THE BROWNS BOARD

8-8 for the 2009 Browns

BradyQuinn09

I can see us going 8-8 for several reasons. while unproven,this defense has shown in preseason a lot more of an aggressive nature than before. We still have deadly offensive weapons at wide receiver, OL, and,yes,even RB(james Davis and Jerome Harrison)

now, to my game by game explanations.

Week 1 Vs Minnesota Vikings - Loss 27-21

This defense of their's is extremely stout, and will easily stop the run likely. Now, while Brett Favre may not be great, he is a vast improvement over t-jack and Sage Rosenfels. Adrian Peterson will destroy this defense easily, probably for at minimum, 150-200 yards on us. However, the score is close due to heavy Brett Favre turnovers, but the Vikings will use the run game and defense to overcome them.

Week 2 At Denver Broncos - win 31-17

All signs here point to a slaughtering in Denver, but not for us, as they will likely lay an egg against the browns. Kyle Orton is not that good period. the defense sucks, as proved against us last season in Cleveland. I'll admit, we have a history of losing to the donkeys, so this prediction could even be flip-flopped score wise. Our offense should have no trouble moving on this team.

Week 3 At Baltimore Ravens - loss 24-7

I don't expect squat for Cleveland here, and Baltimore has a ferocious defense, despite the age of the players. yes we have scored big o them recently, with 27 and 33 points in 07 and even 27 on them in Cleveland in 08, but this team came one game away from a super bowl appearance, as only Pittspuke ended their season of hope. i fully expect this ravens team to compete for a trip to super bowl 44.

week 4 Vs Cincinnati Bengals - win 31-28

This defense of theirs is not very good, but Rey Maulauga(spelling?) will be good if not great. while they have a dangerous offense still, it is not as good as it used to be, as they traded TJ Houshmanzadeh to the Seahawks. i expect a browns victory here.

Week 5 At Buffalo Bills Win 35-31

I Believe it will be a shootout win here. though it seems bold and surprising, i think Terrell Owens and the bills will put up points easily. but the bills defense is not as lucky. the browns put up 29 on them last year, ad i don't see that changing. plus,you know an offense sucks when they fire their offensive coach before week 1 even.

Week 6 At Pittsburgh Steelers Loss 31-7

This rivalry is garbage anymore as they have destroyed us easily like flies,and with that hellaciously good defense,it ain't changing either.

Week 7 Vs Green Bay Packers - Loss 27-24

As shown in the preseason opener against us, the packers defense is vastly improved from last year, as they showed great pass rush and great,if not elite, offense as well. i expect a close game,but we will lose on a field goal.

Week 8 At Chicago Bears - loss 31-27

Jay Cutler will easily tear us apart. the bears also have a good defense, and that could play a role against us, but we should be able to score anyway. the final score is not as close as it sounds, as only a 4th quarter rally keeps it close here

Week 9 - Bye Week at this point we should be around 3-5

Week 10 Vs Baltimore Ravens on Monday Night Football - Win 27-13

I believe this team will come out swinging, as shown last year, they are far better on primetime. Though they still play a great team, they will squeak one out,as they are not playing the steelers, who almost always have our umber lately. I see Joe Flacco choking here big time.

Week 11 At Detroit Lions - Win 31-0

call me crazy, but as shown in Cleveland in preseason, we were up 20-0 in just one quarter on them. it would not stun me to see us shut out the cats on their home turf, as Matthew Stafford is unproven, and the defense sucks big time. the offense is horrible, and i don't see the lions wining more than 3 games at best.

Week 12 At Cincinnati Bengals - loss 24-14

somehow, we will choke here,as we have a history of choking in the natti since returning in 1999. and for good reason.they play tough at home against us, win or lose.and plus they are gonna be motivated to whip us after the loss they get in cleveland.

Week 13 Vs San Diego Chargers - Loss 35-21

The Chargers feature the 2nd best RB in the league in LT, and he will tear us up. I can see a closer game if Rivers lays an egg,but do not expect a win here guys. and that defense could be stingy.

Week 14 Vs Pittsburgh Steelers on Thursday Night Football - WIN 24-21

yes, i said a win dammit. i see this as motivation for the browns to whip their ass,but they can as easily choke,but if big gay Ben turns it over against us,it could be a long day for the super bowl champs.

Week 15 At Kansas City Chiefs - win 17-10

i don't see a lot of scoring in Kansas City as the Chiefs are tough to beat their, but we should get it done if we contain Cassell, and i think we will.i am not worried about Larry Johnson,as he is declining in my opinion.

Week 16 Vs Oakland Raiders - Win 21-0

I believe this will be shutout #2 for our defense this year, as Al Davis has just killed this garbage team period. j-mac vs Quinn is gonna be won easily by Quinn. ad their defense is garbage.

Week 17 Vs Jacksonville Jaguars - loss 21-17

we have never defeated the jags in Cleveland ever. yes we shut down MJD, but i believe he will gain revenge big time for looking like shit against us in Jacksonville.

we miss the playoffs by 2 games,but have 4 pro bowlers - Braylon Edwards, Joe Thomas, Shaun Rogers, and, surprise, Eric Wright with 7 picks this year.

what do you guys think? and by the way, James Davis will start after the bye week on.

I can see us going 8-8 for several reasons. while unproven,this defense has shown in preseason a lot more of an aggressive nature than before. We still have deadly offensive weapons at wide receiver, OL, and,yes,even RB(james Davis and Jerome Harrison)

now, to my game by game explanations.

Week 1 Vs Minnesota Vikings - Loss 27-21

This defense of their's is extremely stout, and will easily stop the run likely. Now, while Brett Favre may not be great, he is a vast improvement over t-jack and Sage Rosenfels. Adrian Peterson will destroy this defense easily, probably for at minimum, 150-200 yards on us. However, the score is close due to heavy Brett Favre turnovers, but the Vikings will use the run game and defense to overcome them.

Week 2 At Denver Broncos - win 31-17

All signs here point to a slaughtering in Denver, but not for us, as they will likely lay an egg against the browns. Kyle Orton is not that good period. the defense sucks, as proved against us last season in Cleveland. I'll admit, we have a history of losing to the donkeys, so this prediction could even be flip-flopped score wise. Our offense should have no trouble moving on this team.

Week 3 At Baltimore Ravens - loss 24-7

I don't expect squat for Cleveland here, and Baltimore has a ferocious defense, despite the age of the players. yes we have scored big o them recently, with 27 and 33 points in 07 and even 27 on them in Cleveland in 08, but this team came one game away from a super bowl appearance, as only Pittspuke ended their season of hope. i fully expect this ravens team to compete for a trip to super bowl 44.

week 4 Vs Cincinnati Bengals - win 31-28

This defense of theirs is not very good, but Rey Maulauga(spelling?) will be good if not great. while they have a dangerous offense still, it is not as good as it used to be, as they traded TJ Houshmanzadeh to the Seahawks. i expect a browns victory here.

Week 5 At Buffalo Bills Win 35-31

I Believe it will be a shootout win here. though it seems bold and surprising, i think Terrell Owens and the bills will put up points easily. but the bills defense is not as lucky. the browns put up 29 on them last year, ad i don't see that changing. plus,you know an offense sucks when they fire their offensive coach before week 1 even.

Week 6 At Pittsburgh Steelers Loss 31-7

This rivalry is garbage anymore as they have destroyed us easily like flies,and with that hellaciously good defense,it ain't changing either.

Week 7 Vs Green Bay Packers - Loss 27-24

As shown in the preseason opener against us, the packers defense is vastly improved from last year, as they showed great pass rush and great,if not elite, offense as well. i expect a close game,but we will lose on a field goal.

Week 8 At Chicago Bears - loss 31-27

Jay Cutler will easily tear us apart. the bears also have a good defense, and that could play a role against us, but we should be able to score anyway. the final score is not as close as it sounds, as only a 4th quarter rally keeps it close here

Week 9 - Bye Week at this point we should be around 3-5

Week 10 Vs Baltimore Ravens on Monday Night Football - Win 27-13

I believe this team will come out swinging, as shown last year, they are far better on primetime. Though they still play a great team, they will squeak one out,as they are not playing the steelers, who almost always have our umber lately. I see Joe Flacco choking here big time.

Week 11 At Detroit Lions - Win 31-0

call me crazy, but as shown in Cleveland in preseason, we were up 20-0 in just one quarter on them. it would not stun me to see us shut out the cats on their home turf, as Matthew Stafford is unproven, and the defense sucks big time. the offense is horrible, and i don't see the lions wining more than 3 games at best.

Week 12 At Cincinnati Bengals - loss 24-14

somehow, we will choke here,as we have a history of choking in the natti since returning in 1999. and for good reason.they play tough at home against us, win or lose.and plus they are gonna be motivated to whip us after the loss they get in cleveland.

Week 13 Vs San Diego Chargers - Loss 35-21

The Chargers feature the 2nd best RB in the league in LT, and he will tear us up. I can see a closer game if Rivers lays an egg,but do not expect a win here guys. and that defense could be stingy.

Week 14 Vs Pittsburgh Steelers on Thursday Night Football - WIN 24-21

yes, i said a win dammit. i see this as motivation for the browns to whip their ass,but they can as easily choke,but if big gay Ben turns it over against us,it could be a long day for the super bowl champs.

Week 15 At Kansas City Chiefs - win 17-10

i don't see a lot of scoring in Kansas City as the Chiefs are tough to beat their, but we should get it done if we contain Cassell, and i think we will.i am not worried about Larry Johnson,as he is declining in my opinion.

Week 16 Vs Oakland Raiders - Win 21-0

I believe this will be shutout #2 for our defense this year, as Al Davis has just killed this garbage team period. j-mac vs Quinn is gonna be won easily by Quinn. ad their defense is garbage.

Week 17 Vs Jacksonville Jaguars - loss 21-17

we have never defeated the jags in Cleveland ever. yes we shut down MJD, but i believe he will gain revenge big time for looking like shit against us in Jacksonville.

we miss the playoffs by 2 games,but have 4 pro bowlers - Braylon Edwards, Joe Thomas, Shaun Rogers, and, surprise, Eric Wright with 7 picks this year.

what do you guys think? and by the way, James Davis will start after the bye week on.

Take your psych meds and call me in January.

Good analysis, although I really don't see the season playing out so nicely for us. You did make me wonder one thing though, Do you thing the Raiders fans lament taking Russell over Quinn the way that some on this board wish we would have taken Peterson instead of Thomas?

yep,the raider nation proclaims dipshit russellas god, but we all know he is a big bust.

i expect quin to be the better qb,and when they beat the raiders,it'll be proven.

at the time, the OL was our biggest need. if we had gotten peterson then we probably would have ruined him,as the line wasn't that good then.but now, we'd succeed with him here.

Archived