THE BROWNS BOARD

no kidding

Westside Steve

22 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

We've been watching them on tv - the Cleveland Indians are starting to grow on me...

They are the youngest team in MLB by a huge 2 years to the next lowest Pittsburgh  but  the Pirates aren't very good  and the former Indians are fighting for a WC spot and also  the AL Central lead.   They are an exciting young team to watch not just the All-Star Jose Ramirez,, and manager Tito Francona is the best in the business.   His teams are notorious second half contenders.

SO  GO GUARDIANS 

........Well, if the numbers are to be believed, it’s possible that fans might not have taken kindly to the rebranding efforts.

Local TV ratings for the newly christened Guardians have dropped dramatically, with one report placing the number at -30%.

That’s the third biggest decline of any team in the league, with only the moribund Oakland Athletics and rapidly fading San Francisco Giants reporting worse numbers.

MLB ratings overall have been generally flat, with even the Baltimore Orioles seeing a slight increase to this point in the season.

The Guardians however, have seen their numbers fall precipitously.

It’s not just ratings; in person attendance is down significantly from previous years as well.

In 2019, the last fully pre-pandemic season, the team averaged 21,465 fans per game.

This year, so far, average attendance has fallen to 15,025-----> continued ------>

• 2 months later...

I will say this - we and friends love these bunch of guys. The Guardindians are a GREAT bunch of people - they are all likeable, high character players who are great role models for all the fans. And they are extremely talented - it's how they win. They love the game, and are a legit TEAM.

It apparently is not easy to get that to happen. Me, I don't even LIKE baseball. I can't imagine any game more boring than a no-hitter. lol.

But these players - we have gotten caught up in the excitement of this team  being excited about winning.

We don't support the name change. It's probably only a matter of time til the leftwing activists go to "war" over "Guardians" somehow.

maybe "guardians were overseeers of slaves in the cotton fields" or something.

of course, that is DUMB.

although, who would put it past them? You watch - it's only a matter of time. Maybe.

The guardians that came from the Gold Coast were from separate communities other than those of the rest of the slaves. Guardians could be male or female. One reason the use of guardians came about may be the result of an agreement between the Royal African Company and the slave traders. Slave ship captains understood the hazards of utilizing ...