THE BROWNS BOARD

Jurassic World domination review

Jurassic World Domination

Universal

PG-13.             146 min

Hey gang I'm not really a fan of the JURASSIC PARK series, never, have been and this one doesn't move the needle but they are hugely popular and to have many very respectable qualities. Also, I try to be open-minded about popular films; for instance I wasn't choked up by the original TOP GUN but TOP GUN MAVERICK is one of the best movies I've seen in a while. So, there's that.  This incarnation of the JURASSIC PARK series? Well, not so much. This one does what all the rest have done fairly well and that's why they've been successful. It's not the plot. it's not the acting it's mostly because these guys know how to create computer-generated dinosaurs like nobody's business. And kids love dinosaurs. Summer fare seems to include a few prequels and sequels and this one is the latter. It’s the same old story; greedy business people, scientists, military, pharmaceutical companies and whoever this year's corporate bad guys are whose ill-considered actions have unwittingly unleashed yet another outbreak of dinosaur violence upon the world. In this version it's time to get the old band back together and figure out how to save the world. The old band includes the aging heroes of days gone by including Laura Dern Sam Neill Jeff Goldblum among others. This time the hook is that some giant agrochemical company or other has developed a new line of genetically altered seeds. Someone has also mixed the DNA of the dinosaurs with the DNA of regular locust creating a monster species that is stripping the agricultural world to bare dirt.  Guess what? The only seeds that are immune to these big bad bugs are, you guessed it, the genetically altered seeds from the evil corporation. So as one would expect between this setup and the final solution which includes some sort of nonsense that kills the bugs the movie is pretty much action scenes and shots of dinosaurs as our heroes plow through the gigantic laboratory complex. It's not particularly boring but it's not particularly innovative either. But it is long so if you want to drop the kids off for 2 and 1/2 hours that might be your best bet.

C

WSS

On 7/2/2022 at 1:20 PM, Westside Steve said:

Jurassic World Domination

Universal

PG-13.             146 min

Hey gang I'm not really a fan of the JURASSIC PARK series, never, have been and this one doesn't move the needle but they are hugely popular and to have many very respectable qualities. Also, I try to be open-minded about popular films; for instance I wasn't choked up by the original TOP GUN but TOP GUN MAVERICK is one of the best movies I've seen in a while. So, there's that.  This incarnation of the JURASSIC PARK series? Well, not so much. This one does what all the rest have done fairly well and that's why they've been successful. It's not the plot. it's not the acting it's mostly because these guys know how to create computer-generated dinosaurs like nobody's business. And kids love dinosaurs. Summer fare seems to include a few prequels and sequels and this one is the latter. It’s the same old story; greedy business people, scientists, military, pharmaceutical companies and whoever this year's corporate bad guys are whose ill-considered actions have unwittingly unleashed yet another outbreak of dinosaur violence upon the world. In this version it's time to get the old band back together and figure out how to save the world. The old band includes the aging heroes of days gone by including Laura Dern Sam Neill Jeff Goldblum among others. This time the hook is that some giant agrochemical company or other has developed a new line of genetically altered seeds. Someone has also mixed the DNA of the dinosaurs with the DNA of regular locust creating a monster species that is stripping the agricultural world to bare dirt.  Guess what? The only seeds that are immune to these big bad bugs are, you guessed it, the genetically altered seeds from the evil corporation. So as one would expect between this setup and the final solution which includes some sort of nonsense that kills the bugs the movie is pretty much action scenes and shots of dinosaurs as our heroes plow through the gigantic laboratory complex. It's not particularly boring but it's not particularly innovative either. But it is long so if you want to drop the kids off for 2 and 1/2 hours that might be your best bet.

C

WSS

After the first one I saw enough... However... I know is there's some crack pot out there crazy enough to mess with mother nature... And frankly... That scares me...