THE BROWNS BOARD

Not dying at First Energy this weekend?

hish747

I'm crazy thinking of taking my teenage boys to this game (It's on the way to visit in-laws in London, Ontario). Looking at the brutal, sub-arctic weather on Saturday with 50mph wind gusts and trying to figure out the best chances of not dying at the game. Are club level seats any better than 100's sections? Any seating with outdoor heaters? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

• hish747 changed the title to Not dying at First Energy this weekend?
2 hours ago, hish747 said:

I'm crazy thinking of taking my teenage boys to this game (It's on the way to visit in-laws in London, Ontario). Looking at the brutal, sub-arctic weather on Saturday with 50mph wind gusts and trying to figure out the best chances of not dying at the game. Are club level seats any better than 100's sections? Any seating with outdoor heaters? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Club seats are tucked under the upper deck, which would shield you from snow, plus the obvious advantage of being able to get warm in the club area whenever you want.

I'd go with those.

I'll be there in section 536 1st row. ....brrrrr.

Upper deck isn't friendly in windy conditions, but then again, -20 wind-chill vs -17 so what lol.

This might be similar to one of the best games I ever saw in person, Browns-Bills 2007.

10 hours ago, hish747 said:

Thanks

insulated coveralls are great - layers are seriously recommended .... a helmet type hat helps immensely. Dad and I once went to a game - it was a blizzard, roaring and really cold. Small crowd - you could sit wherever you wanted. I wore my goofy inflatable browns helmet - it kept the wind off me really well. lol

I've seen people wearing 2-3 pairs of socks with tennis shoes untied, but I wouldn't recommend that - seems their feet would still have to get cold in those conditions. And the air off the lake - really damp - that doesn't help.

5 hours ago, Bob806 said:

This might be similar to one of the best games I ever saw in person, Browns-Bills 2007.

It was an epic game.                                         

• Upvote 1