THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles Garrett involved in single car crash

TypicalBrowns50

9 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Translation from Steve's brain: "He must have been up to no good. He was driving around with a woman, I tell you. A WOMAN!"

FFS

Oh blow me. Kids have a tendency to drive recklessly it's dangerous and a bad idea. And we've probably all done it. If you can't even admit that you're stupid.

WSS

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Well that sucks, he never seemed like the kind of player that had an asshole streak in him.

Maybe he's channeling Kellen Winslow Jr?

WSS

Judging from the report released from the Ohio State Highway Patrol and some comments here, he swerved to avoid an animal and they were both wearing safety belts and drugs and alcohol weren't a factor so at least he was driving somewhat responsibly. Looking at the condition of the car, speed MAY have been a factor but he wasn't traveling stupidly fast because that car would be unrecognizable. Kellen Winslow was doing wheelies on a bike in a parking lot and hit a curb, the two thing aren't even remotely in the same conversation.🙄

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Judging from the report released from the Ohio State Highway Patrol and some comments here, he swerved to avoid an animal and they were both wearing safety belts and drugs and alcohol weren't a factor so at least he was driving somewhat responsibly. Looking at the condition of the car, speed MAY have been a factor but he wasn't traveling stupidly fast because that car would be unrecognizable. Kellen Winslow was doing wheelies on a bike in a parking lot and hit a curb, the two thing aren't even remotely in the same conversation.🙄

Absolutely. The story might be 100% correct about swerving to avoid hitting a woodland creature. And I would guess because of the damage that speed must have been a factor. I'm not saying he's an evil guy I'm just saying that young people are reckless and flying ass down a road in Sharon Township would be a little bit risky. That's all. And if Winslow hadn't turned out like he did one would say that a young guy popping wheelies on his bike is not an evil thing to do just risky. And gee officer I swerved to miss a rhinoceros is a logical story to tell a cop if you're going fast enough to roll the vehicle. Nothing more nothing less. I hope he's okay.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm just saying that young people are reckless and flying ass down a road

Yup.  They certainly can be.  Of course, Clapton is always getting stopped way over the speed limit in his Porsche.  Another just a few months ago as I recall.   

Perhaps the Browns should make a rule....all players should have to drive stock Honda Accords.  :)

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Yup.  They certainly can be.  Of course, Clapton is always getting stopped way over the speed limit in his Porsche.  Another just a few months ago as I recall.   

Perhaps the Browns should make a rule....all players should have to drive stock Honda Accords.  :)

Interestingly enough... Clapton lives in Columbus part time due to some chic he's with that's from there...

• Thanks 1

This is what happens when you blame the fans for booing you after playing poorly. 

1 hour ago, Orion said:

But what happens when the VTEC kicks in, yo

1 hour ago, Orion said:

The 2.0T accord is fast.

IMO, that body cam video footage shouldn't be out in the public arena.  Of course there wouldn't be a single media member to agree with me.   (you could tell that he was kind of in a state of shock)

Glad they're pretty ok.  (car is trash, but did it's job)

And glad to hear that Myles isn't totally ruled out of this week's game at this point in time.

19 hours ago, Orion said:

IMO, that body cam video footage shouldn't be out in the public arena.  Of course there wouldn't be a single media member to agree with me.   (you could tell that he was kind of in a state of shock)

That's a good thing, that means something happened that he didn't expect. If he was fucking around in the car on purpose I think his reaction would be much different. The picture shows a steep hill in the background where he wrecked hi s car. That part around Medina has a LOT of STEEP hills, it would not be out of the realm of possiblity that he came over the hill and there was an animal standing right there, had no time to brake, swerved to avoid it and lost control. The posted speed limit on that road is 45 so if he going 5 or 10 over, I could see that little Porsche flipping over like it did.

19 hours ago, D Bone said:

As I always say to myself as I come to staggering around looking for my motocross bike or even mountain bike, "Well, I ran out of talent there". 

The systems in these cars today are designed to cover up the lack of driving skill. StabiliTrak, Traction control all designed to keep the car upright and between the lines. He either over-estimated his ability to drive or he under-estimated the capabilities of the car. Or he just flat out had an accident which is what I believed happened.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I just read that he's had six speeding tickets three of them for going over a hundred miles an hour.

Well, that's breaking the law.  And he almost killed someone.  Arguably worse than what Watson is suspended 11 games for.  Perhaps GoToHell should get his special master Sue Robinson on the case.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I didn't read every post so I may have missed someone else saying this, but I just read that he's had six speeding tickets three of them for going over a hundred miles an hour.

WSS

If true, this is seriously disappointing. If true, dude needs to walk, take a bus or hitchhike for the next 3 years to refresh his memory that a drivers license is in fact a privilege.

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

I'm surprised his license hasn't been suspended if that's the case.

Depending on what state his license is issued in...  Ohio?  Driving 100+ besides speeding, the court can hit you with reckless operation on top of that.. X3- for sure they'd probably suspend your license.  

Ah, the good old days when it was reported Wilt Chamberlain would blast through Kansas doing 150.   

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I didn't read every post so I may have missed someone else saying this, but I just read that he's had six speeding tickets three of them for going over a hundred miles an hour.

WSS

You're right.

He says he swerved to avoid missing hitting "an animal". Riiiiight.  What kind of animal?  A deer?  Why didn't he just say so. A deer is always a convenient excuse in Ohio or Pa.

When you hear of teens involved in tragic accidents resulting in death it's rarely because of some stupid animal. It's because they failed to maintain control of their vehicle.

Browns star Myles Garrett cited for speeding prior to crash | wkyc.com

45 minutes ago, FY56 said:

You're right.

He says he swerved to avoid missing hitting "an animal". Riiiiight.  What kind of animal?  A deer?  Why didn't he just say so. A deer is always a convenient excuse in Ohio or Pa.

When you hear of teens involved in tragic accidents resulting in death it's rarely because of some stupid animal. It's because they failed to maintain control of their vehicle.

Browns star Myles Garrett cited for speeding prior to crash | wkyc.com

LOL, he was driving so fast, he couldn't tell what it was.  :)   It was brown, furry and in the road....  

If one of us normal schmucks had accumulated the number of flagrant speeding tickets Garrett has racked up, doubtless we'd have gotten at least a 30 day suspension and probably fines on the high side of $500 bucks...  $300 fines are pocket change to Myles...  It wouldn't surprise me if he's even ever had to show up in court, just let his lawyer handle it for him. 

• Upvote 1

This history is.. telling.  We may never know exactly what happened, but we can be pretty pretty sure.

And although I'd bet money that 911 didn't have all-season tires which would be better in northern Ohio rain.. at speed none of that matters.

And for the love of God, somebody tell Myles to get a hypercar, get instruction on how to drive it around a track, and get something like an RS6 Avant as the daily driver.  The other reason for the instruction... because he'd then have a place to go legitimately fast, less of a desire to do it on a place where speed has more chance to do harm than entertain.

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

This history is.. telling.  We may never know exactly what happened, but we can be pretty pretty sure.

And although I'd bet money that 911 didn't have all-season tires which would be better in northern Ohio rain.. at speed none of that matters.

And for the love of God, somebody tell Myles to get a hypercar, get instruction on how to drive it around a track, and get something like an RS6 Avant as the daily driver.  The other reason for the instruction... because he'd then have a place to go legitimately fast, less of a desire to do it on a place where speed has more chance to do harm than entertain.

Hopefully this is the wake up call for sure. I’m guessing those tickets were hushed away and didn’t mean anything, but this should. 

I’ll be honest, I drove like a shithead and I drove a crappy Lancer. Granted I wasn’t doing 100mph, but I didn’t have a fancy ass car. I also loved in an area with these back roads and not a lot of traffic. It took a ticket and a lot of money for me at the time to knock it off. Sometimes it takes a rough wake up call- let’s hope that’s the case for Myles.

How in The hell does one speed on roads like that in NEO.

between construction, slow drivers, pot holes, deer popping out, weather and cops in every square mile of the state.  I don’t know how it is possible.  If it’s a habit I’m shocked he hasn’t gotten nabbed more. 

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

How in The hell does one speed on roads like that in NEO.

between construction, slow drivers, pot holes, deer popping out, weather and cops in every square mile of the state.  I don’t know how it is possible.  If it’s a habit I’m shocked he hasn’t gotten nabbed more. 

Correct.  Combine a relatively young sportscar driver + celebrity status (avoids tickets, only warnings) + unlimited funds + Porche 911 Turbo + a road like this (it was no interstate highway)  = this.      It's amazing that it doesn't happen more often.

Failure to control is putting it mildly.  I've been into muscle cars and bikes since I was 18, it takes years to learn how to handle this kind of raw power, i even did some drag racing both on the street and strip.  And I've never had a car with 640 hp, 0-60 in 2.7 seconds, top speed 205 mph.   Whoa !   

I couldn't imagine having that torque and flat out power 640 hp. under my right foot.  Again,  whoa !     

911 Turbo S Cabriolet
From $ 228,900*
MSRP
640 hp
Max. power
2.7 seconds 0 - 60 mph with Sport Chrono Package. 205 mph. Top track speed. 

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Correct.  Combine a relatively young sportscar driver + celebrity status (avoids tickets, only warnings) + unlimited funds + Porche 911 Turbo + a road like this (it was no interstate highway)  = this.      It's amazing that it doesn't happen more often.

Failure to control is putting it mildly.  I've been into muscle cars and bikes since I was 18, it takes years to learn how to handle this kind of raw power, i even did some drag racing both on the street and strip.  And I've never had a car with 640 hp, 0-60 in 2.7 seconds, top speed 205 mph.   Whoa !   

I couldn't imagine having that torque and flat out power 640 hp. under my right foot.  Again,  whoa !     

911 Turbo S Cabriolet
From $ 228,900*
MSRP
640 hp
Max. power
2.7 seconds 0 - 60 mph with Sport Chrono Package. 205 mph. Top track speed. 

Yeah, mjp rocket propulsion... I wonder what that car does in the quarter mile? OK, you can find out anything in a hurry on Google...  10.5 seconds...  Not too shabby considering  (if it's still correct) the record- any car-  in the quarter is 8.5 seconds.  🙄

If he decides to get another one, he needs to head over to Indy...  IIRC I've heard they open up the track a couple days a year for guys who want to take a spin around the oval with no speed limits enforced... Or take up drag racing those 10,000 horsepower funny cars when he retires...

That top end Porsche speed isn't far off from Indy cars...