to the contract he needs to study 4 hours a week for games, the guy is a dipshit.

Crazy for a professional athlete, because I do that in a week just because I love the game. 

The fact it has to be contractually obligated is a red flag I couldn't ignore if I were a GM.

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Crazy for a professional athlete, because I do that in a week just because I love the game. 

The fact it has to be contractually obligated is a red flag I couldn't ignore if I were a GM.

His Dad helped him become a quitter after his freshman year at A&M because they did not like the fact he had to actually compete with another freshman from Arizona, Kyle Allen (now with the Texans). Got no respect for either one of them. Sumlin didn't help much as their head coach because he kept wavering back and forth with them as starters that whole year.