THE BROWNS BOARD

Ron DeSantis sends two planes of illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard

Vambo

4 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Lawyers for Civil Rights

Called it. Conservatives using the same tricks they used in the 60's.

Pats himself on the back for calling shit.

The info in that pamphlet is factual in case you believe it was made up. Granted it was intended for special case refugees, not for those illegals crossing the border, but a clever move by Desantis nevertheless.

The situation in the 60's although unethical involved American citizens, not illegals, therefore Desantis tactic was highly appropriate in this case given the circumstances.

The main circumstance being a federal government that refuses to address the border crises.

The second circumstance involves you compassionate liberal assholes who want to welcome illegals into this country with open arms, so own it. The border states should not under any circumstances be forced to take the brunt of illegal immigration.

Somehow, it's OK for these people to be here illegally, but it should somehow be illegal to transport illegals...especially to those compassionate caring and loving blue states.

5 hours ago, FY56 said:

Pats himself on the back for calling shit.

The info in that pamphlet is factual in case you believe it was made up. Granted it was intended for special case refugees, not for those illegals crossing the border, but a clever move by Desantis nevertheless.

The situation in the 60's although unethical involved American citizens, not illegals, therefore Desantis tactic was highly appropriate in this case given the circumstances.

The main circumstance being a federal government that refuses to address the border crises.

The second circumstance involves you compassionate liberal assholes who want to welcome illegals into this country with open arms, so own it. The border states should not under any circumstances be forced to take the brunt of illegal immigration.

Somehow, it's OK for these people to be here illegally, but it should somehow be illegal to transport illegals...especially to those compassionate caring and loving blue states.

Wow that is some mental gymnastics. Sure, he lied to get them on the plane, but other immigrates could have gotten those benefits. When the other human traffickers tell the women they traffic there are a jobs waiting for them, they aren't really lying. Forced prostitution is a job after all. 

It the same situation as the 60s, you conservatives saw AA families as a threat, just like you see immigrate families as a threat. 

57 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Wow that is some mental gymnastics. Sure, he lied to get them on the plane, but other immigrates could have gotten those benefits. When the other human traffickers tell the women they traffic there are a jobs waiting for them, they aren't really lying. Forced prostitution is a job after all. 

It the same situation as the 60s, you conservatives saw AA families as a threat, just like you see immigrate families as a threat. 

Federal Report Shows Open Borders Bring Increased Crimes and Costs for Taxpayers

https://www.heritage.org/immigration/commentary/federal-report-shows-open-borders-bring-increased-crimes-and-costs-taxpayers

11 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Your inability to process clearly represented facts does not constitute mental gymnastics. Or was it simply your denial?

And before you attempt to respond to my posts make sure you thoroughly know what you're talking about. You can start by understanding what human trafficking actually is. I'm not going to take you by the hand.

9 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Legal immigration is an economic threat to wages for the average Joe. This is why, no matter which political party is in office, there is a cap on how many people can get a green card/visa and how many people can become naturalized US citizens. Illegal immigration, in addition to the problem above, is a slap in the face to everyone who is playing by the rules and waiting, sometimes for years, for their turn to become a US citizen. Skipping the border shouldn't be a shortcut to the privileges of being a US citizen. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

Legal immigration is an economic threat to wages for the average Joe. This is why, no matter which political party is in office, there is a cap on how many people can get a green card/visa and how many people can become naturalized US citizens. Illegal immigration, in addition to the problem above, is a slap in the face to everyone who is playing by the rules and waiting, sometimes for years, for their turn to become a US citizen. Skipping the border shouldn't be a shortcut to the privileges of being a US citizen. 

Yep. And having to wait years is by no means hyperbole. 

1 hour ago, VaporTrail said:

I was working with a large number of immigrants from India, Germany, Japan, and Korea. This was during President Trump’s tenure, and they were all in agreement with his immigration policies. They said that they paid their money and waited in line for years to acquire a work Visa, and just because someone swims across the Rio Grande doesn’t mean they should get priority. 

3 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

I think legal immigration is beneficial to the country especially among skilled educated law-abiding hard-working immigrants with something to offer rather than just a vote and a consumer of tax benefits. As far as the completely unskilled jobs I've always been a proponent of the guest worker program. Come on in pick the grapes and vaya con dios. I'd be more than happy to lighten up the requirements for qualified immigrants and tighten security against the dregs of society from third world shitholes.

All too obvious that Zoomers don't want to work for a living and it's becoming easier not to. Not to mention our permanent and expanding welfare community.

We greatly benefited from the Jews fleeing the axis in World War II and importing technically skilled Asians and Indians today.

WSS

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, cccjwh said:

There's no way you believe that.  IIRAIRA has zero bearing on rising extended stay illegal immigration.  The problem is how networked these migrants are nowadays because the amount of established undocumented friends and family they already have living here.  The pioneering phase of illegal immigration is over, there are jobs, housing, schooling, health care, etc. already in place for these people.  It's far more advanced than the 90s.

In Houston, we have the Gold Card program ( https://houstoncasemanagers.com/gold-card-requirements/#Harris_Health_Gold_Card_Requirements_Who_Qualifies_For_This_Safety_Net_Insurance_Plan ).  There are 3 requirements to enter the Gold Card program, and they are very specific:  uninsured....low-income....undocumented immigrant.  The first thing they do when they get here is go to places calling themselves "multi-services".  They do all the erollment documents these people want.  Why wouldn't they come?  This isn't an anecdote, Houston is an epicenter for illegal immigration from networks like these.  

I guess Vox failing to address obvious influences to the problem isn't a lie, so the fact checkers would probably tell me it's safe to swallow, but it's going to be a hard pass for me on this one dawg.

The IIRAIRA policy simply didn't work, it's not the cause of any crisis.  They saw the wave coming, threw out some policy decades too late, and it didn't work.  They share a timeline, the end.

Your going to love this idea I've had for years, though.  We should stop chasing immigration policies that go after poor brown people and start going after the rich, successful, privileged, entitled, and probably white people that live in places like Martha's Vineyard.  If any of these companies (aka...tax cheats) even think about hiring illegal immigrants, we financially punish them heavily.  It's win, win.  The left gets to spend rich people money on dumb shit in the short term and the rest of the low income citizens of this country get more competitive wages.  

If this ever happened, it would probably end illegal immigration entirely and possibly cause some form of an exodus.  This is where life really gets good for the left.  Pollution....down.  Colorado River....higher.  Price/demand of common goods....down in the long run.  Unfilled labor jobs...replaced with more efficient green technologies.  I could go on, but you're a smart enough guy.

28 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

There's no way you believe that.  IIRAIRA has zero bearing on rising extended stay illegal immigration.  The problem is how networked these migrants are nowadays because the amount of established undocumented friends and family they already have living here.  The pioneering phase of illegal immigration is over, there are jobs, housing, schooling, health care, etc. already in place for these people.  It's far more advanced than the 90s.

In Houston, we have the Gold Card program ( https://houstoncasemanagers.com/gold-card-requirements/#Harris_Health_Gold_Card_Requirements_Who_Qualifies_For_This_Safety_Net_Insurance_Plan ).  There are 3 requirements to enter the Gold Card program, and they are very specific:  uninsured....low-income....undocumented immigrant.  The first thing they do when they get here is go to places calling themselves "multi-services".  They do all the erollment documents these people want.  Why wouldn't they come?  This isn't an anecdote, Houston is an epicenter for illegal immigration from networks like these.  

I guess Vox failing to address obvious influences to the problem isn't a lie, so the fact checkers would probably tell me it's safe to swallow, but it's going to be a hard pass for me on this one dawg.

The IIRAIRA policy simply didn't work, it's not the cause of any crisis.  They saw the wave coming, threw out some policy decades too late, and it didn't work.  They share a timeline, the end.

Your going to love this idea I've had for years, though.  We should stop chasing immigration policies that go after poor brown people and start going after the rich, successful, privileged, entitled, and probably white people that live in places like Martha's Vineyard.  If any of these companies (aka...tax cheats) even think about hiring illegal immigrants, we financially punish them heavily.  It's win, win.  The left gets to spend rich people money on dumb shit in the short term and the rest of the low income citizens of this country get more competitive wages.  

If this ever happened, it would probably end illegal immigration entirely and possibly cause some form of an exodus.  This is where life really gets good for the left.  Pollution....down.  Colorado River....higher.  Price/demand of common goods....down in the long run.  Unfilled labor jobs...replaced with more efficient green technologies.  I could go on, but you're a smart enough guy.

IIIRAIRA is part of the problem, the system is crap. They could make E-verify mandatory, but they won't. It isn't going to be fixed, because it is just a great talking point and cheap labor is cheap. 

47 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

IIIRAIRA is part of the problem, the system is crap. They could make E-verify mandatory, but they won't. It isn't going to be fixed, because it is just a great talking point and cheap labor is cheap. 

Specifically to the video, IIRAIRA has no bearing on length of stay.  I don't know what other issues you have with it.  And also, E-verify doesn't stop any illegal immigration other than it makes it more "legal" to be here undocumented, I suppose.

But I can't really argue the rest of your post.