THE BROWNS BOARD

★ 2022 FINAL FOUR TV SCHEDULE ★ And a MICHIGAN vs OHIO STATE championship game is possible.

mjp28

"THE MATCHUPS"  

#1 GEORGIA  vs  #4 OHIO STATE. 

#2 MICHIGAN   vs  #3  TCU

SO who moves on to the National Championship Game  ?   Who wins it ?   

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎   🏈   ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

BUT  first things first.   The New Year's Eve football schedule.      🏈 

Friday, Dec. 30

No. 23 NC State vs. Maryland — Duke's Mayo Bowl (Charlotte, North Carolina) | 12 p.m. | ESPN
No. 18 UCLA vs. Pitt — Sun Bowl (El Paso, Texas) | 2 p.m. | CBS
No. 19 South Carolina vs. No. 21 Notre Dame — Gator Bowl (Jacksonville, Florida) | 3:30 p.m. | ESPN
Ohio vs. Wyoming — Arizona Bowl (Tucson, Arizona) | 4:30 p.m.| Barstool
No. 6 Tennessee vs. No. 7 Clemson — Orange Bowl (Miami Gardens, Florida) | 8 p.m. | ESPN

★  Saturday, Dec. 31.  <---  The # 1, 2, 3, 4  and  5, 9  teams playing. 

Iowa vs. Kentucky — Music City Bowl (Nashville, Tennessee) | 12 p.m. | ABC
No. 5 Alabama vs. No. 9 Kansas State — Sugar Bowl (New Orleans) | 12 p.m. | ESPN
No. 2 Michigan vs. No. 3 TCU (CFP semifinal) — Fiesta Bowl (Glendale, Arizona) | 4 p.m. | ESPN
No. 1 Georgia vs. No. 4 Ohio State (CFP semifinal) — Peach Bowl (Atlanta) | 8 p.m. | ESPN

Monday, Jan. 2

No. 22 Mississippi State vs. Illinois — ReliaQuest Bowl (Tampa, Florida) | 12 p.m. | ESPN2
No. 17 LSU vs. Purdue — Citrus Bowl (Orlando, Florida) | 1 p.m. | ABC
No. 10 USC vs. No. 16 Tulane — Cotton Bowl (Arlington, Texas) | 1 p.m. | ESPN
No. 8 Utah vs. No. 11 Penn State — Rose Bowl (Pasadena, California) | 5 p.m. | ESPN

★  Sunday, Jan. 8  ★

FCS national championship (Frisco, Texas) | 2 p.m. | ABC.  <--- To be playing here for the #1 team.

Monday, Jan. 9

CFP National Championship Game (Inglewood, California) | ESPN

Who got the best draw ?  An all BIG TEN matchup would be possible and awesome shutting out the SEC. 

Should be fun.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Ohio State will get slaughtered by Georgia.

College Football Playoff odds ....  CBS Sports

No. 1 Georgia (-7) vs. No. 4 Ohio State ..... a remake of The Game "TG2" is possible and would be a really big betting and viewership bonanza.  It's hard to beat a team twice in one year. 
No. 2 Michigan (-9.5) vs. No. 3 TCU.  

And some background information  ......  The oddsmakers view the matchup between the Bulldogs and Buckeyes as the closer of the two games. The reigning national champions have been a machine all season long, finishing off their run with a 50-30 win over LSU in the SEC Championship Game. Meanwhile, Ohio State is coming off of a blowout home loss to rival Michigan. And yet the Buckeyes are a one-touchdown dog. Why? The talent is there for the Buckeyes, but perhaps more importantly, they'll have a month off to prepare and get healthy -- particularly at running back.

TCU isn't getting any respect. The Horned Frogs plowed through arguably the toughest schedule in major college football and found ways to get it done in a variety of different ways. That's a sign of a battle-tested and complete team that deserves to be recognized as a worthy foe, not just a cute little story. Coach Sonny Dykes is one of the most innovative in college football, and a month to look at this Michigan team after grinding it out for two months will undoubtedly serve him well. Michigan is a juggernaut, though. Oddsmakers clearly think that this will be semifinal that isn't that competitive -- something that has happened quite often in the CFP era.

• mjp28 changed the title to ★The 2022 FINAL FOUR ★ And a MICHIGAN vs OHIO STATE championship game is possible.

Won't be long until the bowl game pairings come out then before you know it it's hello. 2023 !    :wub: 

But Christmas is first.    🎄

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I still can’t wrap my head around the the fact that TCU can lose a game and actually go up in the rankings? 🤔

One "BIG"  thing  look at the top 10 teams and Final Four teams ..... besides GEO who's not ALA where are the southern and even the SEC schools this year ?

OSU & UM ?  I think they have to vote South !  Besides TCU isn't that bad.   Just my ideas.   ;)

11 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

If they are ignorant and stupid enough not to pay close attention to Jalen Carter you may be right.

Vegas is cautious on this one -6 1/2 -7.  I think the Buckeyes may surprise. 

The BUCKEYES may do more than suprise they have plenty of motivation,  the 0-2 Michigan thing, the time to heal  their star RB plus the BUCKEYES  have super stars on their team.

I'd take OSU +7.5 in a minute  ..... and wouldn't be that shocked by an OSU win here ..... and a trip against Michigan (who should take care of TCU).  

GO BUCKEYES,  11-1 and hungry ..... baby !

• Upvote 2

• mjp28 changed the title to ★The 2022 FINAL FOUR TV SCHEDULE ★ And a MICHIGAN vs OHIO STATE championship game is possible.
  • mjp28 changed the title to ★ 2022 FINAL FOUR TV SCHEDULE ★ And a MICHIGAN vs OHIO STATE championship game is possible.

That's a good one.   ^^^^^    Some playoff math questions  :

5 ≠ 4 ?     1, 2, 3, 4 > 5 ?   [ 1, 2, 3, 4 ]  does not include  5 ?    

I've long wanted a 16 team playoff system that would include the current half empty Bowls.          Oh well.    :huh:

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

That's a good one.   ^^^^^    Some playoff math questions  :

5 ≠ 4 ?     1, 2, 3, 4 > 5 ?   [ 1, 2, 3, 4 ]  does not include  5 ?    

I've long wanted a 16 team playoff system that would include the current half empty Bowls.          Oh well.    :huh:

I’ve been a big advocate of a D1 playoff system, but the powers that be claim it would take too long.

In that same breath, they’ve been holding D3 football playoffs since….forever?

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I’ve been a big advocate of a D1 playoff system, but the powers that be claim it would take too long.

In that same breath, they’ve been holding D3 football playoffs since….forever?

OH Yes !   It wouldn't be that hard to institute and have it up and running and still use the current bowl game system layout ..... only much more profitably  for the Bowls.   ( NOTE: I remember doing this same proposal maybe 5-10 years ago.  Still essentially the same  -but-   maybe even more profitable  for the schools and bowls.)    The "bumped" teams would look for another bowl or just not make it at 6-6, etc.

Just picture 1/16  2/15 3/14 in these  "boring bowls"  in round 1 just like March Madness'  "Sweet 16".  An instant hit !     🏈

Fri., Dec. 16.  Games 1-8,  16 teams.

1. Bahamas Bowl: UAB vs. Miami (OH), 11:30 a.m., ESPN.  Or Georgia vs LSU ?

2. Cure Bowl: Troy vs. UTSA, 3 p.m., ESPN.  Or Michigan vs Oregon? 

Sat., Dec. 17 or 16

3. Fenway Bowl: Louisville vs. Cincinnati 11 a.m., ESPN. Or TCU vs Tulane ?

4. New Mexico Bowl: BYU vs. SMU, 2:15 p.m., ESPN. Or OHIO STATE  vs FSU ?   And so on .....

5. Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl: Wa St vs. Fr St, 3:30 p.m., ABC. Jimmy Kimmel gets Alabama vs Washington ?   :lol:

6. LendingTree Bowl: Southern Miss vs. Rice, 5:45 p.m., ESPN Or Tennessee vs KST ?

7. Las Vegas Bowl: Florida vs. Oregon State, 7:30 p.m., ABC Or Utah vs Clemson ?

8. Frisco Bowl: North Texas vs. Boise State, 9:15 p.m., ESPN Or USC vs Penn State ?

Mon., Dec. 19

Myrtle Beach Bowl: Marshall vs. UConn, 2:30 p.m., ESPN

This would have been a good year, like most, for a 16 game playoff format.  

And with so much parity in college football that is here for good.   Talent and possibilities are here to stay also...... no more Alabama and a few others now.  A competitive top 8, 10 or more for a good tournament.   Eh ?   🏈      :o

Edited by mjp28