THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

The Great Zomboni has been writing this column now for 25 years, and the only thing that outnumbers opening day losses is the number of assistants I have gone through.

But I have only had one Ride-Or-Die Partner that embraced this little weekly piece so fervently.

About 10 -12 years ago, this guy showed up and started posting his predictions next to mine ... and had the audacity to actually keep score. I was like "get out of here, man, can't you see I have a little ruse going on?"

But this "Tour2ma" guy with The Ghoul avatar kept coming at me every week with his own predictions ... and I learned to like the pesky prognosticator.

So much so, that I invited him to Naples before the last game in Miami, and got to know him as a real genuine, and nice guy. I think he enjoyed that trip immensely, we all did until Cody Parkay's kick doinked off the goalpost in front of us so loud that it made your rectum shiver. Or maybe that was just me.

So as the Browns put their head-scratching, exhausting off-season behind them, and embark on the one thing we all love, and the reason we are all here ... actual CLEVELAND BROWNS FOOTBALL ... The Great Zomboni would like to come out from behind the curtain and dedicate the first TWITAFCN of our first Super Bowl winning season to my pesky buddy, Tour ... I love you, man!

Oh ... and we are bringing back Tour's favorite assistant ... Zelda, the curvy Russian minx.

6a763623514d9731ef2882c8c9ee09d5.jpg

Now let's go win a Damn Football Game!

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati, Sunday 1:00 PM

You know, with the Steelers' main villain gone, and after the Bungles run last year, it seems weird to be almost attracted to the Steelers as a likeable underdog in the one. Nah, just kidding. Fuck the Steelers and the Bungholes too ... but we'll take Trubisky's boys against the spread ... just to give their slow-witted fans some false hope going forward. BUNGLES 26 STILLERS 23

Baltimore at New York Jets, Sunday 1:00 PM

So four years after ripping the job out of his hands, Jacko still hasn't gotten paid and has to prove himself against Joe Flacco once more. Shouldn't be a problem. RATBIRDS 31 JETS 14

Cleveland at Carolina, Sunday 1:00 PM

Let's face it, it's surreal to be facing Baker in Week One. What a year it has been. You know, everyone has their own take on the Browns off-season, but here's what I say: I love the Cleveland Browns. It doesn't matter what the owner does. It doesn't even matter who the quarterback is. Because I support ALL 55 of those Browns that flew to Carolina and are going to don the Brown & Orange and play for the city of Cleveland and the names on both the front and backs of their jerseys. And I'll take our 55 over anyone elses: Myles, Chubb, Ward, Bitonio, Teller, Newsome, Hunt, Cooper, JOK, Johnson, Clowney, Njoku, etc. etc. etc. We built one hell of a team out of the ashes, and we're going into Carolina and taking no prisoners. The talking is over. Our guys are better than your guys. BROWNS 34 PANTHERS 10

TGZ

• Upvote 3

We are just "opening day scared" I suppose.

Browns have the better team. They should win unless they turn it over 3 times or do stupid stuff like throwing in their first 5 plays. 

Woof

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

We are just "opening day scared" I suppose.

Browns have the better team. They should win unless they turn it over 3 times or do stupid stuff like throwing in their first 5 plays. 

Woof

The Browns have plenty of talent - but don't underestimate the Panthers. They aren't last year's Panthers - they will be much better. Outside of how Baker plays, the clash between their new star rookie LT and Garrett - will be awesome.

But McAdoo will have some tricks up his sleeve to help out his LT - don't doubt it.

I think Baker plays great - he can throw the intermediate and long throws accurately (with more than one arm), and Bissett is known to have trouble with sideline and long throw accuracy.

Nick Chubb is awsome. McCaffrey is only outstanding. lol  Kareem Hunt is super tough running and is tough to stop.

Chubba Hubbard is tough running and is tough to stop.

Mebbe I think McCadoo gives the Browns the edge, along with Baker's accuracy and production.

Who knows - but an excited, emtional home team vs a team with a not as accurate qb.

The weak links for the Browns are stephanski, interior defensive line, wr's, and Bissett. The weak links for the Panthers are new oline, and secondary that had injuries last year.

I said to not underestimate McAdoo - but the Panther defense - mid defensive line - is better. The Panther defense was maybe? a top ten unit last season, until injuries.

I love the Browns- players. But the trade deserves the fo, berry, and ownership getting their heads slapped off their shoulders the first game.

Who has any idea? I'm guessing Panther's 30, Browns 23. The Browns' defense scores once, the Panther's defense scores twice on interceptions.

Or, maybe the opposite. LOL

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

The Browns have plenty of talent - but don't underestimate the Panthers. They aren't last year's Panthers - they will be much better. Outside of how Baker plays, the clash between their new star rookie LT and Garrett - will be awesome.

But McAdoo will have some tricks up his sleeve to help out his LT - don't doubt it.

I think Baker plays great - he can throw the intermediate and long throws accurately (with more than one arm), and Bissett is known to have trouble with sideline and long throw accuracy.

Nick Chubb is awsome. McCaffrey is only outstanding. lol  Kareem Hunt is super tough running and is tough to stop.

Chubba Hubbard is tough running and is tough to stop.

Mebbe I think McCadoo gives the Browns the edge, along with Baker's accuracy and production.

Who knows - but an excited, emtional home team vs a team with a not as accurate qb.

The weak links for the Browns are stephanski, interior defensive line, wr's, and Bissett. The weak links for the Panthers are new oline, and secondary that had injuries last year.

I said to not underestimate McAdoo - but the Panther defense - mid defensive line - is better. The Panther defense was maybe? a top ten unit last season, until injuries.

I love the Browns- players. But the trade deserves the fo, berry, and ownership getting their heads slapped off their shoulders the first game.

Who has any idea? I'm guessing Panther's 30, Browns 23. The Browns' defense scores once, the Panther's defense scores twice on interceptions.

Or, maybe the opposite. LOL

Suck my dick.

Signed,

Browns Fans Everywhere 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Not to sound like Butch Davis, but the Browns D was awesome except for 3 or 4 plays.

I'm not crazy about Brissett, but hey, a win is a win. He knows he can do better. If he does, well its playoff time.

• Upvote 1

Macadoodoo criminally underused his best weapon for a good portion of the game.  Had a couple splashy plays that resulted in secondary confusion not sure if it was the result of clever or well timed setup route concepts.

Th botched shotgun snap to a running back draw was a thing of beauty though. 

Happy we don’t see him again. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

Macadoodoo criminally underused his best weapon for a good portion of the game.  Had a couple splashy plays that resulted in secondary confusion not sure if it was the result of clever or well timed setup route concepts.

Th botched shotgun snap to a running back draw was a thing of beauty though. 

Happy we don’t see him again. 

It's true. McAdoo - the Panthers game plan sucked. I was hoping it was just a setup drive that first drive.

Nope.  Then later, they opened it up and won the game, til the last 8 seconds and the 58 yard FG with the referee making a very bad call, or the Panthers would have won.

3 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Not to sound like Butch Davis, but the Browns D was awesome except for 3 or 4 plays.

I'm not crazy about Brissett, but hey, a win is a win. He knows he can do better. If he does, well its playoff time.

Panthers oline was dismal for so much of the game. Have to be aggressive vs the Browns top 5? defense.

5 hours ago, Zombo said:

Suck my dick.

Signed,

Panther fans everywhere

The Panthers had the game won, til the FG was made possible by a very bad call.

Eat dirt. This kind of unwarranted crap has driven people to leave the forum.

Since you want a response -

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/

QB Baker Mayfield makes late charge, but Panthers still lose to Browns in season debut

"Mayfield’s final quarter against his former team was some of the best quarterback play coach Matt Rhule has gotten in his 34-game tenure with the Panthers.

"

Still, Mayfield’s debut went from nasty to very nice in a hurry. He ended up 16-for-27 for 235 yards, with one interception, one passing TD and one rushing TD. He also had five of his passes tipped and several bobbled snaps and was sacked four times.

"

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article265431751.html#storylink=cpy

Imagine how Baker would have done if the oline was as good as the Browns. (I SAID the Panthers oline played dismal....

Just sayin -

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Panthers oline was dismal for so much of the game. Have to be aggressive vs the Browns top 5? defense.

Baker, well we had him 4 years. I think the pass rush was his main concern, he hardly ever dropped snaps while here- what did he have, 4 fumbles?

Glad this game is over. Browns survived the test & media distractions.

On to the NYJets

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

It's true. McAdoo - the Panthers game plan sucked. I was hoping it was just a setup drive that first drive.

Nope.  Then later, they opened it up and won the game, til the last 8 seconds and the 58 yard FG with the referee making a very bad call, or the Panthers would have won.

I don’t even know what to say…the level of carnage we placed on both their offensive and defensive lines leads me to believe you have negligently forgotten the use of your gray matter in assessing this game. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

QB Baker Mayfield makes late charge, but Panthers still lose to Browns in season debut

"Mayfield’s final quarter against his former team was some of the best quarterback play coach Matt Rhule has gotten in his 34-game tenure with the Panthers.

"

Still, Mayfield’s debut went from nasty to very nice in a hurry. He ended up 16-for-27 for 235 yards, with one interception, one passing TD and one rushing TD. He also had five of his passes tipped and several bobbled snaps and was sacked four times.

"

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article265431751.html#storylink=cpy

Imagine how Baker would have done if the oline was as good as the Browns. (I SAID the Panthers oline played dismal....

Just sayin -

Take your loss like man.

Z

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

"

"

Just sayin -

Your a moron. The browns destroyed the panthers for 3 quarters. With Watson this would’ve been a blow out. Brissett missed some big throws. The first half the browns left so many points on the board. It’s a fluke the panthers were even in the game. Mayfield played horrible. It’s INSANE the excuses people make for this guy, 

14 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Your a moron. The browns destroyed the panthers for 3 quarters. With Watson this would’ve been a blow out. Brissett missed some big throws. The first half the browns left so many points on the board. It’s a fluke the panthers were even in the game. Mayfield played horrible. It’s INSANE the excuses people make for this guy, 

I wouldn't say he played horrible... Was he great?... Hell no!... He was workman like.. He made plays needed to put his team in position to win... Was it glamorous?... Not by a long shot... But remember... Without Cade York.. We lost that game... Let's call it like it really is.... He and the Panthers almost stole one. All you people discrediting Mayfield just to prop up Mr.PeePee , the happy dick toter is hilarious... Just STOP! Let's move on for God sake...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I wouldn't say he played horrible... Was he great?... Hell no!... He was workman like.. He made plays needed to put his team in position to win... Was it glamorous?... Not by a long shot... But remember... Without Cade York.. We lost that game... Let's call it like it really is.... He and the Panthers almost stole one. All you people discrediting Mayfield just to prop up Mr.PeePee , the happy dick toter is hilarious... Just STOP! Let's move on for God sake...

Sorry nickers... Mayfield STUNK for 75% of the game.  Four fumbles that he luckily recovered, and minus his Gift bomb, he was 15\26 for 160 yards passing. McCaffery 33 yards on 10 carries. The Browns dominated except for two plays- the game probably wouldn't have been close otherwise. 1) Browns gifted Baker with a hole so big up the middle anyone not in a wheelchair or waking with a cane could have waltzed into the end zone on.  2) Newsome was expecting deep help from Delpit- and he didn't get it..  All Mayfield had to do was get the ball in the same area code for an easy score. 

The Browns had 2 blown coverages and then on the Panthers last drive I don't know if they got jittery or what but suddenly they were getting chunk plays. We forgot to cover their best players when it mattered most. Thanks God we drafted York. The team needs to learn how to close out these opponents. Brissette needs to be better, he left a lot of yards and points out on the field. Lets hope this improves at home this week.

On 9/12/2022 at 11:18 AM, SdBacker80 said:

I don’t even know what to say…the level of carnage we placed on both their offensive and defensive lines leads me to believe you have negligently forgotten the use of your gray matter in assessing this game. 

did you only watch the first half ? I said the Panther's offense played dismal. So is your attitude.

Go back and look at the score with 10 secs left. Have a nice cranky day.

32 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

takes more of a man to win gracefully. Work on it. Try to keep your attack  coyotes at bay on this forum, ya?

Dude, if you're rooting against the Browns on this forum you are opening yourself to attack. It's been that way since 1999. Check the name on the door: BROWNS Board. I don't control the coyotes, but I hope they rip your nuts off as long as you are rooting against us.

Z

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

wtf is wrong with you?  You are either a BROWNS fan or not.   No bullshit about the owners or the coach.  I support the TEAM.  Not a player who is no longer a Brown.

This is what I've been saying for months.

Born & raised a Browns fan. You just can't take it out of me, despite all the disappointments that have come with it. Let's face it, the Browns have had some truly terrible owners and with that comes bad decisions (the list is very long, starting with the firing of Paul Brown in 1963). We stayed and rooted anyway. 

I appreciate what Mayfield did while here (except for the Christmas Eve debacle last year lol). He's not here anymore, I'm not rooting for him anymore. I didn't root for Sipe with the NJ Generals, Kosar with the Cowboys, or Joe Haden in Pittsburgh.

Certainly we can't tell people how to feel about their fandom, but this whole Watson-Mayfield saga/decision shouldn't be this divisive, it's real real sad. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Dude, if you're rooting against the Browns on this forum you are opening yourself to attack. It's been that way since 1999. Check the name on the door: BROWNS Board. I don't control the coyotes, but I hope they rip your nuts off as long as you are rooting against us.

Z

Hell, he should just consider himself lucky that Zombo hasn't changed his name yet....

I mean, that's what usually happens to posters who root for someone besides the Browns around here. 😏

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Hell, he should just consider himself lucky that Zombo hasn't changed his name yet....

I mean, that's what usually happens to posters who root for someone besides the Browns around here. 😏

I thought Cal was leaving, certainly after the Browns beat his new favorite team...   Got a song for him   

5 hours ago, Zombo said:

Z

I wasn't rooting against you, your high priestessness. I wanted a great showing by Baker, and a Browns win. STFU.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I wasn't rooting against you, your high priestessness. I wanted a great showing by Baker, and a Browns win. STFU.

Well, you mostly got that... Happy now? I thought you were leaving. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.   But seriously.. It's over, Grover...  Go follow Baker to your heart's content on all the other Panther's Forums that are out there.  As Browns fans, other than the Mayfield nut huggers, we don't much care anymore what he does, or doesn't do.  Hey didya know?   Jarvis Landry had 7 receptions, 114 yards Sunday for the Saints... Maybe we can start a few threads, and cry in our beer how big a mistake it was to let him walk too.   :D   

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

"  I love the Browns- players. But the trade deserves the fo, berry, and ownership getting their heads slapped off their shoulders the first game.

Who has any idea? I'm guessing Panther's 30, Browns 23."

--calfox

You wanted us to lose, you predicted us to lose ... you rooted against us. At least Steeler fans have loyalty. You wanted us to lose. Shameful, and I don't mind seeing everyone make you eat shit.

Z

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

"  I love the Browns- players. But the trade deserves the fo, berry, and ownership getting their heads slapped off their shoulders the first game.

Who has any idea? I'm guessing Panther's 30, Browns 23."

--calfox

You wanted us to lose, you predicted us to lose ... you rooted against us. At least Steeler fans have loyalty. You wanted us to lose. Shameful, and I don't mind seeing everyone make you eat shit.

Z

No, I just predicted a panther win, and ALSO lol, said or maybe the opposite would happen.

You don't know me, but this hostility towards anyone you can figure isn't making you feel like a BB god, has ruined this board for several folks who have left.

I've never said one thing about anyone else having any opinion about anything like you all do.

And, I AM a Browns fan, but like Jim Thome and his Wife, I would have cancelled my season tickets if I had had them, and it disgusts me....and a few haters of anything and everything aren't going to change that, and no, you do not "rule the roost".

I will never go to another game until your sex symbol watson is gone. The trade was sleazier than anything I have ever seen in sports anywhere. I just can't ignore it - you can, but then, that's you.

16 hours ago, Bob806 said:

This is what I've been saying for months.

Born & raised a Browns fan. You just can't take it out of me, despite all the disappointments that have come with it. Let's face it, the Browns have had some truly terrible owners and with that comes bad decisions (the list is very long, starting with the firing of Paul Brown in 1963). We stayed and rooted anyway. 

I appreciate what Mayfield did while here (except for the Christmas Eve debacle last year lol). He's not here anymore, I'm not rooting for him anymore. I didn't root for Sipe with the NJ Generals, Kosar with the Cowboys, or Joe Haden in Pittsburgh.

Certainly we can't tell people how to feel about their fandom, but this whole Watson-Mayfield saga/decision shouldn't be this divisive, it's real real sad. 

Yep, except a few missing points:

this stupid trade was disgusting. You can still be a Browns fan, but be totally disgusted by this sick, stupid ass trade.

about this:

"I appreciate what Mayfield did while here (except for the Christmas Eve debacle last year lol). He's not here anymore, I'm not rooting for him anymore. I didn't root for Sipe with the NJ Generals, Kosar with the Cowboys, or Joe Haden in Pittsburgh."

I have never rooted for any other player who left the Browns either.  (except for Kosar, I wanted him to get a Super Bowl ring!), but THIS TRADE - I do not accept it. Flat out, No bs.