THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Falcons

Orion

image.png.60e33d1cb012b9bd514d012a50c14d54.png

( copycat brownswire )

So, we won't have Myles Garrett.  That's a problem.  Fortunately they're not one of the better passing teams...but they are one of the better rushing teams...and we have a new MLB and  backup DE's.  The Falcons are middle of the road against the run and are ranked poorly against the pass.  Statistically we're not a very good passing team, but our offense is most probably going to have to carry us in this game.  And if they load up against the run then the passing attack is going to have to be able to force them to unload the box.

We already lost to the Jets.  We cannot afford to lose any more games against teams that we're supposed to beat.

• Upvote 2

I'm so tired of this team being so bad at the end of games. No matter the coach, no matter the qb, it's just virtually a given we're going to crap the sheets and it's tiresome. I'm trying to control my emotions, and I normally don't comment this soon after a loss, but I'm unhappy to say the least. I don't understand how a person can not know when to kick a FG at this level, or have any clue what to do 1st and goal from the 1. 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm so tired of this team being so bad at the end of games.

They're a strong running team.  And in the second half they took it straight at our DLine.  They rammed it right down our throat with a nobody RB.  Our D just couldn't stop them on the ground.  And I don't want to pin the loss on the D, because the Offense only scored 20 point.  That's not enough to win games.  

Sadly, I now believe us to be doomed for this season.  The upcoming schedule holds a lot of 'L's I fear.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Orion said:

They're a strong running team.  And in the second half they took it straight at our DLine.  They rammed it right down our throat with a nobody RB.  Our D just couldn't stop them on the ground.  And I don't want to pin the loss on the D, because the Offense only scored 20 point.  That's not enough to win games.  

Sadly, I now believe us to be doomed for this season.  The upcoming schedule holds a lot of 'L's I fear.  

I feel the same way. I'm actually proud of this defense. Got a turnover, held them to 23 points at home, and forced a massive FG with just under 3 minutes to go. We couldn't even get a FIELD GOAL ATTEMPT with 3 minutes and a timeout or two. It's embarrassing and it's difficult to watch as a fan. Every single team we've faced that needed a drive at the end of the game made it happen, and one team did it TWICE. Other teams do it every single damn time. We didn't. 

And it just stinks. Alas, it's only football, but it still stinks. Now it's time to beat some of the good teams and show them what the Browns are really about. Oh, and get Amari Cooper the damn ball.