THE BROWNS BOARD

Could Cribbs at #2 be a sign?

Koa

A sign that Mangini/Daboll have been installing an offensive system situated around Quinn's strengths? It's already somewhat obvious but to me it's clear as ice who'll be running out to lead our team this Sunday: BQ. We could have used Massaquoi at the #2 spot but he presents a deeper threat. By developing Cribb's instead we'll be utilizing Quinn's short to intermediate passes in conjunction with Cribb's YAC ability. If these guys can form some chemistry early we'll be opening eyes this year. Just my .02

A sign that Mangini/Daboll have been installing an offensive system situated around Quinn's strengths? It's already somewhat obvious but to me it's clear as ice who'll be running out to lead our team this Sunday: BQ. We could have used Massaquoi at the #2 spot but he presents a deeper threat. By developing Cribb's instead we'll be utilizing Quinn's short to intermediate passes in conjunction with Cribb's YAC ability. If these guys can form some chemistry early we'll be opening eyes this year. Just my .02

I didn't see any of the WildDawg during preseason games. Very surprised that nobody mentioned it. Do you think EM put it to bed OR are we going to see a whole sh_t load of surprises on both sides of the ball?

The plan might be to transition Mass into the #1 next year, and let Braylon take another offer.

WCO is a YAC offense, and this incarnation of Weis offense is said to be pretty WCO. So good point. Furrey is a chains mover and Cribbs is a YAC guy while Braylon is the biggest threat down the field.

It makes sense for the offense the new regime described when they took over.

I didn't see any of the WildDawg during preseason games. Very surprised that nobody mentioned it. Do you think EM put it to bed OR are we going to see a whole sh_t load of surprises on both sides of the ball?

I say Mangini incorporates Cribb's into the offense significantly this year, WildDawg included. Remember #16 can throw too (QB for Kent State).

I like Cribbs at the #2 spot and Furrey in the slot. But I don't think either player matters when naming the starting QB. Brady should have that spot locked up. If not, then I have to start questioning Mangini. We all know the facts surrounding the QB battle. DA clearly got outplayed this preseason, following a dismal season in which he ended up getting benched in favor of Quinn. Brady did nothing to lose the job. DA did nothing to get it back. Quinn is a #1 pick that has showed some promise in his limited time on the field. DA is a 6th rounder that has struggled to show any consistency other than in throwing picks. He is coming off of a season in which he was the worst ranked QB in the entire NFL. DA has almost NO fan support, nor the support of the owner of the team. Brady has a boatload of fan support and is the preferred QB of Randy Lerner. All of the logic points to Quinn regardless of who is the #2 receiver.

Guest Masters

CLE I believe calls it the FLASH package. I thought I saw them run it once during the GB game.

At any rate, I am sure we will see some version of it this season.

That's part of their strategy of having Cribbs on the field as a receiver, they could surprise the defense at any time by putting Cribbs behind center.

Cribbs is a YAC guy while Braylon is the biggest threat down the field.

Good point, but I bet Cribbs has close to the number long balls "thrown to" as Braylon by midseason. He can get lost out there deep if they double Braylon, and that guy is fast. Look for Cribbs deep a couple of attempts early to loosen the defense Sunday, IMO.

But yeah, he is a real threat for YAC because he is a beast to tackle and that stiff arm is n-a-s-t-y!

Guest Masters
Our draft class is looking rather pathetic....are any of them gonna play? Just saw we were given an F in draft and offseason moves with 1 other team

Huh? Who gave CLE an F in draft and offseason moves?

funny though, as i watched our rooks play...i couldn't help but relish in the fact that they didn't look pathetic, and every one actually made the team.

interesting the different views when still upset about not getting your guy.

Our draft class is looking rather pathetic....are any of them gonna play? Just saw we were given an F in draft and offseason moves with 1 other team

I would say it is a bit premature to be rating draft classes.

Lets talk about it in 2-3 years.

Archived