THE BROWNS BOARD

Stafford gets the starting job????

SoCalDog

How in the HELL does Stafford get the job? He was HORRIBLE compared to Culpepper. But, Quinn who was completely consistent the whole pre season and led us on drives pretty much every time he was in still isn't named the starter?

Man, I thought I hated RAC for babbling on and on...but Mangina is the complete opposite end of the spectrum. If Stafford plays as shitty as he has and can be named a starter how in the hell can't we name one.

How in the HELL does Stafford get the job? He was HORRIBLE compared to Culpepper. But, Quinn who was completely consistent the whole pre season and led us on drives pretty much every time he was in still isn't named the starter?

Man, I thought I hated RAC for babbling on and on...but Mangina is the complete opposite end of the spectrum. If Stafford plays as shitty as he has and can be named a starter how in the hell can't we name one.

You are not that bright.

LOL, With 30+years of playing and coaching the game at various levels, I'll put my football knowledge up to yours anyday.

I know the economic reason (which isn't a good reason and also not always been the standard for past draft picks), but if you've seen the pre season games, Culpepper outplayed him. Stafford did look horrible at times.

The point being, the Lions and other coaches last year (Falcons, Ravens) and Jets this year had no problem going to a young QB draft pick...regardless it seems how they played in the pre season. Here we have Quinn playing very consistently and moves the team each chance he gets and we still can't (yet) give him a chance to see what he can do?

Of course, this will all be moot come Sunday when he is named the starter.

To me, it's really not the naming of the starter, it's the splitting up the reps (if that is what is happening ) that I feel does not prepare the QB, whoever he is, for the game.

My gut says he's picked the QB and they will get all the reps this week.

LOL, With 30+years of playing and coaching the game at various levels, I'll put my football knowledge up to yours anyday.

I know the economic reason (which isn't a good reason and also not always been the standard for past draft picks), but if you've seen the pre season games, Culpepper outplayed him. Stafford did look horrible at times.

The point being, the Lions and other coaches last year (Falcons, Ravens) and Jets this year had no problem going to a young QB draft pick...regardless it seems how they played in the pre season. Here we have Quinn playing very consistently and moves the team each chance he gets and we still can't (yet) give him a chance to see what he can do?

Of course, this will all be moot come Sunday when he is named the starter.

To me, it's really not the naming of the starter, it's the splitting up the reps (if that is what is happening ) that I feel does not prepare the QB, whoever he is, for the game.

My gut says he's picked the QB and they will get all the reps this week.

#1 Culpepper got injured.................. Not an IR type but enough to limit his mobility even more.

#2 The QBs were told who the starter is. The team was told. So why do you think they need to tell you? Who are you and the media? You and me knowing really doesn't matter. They are preparing for this Sunday's game like they would any other game. They are not splitting reps. The backup always gets a small % of the reps each week to stay sharp.

Why is it such a big deal that he won't come out and tell you? Do you really think the team will play better knowing you know who the QB will be Sunday?

Please, stop the QB whinning.

#1 Culpepper got injured.................. Not an IR type but enough to limit his mobility even more.

#2 The QBs were told who the starter is. The team was told. So why do you think they need to tell you? Who are you and the media? You and me knowing really doesn't matter. They are preparing for this Sunday's game like they would any other game. They are not splitting reps. The backup always gets a small % of the reps each week to stay sharp.

Why is it such a big deal that he won't come out and tell you? Do you really think the team will play better knowing you know who the QB will be Sunday?

Please, stop the QB whinning.

Do you know this as a fact? If so, please tell us who's getting the reps.

Do you know this as a fact? If so, please tell us who's getting the reps.

Mangini said the QBs were told who would start and expalined his decision to them. He also notified the team today.

I was told that during the open part of the practice Quinn took the most reps with the first team. It's the closed part of the daily practices where the game plan is put in and the real work gets done.

Mangini said the QBs were told who would start and expalined his decision to them. He also notified the team today.

I was told that during the open part of the practice Quinn took the most reps with the first team. It's the closed part of the daily practices where the game plan is put in and the real work gets done.

Actually Mangini said he was going to tell the QBs in "the near future"

And NFL.com reported there wasn't anything in the first 30 mins of practice to indicate who was working with 1s.

but thanks for providing your usual Quinn slant.

Actually Mangini said he was going to tell the QBs in "the near future"

And NFL.com reported there wasn't anything in the first 30 mins of practice to indicate who was working with 1s.

but thanks for providing your usual Quinn slant.

Incorrect. Quinn has been working with the starting units the most. It is what it is Lum. Your a failure.

Archived