THE BROWNS BOARD

Peyton/Eli. Podcast MNF

blitzz2

I'm not sure if it was available in all the markets, but did anyone enjoy it? I thought it was a refreshing take on the color commentary. Brought a whole different vibe to the game. I personally really enjoyed it. Actually laughed quite a bit and enjoyed the Boomer guest spot the most. Really laughed when they were showing the old Boomer mullet showing off his Hanes...and when Eli asked if Travis attended any of Jasons games...then said "i bet its really exciting watching him snap the ball" just deadpan...

1 hour ago, blitzz2 said:

I'm not sure if it was available in all the markets, but did anyone enjoy it? I thought it was a refreshing take on the color commentary. Brought a whole different vibe to the game. I personally really enjoyed it. Actually laughed quite a bit and enjoyed the Boomer guest spot the most. Really laughed when they were showing the old Boomer mullet showing off his Hanes...and when Eli asked if Travis attended any of Jasons games...then said "i bet its really exciting watching him snap the ball" just deadpan...

Didnt see last nights broadcast but I enjoy them if I'm watching other teams play..

I watched it, i'll continue to watch it when i can.

The side discussions with brothers Kelce made it more like a podcast than a game, but still more interesting.

They used the telestrator to circle the 1:1 with Cooper before his TD right before the snap, showed some coverage details as well.. more in-depth than what you'll normally see.

To me this is similar to what ESPN also does with the CFB national title game -- on ESPN2 for the last few years they've had multiple other college coaches in a room both to discuss and to use the smartTV/telestrator to back/forward, show route concepts and coverages etc.

3 hours ago, blitzz2 said:

but did anyone enjoy it?

It was the channel that Mrs. Wife had on when I arrived for the start of the game.  I'd never seen their game(s).  I never changed the channel.  I enjoyed their immediate reactions and explanations of what they saw and thought as well as their pre-snap thoughts on attacking the D.   

I didn't care for their guests.  I found them a distraction from the game.  But that's because I'm a Browns fan and, on this night, am all-in on the Browns and NOT Boomer, etc.  But if I were watching other teams, as nickers stated, it'd be cool.  

Basically, I enjoyed the concept and those two Mannings.   

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

It was the channel that Mrs. Wife had on when I arrived for the start of the game.  I'd never seen their game(s).  I never changed the channel.  I enjoyed their immediate reactions and explanations of what they saw and thought as well as their pre-snap thoughts on attacking the D.   

I didn't care for their guests.  I found them a distraction from the game.  But that's because I'm a Browns fan and, on this night, am all-in on the Browns and NOT Boomer, etc.  But if I were watching other teams, as nickers stated, it'd be cool.  

Basically, I enjoyed the concept and those two Mannings.   

i watch them all the time except when the Browns play who were the guests ?

Just now, syd said:

i watch them all the time except when the Browns play who were the guests ?

I don't remember their names, a couple of brothers who played and a country singer that made commercials with Peyton,  Paisley.  He's a Browns fan.  It was funny when they asked him if he converted people to being Browns fans and he said, Nah, if you didn't grow up with the Browns, it's hard to convert anyone to them.  LOL   He was from the Sipe era and he loved the uniforms they wore last night.    -  I also thought they looked really good in those textiles last night - 

48 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Manning Brothers >>>>> Joe Buck.

I watch them every Monday.   Very engaging and entertaining you have two highly intelligent brothers taking jabs at each other 

And How in the World is Joe Buck in the Hall of Fame?

I know,,, Joe Buck is nothing like his Father was...

During the Monday night countdown, Peyton Manning had a nice breakdown of a Jacboy pass play that was very informative, explained it in a very easy to understand fashion. Could listen to him breakdown game film for hours. Lots of football knowledge bouncing around in that head of his.