THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles Garrett involved in single car crash

TypicalBrowns50

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, mjp rocket propulsion... I wonder what that car does in the quarter mile? OK, you can find out anything in a hurry on Google...  10.5 seconds...  Not too shabby considering  (if it's still correct) the record- any car-  in the quarter is 8.5 seconds.  🙄

If he decides to get another one, he needs to head over to Indy...  IIRC I've heard they open up the track a couple days a year for guys who want to take a spin around the oval with no speed limits enforced... Or take up drag racing those 10,000 horsepower funny cars when he retires...

That top end Porsche speed isn't far off from Indy cars... 

Yes and a loaded porche 911 Turbo S with the 8 speed  auto transmission and auto spoiler, maxed out audio system and all of that for around. . $240,000+ . which for a star athlete is a fraction of one game check.   And that's way less than a Lamborghini or other real high end car guys.  Actually a 911 is a nice ride for a big contract player.

I like the big ol' linemen and the laid out trucks for less than  $100,000,  a more sensible ride.   Oh well..... 

...... edit add, the fastest production vehicle in the  ¼ mile an electric 

2022 Rimac Nevera

• Quarter Mile Time:  8.58 seconds
  • Quarter Mile Max Speed:  167.51 mph
  • Engine: Electric
  • Power:  1,914 hp, 1,714 lb-ft
  • Transmission:  N/A

To make an electric car that’s fast enough to make Bugatti want to enter a joint venture, you might just want to end up with the fastest production car ¼ mile time ever. And that’s what Rimac did, with the Rimac Nevera ¼ mile in 8.58 seconds being the fastest quarter-mile car to ever hit the road.

The fastest gas production car yes in the high 9.8 to 10 second varieties.   A porche 918 Spyder was about 9.8 all level out around 145-150 mph.

I remember the late 1960s Camaros, Mustangs, GTOs, MOPARs and that gang.  Fun times back then.   Great memories.....  :D

Edited by mjp28

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Actually a 911 is a nice ride for a big contract player.

Porsche 's seem like dangerous cars. Too much power for a small car. Ryan Dunn and Paul Walker both died in Porsche's,  Walker in a Carrera which a little bigger than the 911. Ryan Dunn ironically was born in Medina,OH.

The more 'sports' the model is, the more you can get the car sideways.  My vette has the stock suspension.  Not even the 'sport' suspension...but it's still quite stiffly sprung.  If you hit a bump or a manhole cover the wrong way and/or while turning, it can hop on you.  Sportscars don't take the bumps like regular cars. They can be 'twitchy'.  You have to be in tune with that.

47 minutes ago, Orion said:

The more 'sports' the model is, the more you can get the car sideways.  My vette has the stock suspension.  Not even the 'sport' suspension...but it's still quite stiffly sprung.  If you hit a bump or a manhole cover the wrong way and/or while turning, it can hop on you.  Sportscars don't take the bumps like regular cars. They can be 'twitchy'.  You have to be in tune with that.

I have a 5th gen Camaro with 400 HP and it came with summer only tires. I was driving home one night from thanksgiving dinner (it hadn't snowed yet) and we had a light dusting. The car would not go anywhere, even touching the gas even a little and it started to get squirrely, ass end started to kick out. It was by the grace of god I made it home. That's what I meant talking about the tires. Even if it was dry, on a cold day going across a paved parking lot was like going across a skating rink. And you're right, these kind of cars have much stiffer suspension than a normal car. That Porsche has almost double the horse power and I'm willing to bet it weights a lot less than a Camaro. 

I've seen pictures of V6 Camaros laying on their sides because somebody turned off the traction control. Like I said, Myles is lucky to be alive, too much car for his driving skill.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I will never understand why would someone prefer having a sports car that will give you a few scares (maybe even risking your life) and driving tickets for using it as a sports car instead of a comfortable top class car with quality of life amenities that you can enjoy 100% of your rides on urban/suburban areas. 

If you wanna speed, there are tracks for that. Go there, spend as much money as you want and drive whatever car you wish (rental, sports car, whatever).

I visited a racing track a few months ago and they insisted that friends would come to race and speed instead of doing it on the roads. If by some unfortunate event there is an accident? Escapeways are way safer. If there is an injury? The driver/biker could be in the nearest hospital in 15 minutes, with full medical assistance from the get go. 

Probably Myles wasn't doing anything crazy, but he definitely was speeding and I can understand the urge to do that when you have such a fast car. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Nero said:

I will never understand why would someone prefer having a sports car that will give you a few scares (maybe even risking your life) and driving tickets for using it as a sports car instead of a comfortable top class car with quality of life amenities that you can enjoy 100% of your rides on urban/suburban areas. 

If you wanna speed, there are tracks for that. Go there, spend as much money as you want and drive whatever car you wish (rental, sports car, whatever).

I visited a racing track a few months ago and they insisted that friends would come to race and speed instead of doing it on the roads. If by some unfortunate event there is an accident? Escapeways are way safer. If there is an injury? The driver/biker could be in the nearest hospital in 15 minutes, with full medical assistance from the get go. 

Probably Myles wasn't doing anything crazy, but he definitely was speeding and I can understand the urge to do that when you have such a fast car. 

Oh, I understand it Nero. Never have driven a high performance sports car, but been on a few motorcycles that fit the description.  Just the feeling of that raw power is a rush. Also a good way to get yourself killed if you're not careful.  

But way back, I was a passenger in a souped up BMW Z3 when my pal gave me a demo of it's 0-90 capability. BTW, the crash investigation team surmised Myles was doing (not surprisingly) 65mph when he lost control. 

2 hours ago, Nero said:

To answer the first part, it just the fun factor, the sound of the engine. For me it's the sound from an American V8, and if you own a sports car, then you own that other car that is compfy and good on gas. 

To answer the other, if you own a sports car, you goof off in from time to time, it's what you do. Everybody that owns a performance car does it, you speed when you know nobody is watching, spin your tires, do donuts in parking lots, try to show off for friends or women. Everybody has done it and if they deny it thay are a damn liar.

But you tend to not want your star edge rusher/ best player goofing off in a Porsche 911. If we was goofing around I hope he learned his lesson.

Have a friend - son of longtime friends - he loves these cars. Yep, he pulled out of their allotment, some hotrod was flying around the corner, and he ends up with his expensive hotrod sporty car in a yard against a tree. He told me he learned his lesson. well over 300 HP isn't necessary. He just meant to hurry to pull out the rest of the way, and it took off.

If I had had Garrett's car in hs, I would not have been showing off it's speed and acceleration for a gal I was taking to a movie.

Okay, that is not necessarily true. lol.

But I never had the $$$$$$$$$$ to buy one. My '62 Ford Falcon, given to me by my Parents in hs.... with 89 thousand miles on it - I used to have fun anyways. I used to drive out to Summit Mall, on a movie date.....and on that steep, winding hill to get there - I would flutter the accelator and start slowing down, and tell her frantically to lean forward so we could get the rest of the hill without stalling and coming to a stop.

It's true. That car would be bucking, slowing down, and nearly stopping before she would lean way forward, and I would give it the gas and we'd get up the hill. LOL.

I remember, during the movie, she would turn to me and whisper - what is wrong with your car?.... and my face would hurt trying not to laugh.... She would laugh, and tell me "YOU IDIOT LOL" and we would get shushed to keep quiet.

Well, I was born a goofy comedian child, and it's funnier than rolling a high speed sporty car and getting hurt.

You don't have to have money to have a performance car. When I was in highschool, V8 swapping mid-80's Monte Carlo's, Regals, Cutlass's, Grand Prix's, and Camaro's was the thing.

I remember in highschool my buddy let me drive his 83 Cutlass with a 350 Olds rocket swapped in, had it sideways around a corner. I can't even get mad at Myles for wrecking his car because all people who have powerful cars drive like that, I just wish he would be more careful not to put himself in danger or others in danger. 

I never had anything with a V8 until my late 20's and my buddy who had the Cutlass had a bunch of classic American muscle cars in high school I would never dream of having and he wrecked them all because he drove like an asshole all the time. 

There was never a chance with all of the Tua stuff going on. Hopefully he uses Doordash instead of driving himself to get some food before kick off. 

Too soon? 

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

There was never a chance with all of the Tua stuff going on.(agree)

Hopefully he uses Doordash instead of driving himself to get some food before kick off. 

Too soon? 

S3Ot3hZ5bcy8o.gif      

#Browns Myles Garrett was fined $15,914 for an un-flagged roughing the passer on #Steelers Mitch Trubisky  🤷‍♂️

What a week !... have doordash deliver to your only basement window.. open carefully     
  • Haha 2

NFL well known fact..

Roger Goodell passes the buck to everyone but himself...👉👈

I'm still confused on the misconceptions of Tua's weeks 3/4 playing

1.) Tua.. Team doctors had the final say who's cleared to play over nfl assigned Independent doctor? 🤦‍♂️ 

Under the league’s concussion protocols,(<<now, leads fans away from how rule was written) players displaying instability after a hit are evaluated by both the team doctor and an independent neurologist, who is hired by the league but not on team staff. Together, they determine whether a player can return, with the team doctor having the ultimate say. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/30/sports/tua-tagavailoa-nfl-concussion-protocol.html

2.) Roger also, farms out his fining system..

I'll be honest.. I

still have not found a camera angle on how Mitch-tits hits the ground vs Garrett..

but while, freezing this at 6:25 👀.. (watch blown up from utube/6:20) Garrett's helmet dome is pointed left, straight on Mitch-tit's chest pad tie strings.. White hat'd Head official, has perfect angle of play from 7 yards away..