THE BROWNS BOARD

HERO WITH HANDGUN Police praise armed 'good Samaritan' who neutralized gunman during deadly rampage at mall

Vambo

Yep, a 22 y.o. with a legal carry weapon killed him relatively quickly apparently since the shooter had several magazines with him. Sure sounds like an AR-15 type weapon to me.  But we'll see as further reporting develops.

https://apnews.com/article/indiana-mall-shooting-345348912b288dce656083b2422c2fde?user_email=c780a40b821957c690b8d305176df6c4ec80c0a431e9641419612d4c0fe6b57c&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=July18_MorningWire&utm_term=Morning Wire Subscribers

"Well it's about time !"     A good guy with a gun.....stopped a would be massacre.  A hero now with a gun.

Oh and the mall had a policy against guns, I guess the killer didn't read it.

---------------

Four people were dead, including the suspected shooter, after a man with a long gun entered a mall south of Indianapolis and opened fire, police said.

Two others were injured in the early evening attack at Greenwood Park Mall, Jim Ison, the police chief of Greenwood, Indiana, said at a Sunday night news conference. One remained hospitalized, he said. A 12-year-old girl with abrasions was treated and released.

Four of six people who were injured or killed were female, Ison said.

The shooter appeared to have been fatally shot by a 22-year-old "good Samaritan" who witnessed the attack and opened fire with a handgun with the intention of ending the assault, Ison said.

★ He praised the young man, identifying him only as being from Bartholomew County, south of the metro area.

★ "The real hero of the day was the Samaritan that was lawfully carrying a firearm who was able to stop the shooter almost as soon as it began," Ison said.

Greenwood Mayor Mark W. Myers also praised the “Good Samaritan” who stepped in, saying in a statement Sunday evening, “This person saved lives tonight.”

★ “On Behalf of the City of Greenwood, I am grateful for his quick action and heroism in this situation.”   

The shooter appeared to be at the mall with ill intentions, Ison said.    Really ?  LOL.

"It appears that he had a rifle with several magazines of ammunition, entered the food court, and began shooting," the chief said of the suspected gunman. -----> continued  ----->    every night at 6 and 11.

America is now in a nightly and weekly slaughtering ground.

● Outlaw extended capacity magazines. 

● Nobody under 21 or maybe 22 can buy an AR style rifle.

● More coherent and complete background checks......for a logical start.

Give us our 6 and 11 news back, now we just expect "nutjob with an AR "  almost every night.

- - Signed 60 year long gun (.22 to begin  then shotguns)  owner and user.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yep, a 22 y.o. with a legal carry weapon killed him relatively quickly apparently since the shooter had several magazines with him. Sure sounds like an AR-15 type weapon to me.  But we'll see as further reporting develops.

https://apnews.com/article/indiana-mall-shooting-345348912b288dce656083b2422c2fde?user_email=c780a40b821957c690b8d305176df6c4ec80c0a431e9641419612d4c0fe6b57c&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=July18_MorningWire&utm_term=Morning Wire Subscribers

I know little about guns. Of what significance is it that the gun used may be an AR-15?

1 hour ago, FY56 said:

I know little about guns. Of what significance is it that the gun used may be an AR-15?

Easy.  It's *one of if not the best and most effective military style killing machine out there.  You almost never see nutjob with shotgun enters......,pick one.....mall, school, church. 

And some fabulous killing ammunition out there, oh and 30+ round  magazines. .

* Oh same with some really nice 9 mm handguns with 17 +/- round magazines,  nice for backup.

Killing made easy.

Edited by mjp28

40 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Disagree, the AK47 is a better weapon.

Well AK AR both do basically the same thing.   I look at the AKs as a cheaper  "spray and pray" weapon used by insurgents  -or- military personnel around the 🌎  globe.

The AR-15 basically a non auto version of a full blown military rifle.  I'd take it for home defense or shooting up a mall.  Better ammo available too.  The choice of 18 yea4 old killers everywhere. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

What a low bar we've set where some are happy/content with an outcome where 4 people are dead and 2 more injured... 

Arming everyone isn't a solution. It's hardly a bandaid.

What is a woman?

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

What a low bar we've set where some are happy/content with an outcome where 4 people are dead and 2 more injured... 

Not so much happy/content as thankful  it wasn't 10, 20 maybe more families planning funerals.

We're the murder capitol of the world.  And arming everybody  NO  just those who are licensed,  tested, and want to carry.

Recent laws about carry are insane, NO testing, nothing.  BAD, BAD idea.  Guns are not toys.

11 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Dem-run city sees 11 separate shootings, stabbings hours after mayor vowed to ‘turn this crime thing around’

46 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Not so much happy/content as thankful  it wasn't 10, 20 maybe more families planning funerals.

We're the murder capitol of the world.  And arming everybody  NO  just those who are licensed,  tested, and want to carry.

Recent laws about carry are insane, NO testing, nothing.  BAD, BAD idea.  Guns are not toys.

Even crazier to think the majority of people agree with having more strict gun regulations, and yet nothing happens. Politics, corporations and lobbying carry more weight than the American people. 

At this point we're waiting for everyone to either care or to be personally affected by a mass shooting to force them to care. 

Even being thankful is worthless. We should be angry. We should be pushing for change. But nothing has happened and in the current state nothing will. Too many have made this part of their political identity. So now they can pretend they'll be some hero in a fictional situation, or somehow stop a tyrannical government attacking them, all while people keep dying. 

50 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Easy.  It's the best and most effective military style killing machine out there.  You almost never see nutjob with shotgun enters......,pick one.....mall, school, church. 

And some fabulous killing ammunition out there, oh and 30+ round  magazines. .

* Oh same with some really nice 9 mm handguns with 17 +/- round magazines,  nice for backup.

Killing made easy.

Ok Thanks.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Also being content over the 15 killed and 60 wounded over the 4th of July weekend just in Chicago alone.

Barely reported.

• Upvote 2

Russian citizens are allowed to own guns as well, but the laws appear to be stricter.

Self-defense is an important aspect of Russian law, and the constitution guarantees the right to defend one’s property. In order to be eligible to purchase a firearm, one must be over the age of 18 and pass extensive background checks; those who suffer from mental illness or have a history of substance abuse are disqualified. Background checks are particularly stringent in regard to the mental health of a buyer, and the Federal Assembly is even considering a law that would punish doctors who misdiagnose or provide inaccurate documentation for mentally ill patients attempting to purchase firearms.

So can this be why Russia has far less gun violence?  Doubt it.

Because most gun crime occurs in major American cities. To expand on this would not be politically correct and racist.

STAT
Russia
United States
HISTORY
Gun crime > Guns per 100 residents 8.9
Ranked 66th.
Ranked 1st. 10 times more than Russia

Intentional homicide rate 12
Ranked 21st. 3 times more than United States
Ranked 7th.

Murder rate 14,574
Ranked 5th. 12% more than United States
Ranked 9th.

Murder rate per million people 102.35
Ranked 30th. 2 times more than United States
Ranked 43th.

Murders 14,574
Ranked 5th. 12% more than United States
Ranked 9th.

Murders per million people 102.35
Ranked 30th. 2 times more than United States
Ranked 43th.

Rapes 4,907
Ranked 8th.
Ranked 1st. 17 times more than Russia

Rapes per million people 34.46
Ranked 37th.
Ranked 9th. 8 times more than Russia

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

America is now in a nightly and weekly slaughtering ground.

● Outlaw extended capacity magazines. 

● Nobody under 21 or maybe 22 can buy an AR style rifle.

● More coherent and complete background checks......for a logical start.

Give us our 6 and 11 news back, now we just expect "nutjob with an AR "  almost every night.

- - Signed 60 year long gun (.22 to begin  then shotguns)  owner and user.

1. I have no problem outlawing the externded mags. However, "extended" can be....five. THEN it's impossible to deal with.

and won't stop a pot brained young psychotic murderer. It's pretty quick to change magazines. The left redefines every word or phrase that gets in the way of their power over everything agenda.

2. Nobody under the age of 21/22.....I don't know. The killers in Colorado didn't buy their guns. They got access to the gun safe of one of their moms, I think.

3. More legit background checks - I'm good - except obaMao commie had a serious public education initative to wipe the slate clean of young people, and not hold them accountable. That was the case in Florida. Eveybody in school knew the kid was really screwed up. but...........no consequences.

What is missing all too often - is the symptoms of THC in pot - it is far more powerful than it used to be. Legalizing it made it a product to sell - stupid, stupid, stupid. Now, pot products have been developed that make it far worse than before. Psychosis systems in young people - look at THC.

Passing laws that only law abiding citizens adhere to....not going to fix anything.

Jul 11, 2021Cannabis is not legal in Colorado for people under 21, but prior to the bill's passage in late May, 18-year-olds could get state medical cards after a brief call with a doctor, allowing them to ...
Vaping a potent form of THC -- the intoxicating ingredient in pot -- prompted a psychotic episode last year in 24-year-old Madison McIntosh of Scottsdale, Ariz., according to USA Today. McIntosh ...
Oct 26, 2018Colorado has not experienced an increase in marijuana use among young people, although it was the single most common reason for school expulsions in the 2016-17 school year, the first year it was ...
Young Marijuana Users Face Psychosis Risk. June 18, 2018 -- Marijuana use directly increases the chance of psychosis in teens, new research suggests. A large study of teens shows that "in ...
Jun 28, 2021For the entire population twelve and older, Colorado's marijuana use has increased starkly since legalization, rising 30 percent to become third in the nation, 76 percent above the national average. Among college-age youth (20-25), past-month use is 50 percent higher than the average, while past-month use for ages 12-17 is 43 percent higher.
  • Upvote 1

This is bad on so many levels, I would not want my name to be associated with this. I would do what I was trained to do. Find a place to hide, lock the door, and call the police and wait for the shooting to stop. Only use my weapon if my life is at risk.

2 hours ago, Neo said:

This is bad on so many levels, I would not want my name to be associated with this. I would do what I was trained to do. Find a place to hide, lock the door, and call the police and wait for the shooting to stop. Only use my weapon if my life is at risk.

So if you are in a position to shoot an asshole who is killing people all around you, then you will just take care of yourself and everyone else can just die. You're right. That is just bad on so many levels.

EDIT: BTW who the fuck trained you to that?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So if you are in a position to shoot an asshole who is killing people all around you, then you will just take care of yourself and everyone else can just die. You're right. That is just bad on so many levels.

Joe Biden!:D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

As far as reliability goes yes.    If you're talking about the real AK's, not the copy cats.

I never had the chance to shoot a genuine AK47, but I fired a couple knock offs.

I have shot an AK74, and it was great weapon.

10 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If the guy isn't standing directly in front of me pointing his gun at me or somebody else then I'm not going to hunt him down, it's not my fucking job. I'm not John McClane fucking Die Hard. 

Yes it's bad on many levels, that our government can't come up with a solution to combat violence.

That ordinary people becoming the "hero" and becoming another shooter in an already fucked up situation

That we as Americans have to worry about getting shot at churches, schools, malls, pretty much anywhere

That a bunch of armed cops standing around in a hallway of a school while a gunman kills students

Now it's up to me to stop an armed gunman because the police can't? If he is not a direct threat to me or someone around me, I'm not getting involved. And who knows in this age potentially opening up the door to a lawsuit. This was pure luck and nothing else that this didn't go another direction, the "hero" could have accidentally killed a bystander. 

And yet a 22 year old with a pistol at some range did what 200 cops in Uvalve couldn't do......take out a bad guy. 

I wonder what gun he used ?  He might have been very good and had the shot.....or very lucky.   Good for him.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

or very lucky

This could have gone sideways in a hurry. People playing hero is not good. Our police departments don't seem to be good at doing anything anymore other than running speed traps with cameras and pissing people off.  

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

This could have gone sideways in a hurry. People playing hero is not good. Our police departments don't seem to be good at doing anything anymore other than running speed traps with cameras and pissing people off.  

You should move to Canada they have their shit together there!

5 hours ago, Neo said:

So you'd rather have your name associated with "the guy who had gun but hid in the closet waiting for the shooting to stop"?

Before reading your post I've always took for granted that those having the desire to walk around with guns were not afraid to use them.

4 hours ago, Neo said:

If the guy isn't standing directly in front of me pointing his gun at me or somebody else then I'm not going to hunt him down, it's not my fucking job. I'm not John McClane fucking Die Hard. 

Yes it's bad on many levels, that our government can't come up with a solution to combat violence.

That ordinary people becoming the "hero" and becoming another shooter in an already fucked up situation

That we as Americans have to worry about getting shot at churches, schools, malls, pretty much anywhere

That a bunch of armed cops standing around in a hallway of a school while a gunman kills students

Now it's up to me to stop an armed gunman because the police can't? If he is not a direct threat to me or someone around me, I'm not getting involved. And who knows in this age potentially opening up the door to a lawsuit. This was pure luck and nothing else that this didn't go another direction, the "hero" could have accidentally killed a bystander. 

You're more worried about the hero possibly shooting a bystander over the certainty of the gunman killing more people. That is your example of this incident "going sideways"?  Dear Lord.

True, police can't stop the gunman but only because in most cases damage has been done before they can arrive on the scene.

So yes, it's up to you. Don't act as though Ulvave is the norm to support your position.

Thirdly, and most importantly, it is not the job of the police to protect you or anyone.

The US Supreme Court has made it clear that law enforcement agencies are not required to provide protection to the citizens who are forced to pay the police for their "services."

You want to talk about lawsuits. Law enforcement agencies cannot be on the hook for every violent act committed by private citizens.

The police motto "To Serve and Protect" is a misnomer. They are not constitutionally obligated to do so.

So again, it's up to you if you have a gun.