THE BROWNS BOARD

"The"  🏈    Official Tampa Bay at Cleveland Game Day Thread ... for WEEK 12.  🏈

gumby73

11 minutes ago, syd said:

damn it feels good to watch afternoon football or once

I think we   all   needed that little OT win and why not a BAL loss thrown in too !   

And Cleveland plays the 1-9 Houston pitifuls  next week.

GO BROWNS,   just win again ...... baby !

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I think we   all   needed that little OT win and why not a BAL loss thrown in too !   

And Cleveland plays the 1-9 Houston pitifuls next week.

GO BROWNS,   just win again ...... baby !

this game also helps easies the pain from yesterday and hell the bucks should come in 5th with a chance to get in

🍻  Cheers !

FikqDEEWIAEW7DC.jpg.3b321917d25c79bda5ad988335ca5cf1.jpg

I had to get myself off of here in the middle of the 3rd... #bitch-mode

At the start of the 4th....

I laid my Elf hat on Tour's London lampshade conversion cloth & said these words..

"Tour buddy, we need this OL to figure out a way to stop Tampa's attacking D-line stunts" 

That Elf ball-cap ain't leaving the top of that lamp the rest of the Season !

Fuck a A right Tour ! 🙏  WE BEAT TOM BRADY ! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, syd said:

this game also helps easies the pain from yesterday and hell the bucks should come in 5th with a chance to get in

They are 5th on the AP poll. So that should help some

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Man, Bucs fans will be pretty irate if they lose to the Browns. 

I have friends that are married.  One is a Bucs fan, she lived there, the other is a ratbirds fan. Can’t wait to see them tonight

• Haha 1

Very happy for Jacoby Brissett....getting a win to go out with.  He was a team leader.  He was classy.  He did a better job than anyone thought he could.  He kept the int's down.  Thank You Jacoby!

Some kinda' catch for the TD by Njoku.

Chubb had to work really hard for every inch today.  That game winning TD was pure Will and Power!

It's good to put an end to a negative streak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Browns on TV for me today. Thanksgiving was shit for me, but this helps. A few thoughts.

*Garrett is smelling it almost every pass play but we have nothing in the middle.

The D is playing well, but I think letting Oganjobi get away was a mistake.

The 4th down Brady sneak sure was a big hole.

*The play calling on the second half red zone trip was a real WTF?

I love the Browns.

*Why does it take we fans protesting for things to change? Woods could have been this aggressive all along. WTF is it with the Browns that so many obvious fixes keep going unaddressed?

It's as if the coaching staff is paying a Dominatrix to keep beating the fuck out of their ballsacks. "Please kicke.again".

I can't help it, I hate Stefanski

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Very happy for Jacoby Brissett....getting a win to go out with.  He was a team leader.  He was classy.  He did a better job than anyone thought he could.  He kept the int's down.  Thank You Jacoby!

JB's overtime pass to Coop was a good enough hold my beer  finish for this fan..

awesome finish JB ! 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Comes down to how the playoff committee views OSU and Alabama.  We could be in the playoff if they put us ahead of Bama and USC loses.

deserved or undeserved. 

I'm as big of an OSU fan as anybody, they don't deserve it. If they lost at game on the road, maybe I'd feel differently, but they got smoked at home. 

'Bama doesn't deserve the spot either. Their ranking is all about reputation not results.

4 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I'm as big of an OSU fan as anybody, they don't deserve it. If they lost at game on the road, maybe I'd feel differently, but they got smoked at home. 

'Bama doesn't deserve the spot either. Their ranking is all about reputation not results.

Agree but if USC loses we are running out of teams and we would have no 1 loss teams left. 

Tennessee? Lost To Scar by 25.

12 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Someone who has to get it in if USC loses 

13 hours ago, Bob806 said:

OSU was pathetic giving up huge chunk plays for TDs with nary a defender in sight. Yeah, they might backdoor in if USC? loses...  So what? You think they'd have a prayer against Georgia?  

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

OSU was pathetic giving up huge chunk plays for TDs with nary a defender in sight. Yeah, they might backdoor in if USC? loses...  So what? You thing they'd have a prayer against Georgia?  

These bowl games can certainly be unpredictable. A month off can do wonders or harm to a team.

I just don't think tOSU deserves a spot now.

12 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Oh ye of little faith.

Very true!

Having said that, what happened when we DID throw into the end zone a little bit later?  Njoku caught a TD pass making the type of catch a previous FO here thought he would be capable of (if the guy calling plays had faith).  

9 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Comes down to how the playoff committee views OSU and Alabama.  We could be in the playoff if they put us ahead of Bama and USC loses.

deserved or undeserved. 

The very first battle test among elite top 4 caliber teams was an epic failure.  Keep in mind #7 for Michigan averaged 75 yards per carry the last 2 times he touched the ball and he was just a back-up RB.  Why would we want to see the Buckeyes playing Georgia next? 

Let's face it, we've been spoiled by the standard of excellence with the football program at Ohio State.  JMO, where Ohio State looks to have slipped the most is in their Defensive Recruits - particularly Defensive backs and footspeed.  When #7 was outrunning pursuit angles - that jumped off the screen to me. They have to improve this if they want to get back up to the level they were at.  Michigan had a defense that gave their offense a margin of error they could count on.  Ohio State did not have this, which is why we could see their confidence flat-lining when those big plays took the wind out of their sails.

One Defensive Player that was an absolute delight to watch all year was JT Tuimoloau (#44).  

They'll be back!  

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Bob806 said:

These bowl games can certainly be unpredictable. A month off can do wonders or harm to a team.

I just don't think tOSU deserves a spot now.

Especially when you consider that Henderson and JSN could easily be back for a bowl game. The committee right or wrong looks at that. I'm definitely also leaning towards "don't deserve it", but the Game wasn't as OMG of a loss as the media makes it out to be. OSU had the lead at half-time and had it within one score halfway through the 4th quarter. Don't get me wrong-USC deserves the 4th spot if they win. But if they don't, Ohio State had a hell of a year with one loss to a CFP team. I'm not sure why there's so much shock that they are at least seriously in the conversation.

Anywho-back to the Browns. Really had no intentions of watching this game closely until the cold bug ran through the family, leaving us all on the couch (and me waiting on my tablet).

1) Emerson had himself a day, woo boy. Locked Evans down and had an extremely questionable PI. In the same vein, if Ward looks the way he did and Newsome can come back he (Ward) could be an interesting trade piece for draft capital. Ward just doesn't look sharp out there.

2) Anyone who thinks Garrett isn't a fucking monster is just plain dumb. if our interior DL had any pressure, at all, that man would be getting 2 sacks a game. That sack late was jaw dropping-the bend to get underneath the tackle is incredible.

I just can't keep thinking about that Jets loss early in the season-should have been 3-0 and at worst would be 5-6 with a win over the team in the last wild card spot. Oh well.

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

OSU was pathetic giving up huge chunk plays

I have never been a fan of calling Michigan "TTUN" or when they put giant red X's through the letter "M", it speaks of arrogance.  Then I seen a Buckeye head butt one of the Michigan players on the sidelines for an unnecessary penalty. What happened to OSU is what happens when you don't respect your opponent. I say good for Michigan for smoking OSU at home.

I think that not respecting one's opponent may also be a Browns problem too, thinking they will just breeze through a game they should win. 

9 minutes ago, Neo said:

I have never been a fan of calling Michigan "TTUN" or when they put giant red X's through the letter "M", it speaks of arrogance.  Then I seen a Buckeye head butt one of the Michigan players on the sidelines for an unnecessary penalty. What happened to OSU is what happens when you don't respect your opponent. I say good for Michigan for smoking OSU at home.

I think that not respecting one's opponent may also be a Browns problem too, thinking they will just breeze through a game they should win. 

The missing “m” thing is a playful part of the rivalry. Just as their “Ohio” reference when we have an Ohio U. That is playing pretty good football too I might add.  The ironic part when this reference was made there were some years where Ohio U. Could beat Michigan.

the ignitor in all this is Ryan Days foolish “we will put up 100” next time.   You cant do that when you punt twice in fourth down in Michigan territory. 

I also had no problem with flag plant by Michigan. Some of these blue chip prospects like the guy you mentioned that committed that stupid penalty Gee Scott need to be humbled and if they were disrespected by this - maybe it’s time to get to work.  It was 22 years since they won on our turf good for them. That’s a LONG time.

The Browns don’t believe in the coaching and the scheme, I don’t think that is the case with Ohio State. 

17 hours ago, gumby73 said:

JB's overtime pass to Coop was a good enough hold my beer  finish for this fan..

awesome finish JB ! 

Thanks for sharing that Gumbs!   I'm surprised some of our fans are soooooo down on this guy.  For a guy that is supposed to be a career backup - I think he did an admirable job for the Browns.  I hope we keep this guy on the team to be our backup the next couple years.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Thanks for sharing that Gumbs!   I'm surprised some of our fans are soooooo down on this guy.  For a guy that is supposed to be a career backup - I think he did an admirable job for the Browns.  I hope we keep this guy on the team to be our backup the next couple years.

I've come to realize,as a "career backup" he's actually pretty good, if you look up his stats.  Hmmm.. comparable to Kirk Cousins.  :)  Sure- he's made some bonehead plays, and his occasional lack of pocket presence is maddening... But we weren't asking him to be a Patrick Mahomes either. 

We are where we are not because of Jacoby, but it's because our supposed terrific defense cost us a bunch of games, most notably the epic collapse against the Jets. 

If he's willing, I agree Brissett can be our backup QB for the next few years.  

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

The second game I miss this season, and it's another win? This time an overtime thriller! I hate to admit it, but it seems @hoorta's Mrs and I have something in common...

awkward-umm-what.gif

If you get NFL Network, I'm fairly sure they'll rebroadcast the game later in the week... :)  

• Thanks 1