THE BROWNS BOARD

J.O.K to IR

syd

The Browns on Tuesday placed LB Jeremiah Owusu-Kormoah on injured reserve after he suffered a foot injury in Sunday's loss to the Bengals. The move will end his regular season since players on injured reserve have to miss a minimum of four games.

Owusu-Koramoah, a 2021 second-round pick, played 11 games in his second NFL season and totaled 70 tackles, seven tackles for a loss, four pass breakups and two forced fumbles. He was seven tackles shy of eclipsing the mark he set his rookie season.

Owusu-Koramoah is the fourth Browns linebacker to be placed on injured reserve this season, joining Anthony Walker Jr. (quad), Jacob Phillips (pectoral) and Sione Takitaki (knee), who was placed on the list last week. Walker suffered a season-ending injury in Week 3, and Phillips suffered his season-ending injury in Week 7.

Tony Fields II, Jordan Kunasyzk and Reggie Ragland, who was signed off the Raiders' practice squad last week, are the remaining linebackers on the active roster. Jermaine Carter, Tae Davis and Sam Kamara are linebackers on the practice squad.

Tell me if I'm mistaken, or if this has already been covered here, but I am the only one who feels like JOK has regressed this season? Last year, when he was healthy, like he was all over the place. Announcers seemed to keep saying his name. This year, not so much. Syd? Dutch? Zom?

6 minutes ago, alporcini said:

Tell me if I'm mistaken, or if this has already been covered here, but I am the only one who feels like JOK has regressed this season? Last year, when he was healthy, like he was all over the place. Announcers seemed to keep saying his name. This year, not so much. Syd? Dutch? Zom?

it may have I didnt see it 

I don't believe he has regressed but having some D linemen  up front would help his game

14 minutes ago, alporcini said:

I think that's pretty accurate, it does seem like we've heard his name less this season. 

But like syd said, having a better DLine in front of him would really help. He's a smaller, fast, athletic guy who would benefit from a DLine who does a good job "keeping him clean".... that being said, I was pleasantly surprised in his rookie season by how well he got off blocks and made plays. 

He's someone to build around. 

I can’t assess much with this defense we drafted some good man coverage corners but we still sit in zone too often.  

I think JOK would flourish more in an aggressive scheme.  I would like to see him sent more to the QB and the ball carrier rather than getting lost in zone coverage. 

I hear a lot of keeping backers and safeties clean but I see them clean and they make terrible reads or they miss tackles.  So before we get carried away don’t forget we need to fix the second and third levels too- right up the middle 

• Thanks 1