THE BROWNS BOARD

Point Differentials by Half, Quarter

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius

Based on a quick look at the stats, we're actually +1 in net points during the first half of games this year, but we're -25 during the second half.

In my mind, there are three possible interpretations of this stat:

[*] It is significant. The explanation for it is that we don't have good depth; our starters play too much, and the team gets winded during the second half.[/*:m:3hgdkkmr]

[*] It is significant. The explanation for it is our coaching staff gets outsmarted by the opposing teams' staffs when halftime adjustments are made.[/*:m:3hgdkkmr]

In my view, there's another stat that suggests which interpretation is correct. In the third quarter alone, we are -30 in net points. That's not a statistical fluke created by the score tonight (+0 in third quarter tonight), so it suggests that we actually do have a problem in the second half.

Also, it suggests that the problem isn't poor depth. If that were the case, one would expect the differential to get even worse in the fourth quarter, when the opposite actually happens (+5 in fourth quarter).

Instead, it seems like our coaching staff just isn't good at making the necessary halftime adjustments. If that's the case, then Romeo bears most of the blame for these truly horrendous point differentials...and our lost season.

Did you notice the RBs didn't get jack shit in the 2nd half after nearly getting 100 yds in the 1st half?

That was because Denver put an extra guy in the box when it became obvious that Quinn will never attempt a deep ball.

It took them 1 half to figure out Quinn's weakness.

Guest Aloysius
Pretty much.

How about taking the penalty in the first half on 4th and 6 and giving Cutler another shot at the endzone? That would have been monumental.

RAC 'n ROLLS is just a horrible, horrible game day coach.

Maybe we should get rid of that guy...

Pretty much.

How about taking the penalty in the first half on 4th and 6 and giving Cutler another shot at the endzone? That would have been monumental.

RAC 'n ROLLS is just a horrible, horrible game day coach.

Maybe we should get rid of that guy...

Who is the genius that decides to only tease us with Harrison?

How I wouldn't love to coach this offense with Cribbs and Harrison at my disposal.

Guest Masters
The defense (or lack thereof) was the reason we lost.

no moreso than last week. were you expecting better?

McDonald got lit up by the ravens too.

Well, except for all those 3 and outs in the second half.

Archived