THE BROWNS BOARD

I hate starting new threads BUT....

I agree with the guy.  Doing a vet DE in FA might be the way to go.  The OLineman is a stretch but I'm sure not please with Wills body of work this year.  I doubt Berry drafts a LT in round 2.  The writer doesn't understand how desperate we are at DT or speed WR.  Schwartz can run fast, but if you tackle him, he'll get hurt.  

Sure it's click bait but what the hell? It's as valid as any opinion from any respected sports reporter you can find anywhere. Or anybody here on the Brown's board that pretends to be an expert . It's actually some pretty obvious stuff.

Replacing overrated malcontent Clowny with a quality end obvious.

An intense football oriented defensive coordinator? Obvious.

Applying some tar and gravel to an offensive line that's starting to look more like Cleveland streets in the Winter time obvious.

Any drunk in any bar can figure that out.

WSS

18 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I just can't believe shit like this gets credible space online.  I huess it shows one can pay their way anywhere

If you've got the cash  (or plastic now) someone will gladly  sell you a ticket.    And P. T. Barnum was 100% right.

One of the required three moves is complete, two more to go and we're Super Bowl bound!

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2023/01/12/3-moves-cleveland-browns-super-bowl-2023/3/

Move No. 3 – Hire an intense defensive coordinator

As much as I love Kevin Stefanski and think he’s a fantastic coach, his biggest weakness is being a motivator and lighting a fire in these players. That isn’t a bad thing, but it stood out on the field last year.

To compensate for that, Stefanski and the Browns need to bring in a fiery defensive coordinator who not only has a great scheme but also has these guys ready to run through a brick wall. I personally like Brian Flores, but I don’t think his scheme works well in Cleveland. The 3-4 could really underutilize a talent like Myles Garrett, and I’m not sure he would have the flexibility to transition to a different position.

As much as it pains me to say, I think Jim Schwartz is a great fit. He’s currently a defensive assistant for the Tennessee Titans but has defensive coordinator and head coach experience in the NFL. I really dislike Schwartz personality because he has always seemed arrogant, but that’s exactly what this team needs now. Schwartz would bring a swag and confidence to this locker room that we haven’t seen in the Stefanski era.

On 1/17/2023 at 12:47 PM, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

One of the required three moves is complete, two more to go and we're Super Bowl bound!

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2023/01/12/3-moves-cleveland-browns-super-bowl-2023/3/

Move No. 3 – Hire an intense defensive coordinator

As much as I love Kevin Stefanski and think he’s a fantastic coach, his biggest weakness is being a motivator and lighting a fire in these players. That isn’t a bad thing, but it stood out on the field last year.

To compensate for that, Stefanski and the Browns need to bring in a fiery defensive coordinator who not only has a great scheme but also has these guys ready to run through a brick wall. I personally like Brian Flores, but I don’t think his scheme works well in Cleveland. The 3-4 could really underutilize a talent like Myles Garrett, and I’m not sure he would have the flexibility to transition to a different position.

As much as it pains me to say, I think Jim Schwartz is a great fit. He’s currently a defensive assistant for the Tennessee Titans but has defensive coordinator and head coach experience in the NFL. I really dislike Schwartz personality because he has always seemed arrogant, but that’s exactly what this team needs now. Schwartz would bring a swag and confidence to this locker room that we haven’t seen in the Stefanski era.

If they let the guy coach.

• Upvote 1