THE BROWNS BOARD

For what it's worth

I count Audible as reading too. I keep up with monthly books with that and supplement with real ones as well. I have one room in my house that is a small library with real built in bookcases. My wife is always making me weed them out and donate them to the local recreation center where persons of all ages coming in for various sports or exercises can take them out for free.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I have Audible as well. Listen while doing mundane tasks. My Audible library is over 200 books now, but most are for entertainment. I get enough educational reading at work. Last book was Lies My Teacher Told Me. Took at break because it was so depressing. Not the history, but how my education about history was so sanitized even the college courses. They went out of their way to hide anything that made the US look bad and built up too many people as flawless heroes instead of just extraordinary people. 

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

Yeah I have Audible as well. Listen while doing mundane tasks. My Audible library is over 200 books now, but most are for entertainment. I get enough educational reading at work. Last book was Lies My Teacher Told Me. Took at break because it was so depressing. Not the history, but how my education about history was so sanitized even the college courses. They went out of their way to hide anything that made the US look bad and built up too many people as flawless heroes instead of just extraordinary people. 

Sorry to tell you, but it appears that book actually made you dumber.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Well you are aware that Stonewall Jackson was a superior hero right? Ole Blue Light was nicknamed that for how his blue eyes would start shining as he ran a battlefield.

Oh wait, that's Confederate History. My Bad.😂

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

Sorry you got triggered. Feel free to read the book. Author just goes over the popular high school US history textbooks over the last 20 years or so.  

"Triggered"?  LOL... so now we're gonna extend the meaning of "triggered" because you were insulted by a joke?

What we've come to know as being triggered as it relates to politics has been an angry, hostile reaction toward something you didn't like to hear, or was offended by. I was not offended by what you said. Being triggered requires no wit.  Discovering that you left yourself wide open for a joke does.

No doubt there are events omitted in history books that places this country and some of its people in a negative light, and there is nothing wrong learning about these events, as long as you are not swayed by the fact that this nation is and always has been the greatest on the planet ...reasons too numerous to list here.

Sadly, what's being taught today is just the opposite. Not exactly sure what your book describes but it may be the blueprint for the American classroom today.

America is rotten, illegitimately founded. It's the reason why third world nations exist. Those great Americans?  OMG they were slave owners!!!...blah, blah. Very little that is positive.

Maybe those indoctrinated into believing this is a horrible country will someday pick up a book and like you will be depressed reading about this countries goodness that they were never taught in school.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FY56 said:

"Triggered"?  LOL... so now we're gonna extend the meaning of "triggered" because you were insulted by a joke?

What we've come to know as being triggered as it relates to politics has been an angry, hostile reaction toward something you didn't like to hear, or was offended by. I was not offended by what you said. Being triggered requires no wit.  Discovering that you left yourself wide open for a joke does.

No doubt there are events omitted in history books that places this country and some of its people in a negative light, and there is nothing wrong learning about these events, as long as you are not swayed by the fact that this nation is and always has been the greatest on the planet ...reasons too numerous to list here.

Sadly, what's being taught today is just the opposite. Not exactly sure what your book describes but it may be the blueprint for the American classroom today.

America is rotten, illegitimately founded. It's the reason why third world nations exist. Those great Americans?  OMG they were slave owners!!!...blah, blah. Very little that is positive.

Maybe those indoctrinated into believing this is a horrible country will someday pick up a book and like you will be depressed reading about this countries goodness that they were never taught in school.

That summarizes your ignorance right there. Blind cheerleading. So were we the greatest on the planet during the civil war, post revolution, we were so great when "won" the war of 1812? The answer is no. I'm proud of my country and gave it 6+ years of my life, but there is always room for improvement. Cheering "this nation is and always has been the greatest on the planet" doesn't make it true. 

It's dated, but...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

That summarizes your ignorance right there. Blind cheerleading. So were we the greatest on the planet during the civil war, post revolution, we were so great when "won" the war of 1812? The answer is no. I'm proud of my country and gave it 6+ years of my life, but there is always room for improvement. Cheering "this nation is and always has been the greatest on the planet" doesn't make it true. 

It's dated, but...

I'm not surprised that clip gives you a boner.

I hear Priceline has some good deals on one way tickets out of the country. Good luck.

WSS

ps blind hatred is worse. When Michael Moore had his heart attack he didn't fly to Havana General. Etc etc

pps and that has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence/ book reading.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm not surprised that clip gives you a boner.

I hear Priceline has some good deals on one way tickets out of the country. Good luck.

WSS

ps blind hatred is worse. When Michael Moore had his heart attack he didn't fly to Havana General. Etc etc

pps and that has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence/ book reading.

Cult member cannot refute claim backed up by evidence. How did they respond?

a. Meme

b. Ad hominem attack

c. Link to rightwing nutjob "source"

d. #whataboutism

e. combination of a, b, c, or d

Always black or white for you cult members. If only you care more about your country than your cult.

5 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Cult member cannot refute claim backed up by evidence. How did they respond?

a. Meme

b. Ad hominem attack

c. Link to rightwing nutjob "source"

d. #whataboutism

Always black or white for you cult members. If only you care more about your country than your cult.

Cult member cccjwh cannot refute claim backed up by evidence. How did she respond?

a. Mommie  help make a list

b.  homo attack

c. Link to leftwing nutjob "source"

d. #groomerisms

23 hours ago, cccjwh said:

No, what has been exposed as ignorance is that gem right there.

No one is saying America is without fault, there is plenty of that, regardless, it still remains the greatest nation that ever existed.

You obviously are ignorant of the fact Americans are the most charitable, giving people in the world, and that our government is always the first to respond and largest contributor to national disasters around the world. Incidentally my wife and a team of doctors travelled to Columbia SA a couple years ago to perform free surgery on disfigured children paying their own way.

There is no "Italian Dream", or German Dream...there is only the American Dream. a waiting list of foreigners wanting to emigrate here LEGALLY for the opportunity of a better life this country affords them.

So, if this country is no longer great, why don't you ignorant fucksticks go to down to the border and warn the illegals that America is really not the place you want to be.

Since you made no mention, you are apparently ignorant of the fact that US involvement in WWII saved the world from Nazi Gemany, and because of US presence South Korea remains a sovereign nation not under Communist control.

You are ignorant of the fact that Industrial Revolution started in England and rapidly spread here. The spirit of entrepreneurship and American ingenuity gave rise to medical advances, the automobile industry, the steel industry, electronics, agriculture etc. that the rest of the world benefited from.

I could sit here and think of another dozen examples, but I've spent enough time wasted on you.

Tell yourself otherwise, but you are also ignorant of the fact that people have you on ignore because they don't deal in ignorance, nothing else.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, FY56 said:

No, what has been exposed as ignorance is that gem right there.

No one is saying America is without fault, there is plenty of that, regardless, it still remains the greatest nation that ever existed.

You obviously are ignorant of the fact Americans are the most charitable, giving people in the world, and that our government is always the first to respond and largest contributor to national disasters around the world. Incidentally my wife and a team of doctors travelled to Columbia SA a couple years ago to perform free surgery on disfigured children paying their own way.

There is no "Italian Dream", or German Dream...there is only the American Dream. a waiting list of foreigners wanting to emigrate here LEGALLY for the opportunity of a better life this country affords them.

So, if this country is no longer great, why don't you ignorant fucksticks go to down to the border and warn the illegals that America is really not the place you want to be.

Since you made no mention, you are apparently ignorant of the fact that US involvement in WWII saved the world from Nazi Gemany, and because of US presence South Korea remains a sovereign nation not under Communist control.

You are ignorant of the fact that Industrial Revolution started in England and rapidly spread here. The spirit of entrepreneurship and American ingenuity gave rise to medical advances, the automobile industry, the steel industry, electronics, agriculture etc. that the rest of the world benefited from.

I could sit here and think of another dozen examples, but I've spent enough time wasted on you.

Tell yourself otherwise, but you are also ignorant of the fact that people have you on ignore because they don't deal in ignorance, nothing else.

I'll quote it again. 

"this nation is and always has been the greatest on the planet"

This is an objectively false statement. If can't even admit that, then you might be in a cult. You can continue to build and burn your strawman. The rest of your rant has nothing to do with anything I said and doesn't represent me. 

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

I'll quote it again. 

"this nation is and always has been the greatest on the planet"

This is an objectively false statement. If can't even admit that, then you might be in a cult. You can continue to build and burn your strawman. The rest of your rant has nothing to do with anything I said and doesn't represent me. 

Brilliant.' You're going to cherry pick an opinion you disagree with and hang your hat on that.. after I rub your nose into all the reasons that help back up my opinion.

And didn't I tell you that America is by no means perfect and has had it's share of mistakes? Pay attention.

I feel like I'm debating a little kid here

10 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Brilliant.' You're going to cherry pick an opinion you disagree with and hang your hat on that.. after I rub your nose into all the reasons that help back up my opinion.

And didn't I tell you that America is by no means perfect and has had it's share of mistakes? Pay attention.

I feel like I'm debating a little kid here

Let me know when you can admit a mistake. I know trump humpers have fragile egos, not you will live, I promise.

5 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Let me know when you can admit a mistake. I know trump humpers have fragile egos, not you will live, I promise.

I admit you're a mistake.

Please do go with your "ad hominem" attack after all efforts to get through to you have failed.

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

It's really amazing that all trump humpers are incapable of admitting a mistake. It explains why they are still in the cult. Getting out would be admitting they were wrong.

We admit you were a mistake...

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

It's really amazing that all trump humpers are incapable of admitting a mistake. It explains why they are still in the cult. Getting out would be admitting they were wrong.

Your parents should admit YOU!... We're a mistake!