THE BROWNS BOARD

How bad will the calls be against the Browns this year? Scale 1-10. 1 great-10 horrific.

laiccm

My theory...A STRONG AZZ 9. The Watson situation combined with the usual ridiculousness......it's gonna be atrocious. Hopefully I'm very wrong.

To be fair, to me the refs usually call the Browns a weak 7 in comparison. (Raiders, Detroit & Bears the worst to Pats, Steelers & Greenbay the best)

Number you think?

I’m aiming low I’ll take a season where we don’t lose a game because of COVID.  (Jets 2020, Raiders 2021). We weren’t alone but almost though…I thought the Ravens lost the Division title because of it. 

I fully expect to have some calls go against and on the level of that PI call vs. the Chargers last season.  And then the non-call PI in the Packer game against us.

• Like 1

The thread should be called "How bad are the refs?" 

Even the Steelers got some egregious bad callas against them lately.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, laiccm said:

My theory...A STRONG AZZ 9. The Watson situation combined with the usual ridiculousness......it's gonna be atrocious. Hopefully I'm very wrong.

To be fair, to me the refs usually call the Browns a weak 7 in comparison. (Raiders, Detroit & Bears the worst to Pats, Steelers & Greenbay the best)

Number you think?

There's a memo from Tagliabue in the league office stating "Cleveland shouldn't have a team." I'll say 10 on the scale this year.

...and don't forget about all the lucky calls the Denver Broncos have had since the 70s, by far the darlings of Rozelle, Tagliabue, & Goodell. Yes, they get more calls than Pittsburgh.

• Upvote 1

• Browns at Panthers — Head Official Brad Rogers
  •  
  •                                                                                       Yrs                                         2021 crew                                           College Occupation
  • R 126 Brad Rogers 6   Lubbock Christian college professor
    U 124 Carl Paganelli 23 * Michigan State retired federal probation officer
    DJ 79 Kent Payne 19 * Nebraska Wesleyan agribusinessman
    LJ 87 Tom Eaton 3 * Central Florida fiscal manager
    FJ 50 Aaron Santi 8 * Southern Oregon middle school principal
    SJ 36 Anthony Jeffries 5 Corrente Alabama-Birmingham medical sales
    BJ 12 Greg Steed 20 * Howard computer systems analyst
    RO   Bob Hubbell 3 * Texas A&M steel sales
    RA   Durwood Manley 4 Kemp Lubbock Christian sales territory manager

Brad Rogers last season as a field judge (3 yrs.) resulted in a season opener tie at 21-21 with Pittsburgh in 2018..

Rogers than became a head referee his next 3 seasons.. The Browns have had a 3-0 record with Brad Rogers crews..

In calling those wins.. 5-7 infractions were called per game per team..

To the topic.. Some Head refs try to take over the show.. the yearly added rule changes won't help.. we'd hope to see the scale balance of 6-7 the 31 other teams see.. Per week, 3-5 calls are just totally weak.. it ain't just us 😇  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, laiccm said:

I saw that Monday nighter against The Bears and it was comical how bad they were for the Stoolers.

Yeah and they won that game.

the league has been pushing GB for years and last season it was disgusting how much love Herbert got…strange how we lose two close ones on terrible calls against those two teams. 

You could probably influence an NFL game more than any other contest with the subjective PI calls, The QB protection rules and holding calls…and then if all else fails…throw in taunting. Personally I find College football better because of what I mentioned above…I just unfortunately love watching the Browns 

• Upvote 2