THE BROWNS BOARD

The Eagles

Westside Steve

1 hour ago, Orion said:

IMO, it is the Eagles that we are trying to become.

Yes I wish our team was tough like them... The Browns are SOFT!

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

I really don't care WHO wins the Super Bowl now that the Bungles aren't in it .   :)

Fuck the Bungholios!

I recommend Eagles haters to remain their distance from any TV screen come Superbowl Sunday, because I predict they completely dominate. Their reliance on defense and the run will not allow for a historic points margin, but KC will just feel out of it. Especially when Philly gets a lead.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

I recommend Eagles haters to remain their distance from any TV screen come Superbowl Sunday, because I predict they completely dominate. Their reliance on defense and the run will not allow for a historic points margin, but KC will just feel out of it. Especially when Philly gets a lead.

Yeah... About as good as Burrowhead... Don't count your chickens,,, Did you see how cocky Cincitucky was?... Its gonna be a lot closer than you think... The Chiefs have been to the dance and won too... Phiily still has to prove themselves... You can throw all the records and what not out the window... Lets see what a two week rest does... pound for pound Philly might have a better team... I still think Reid is the better coach ... At this point...

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, nickers said:

Yeah... About as good as Burrowhead... Don't count your chickens,,, Did you see how cocky Cincitucky was?... Its gonna be a lot closer than you think... The Chiefs have been to the dance and won too... Phiily still has to prove themselves... You can throw all the records and what not out the window... Lets see what a two week rest does... pound for pound Philly might have a better team... I still think Reid is the better coach ... At this point...

Happy to stand by my prediction, and be proven wrong. Let's see.

Just mightily impressed with what I've seen from Philly the past few games. League leading D; relentless rushing and just enough passing to keep the opposing D on its' toes. Everything you would hope to see from the Browns, really.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Happy to stand by my prediction, and be proven wrong. Let's see.

Just mightily impressed with what I've seen from Philly the past few games. League leading D; relentless rushing and just enough passing to keep the opposing D on its' toes. Everything you would hope to see from the Browns, really.  

Yeah... They have Sirianni who I really like and we have a dimwit like Shitpantski..

Eagles hire Andrew Berry’s twin brother away from Goldman Sachs

https://sports.yahoo.com/eagles-hire-andrew-berry-twin-222157258.html

This one will make you do a double-take. The Philadelphia Eagles have hired the twin brother of Andrew Berry, who is the general manager of the Cleveland Browns. Adam Berry, a former managing director at Goldman Sachs, is set to join the Eagles this offseason. Andrew previously worked under general manager Howie Roseman in Philadelphia before he was hired as the general manager of the Brown

Regarding them Bungles...  I really don't feel your pain....  But I do relate... We had "Red Right 88", "The Drive", and "The Fumble".....  You now have "The Shove".... let me know when you catch up in the one step away heartbreak department....  

Oh, I get it, the Super Bowl choke itis ... At least you got there.... 

• Upvote 2

On 1/30/2023 at 8:44 PM, hoorta said:

Regarding them Bungles...  I really don't feel your pain....  But I do relate... We had "Red Right 88", "The Drive", and "The Fumble".....  You now have "The Shove".... let me know when you catch up in the one step away heartbreak department....  

Almost does not count!

Never Forget (73 years later lol)

When I was growing up, my Dad told me I could like any team I want except the Eagles, Lions, & NY Giants. 

The Lions never bothered me, but yes Dad (RIP), I still hate Philly & the NYGiants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

When I was growing up, my Dad told me I could like any team I want except the Eagles, Lions, & NY Giants. 

The Lions never bothered me, but yes Dad (RIP), I still hate Philly & the NYGiants.

So nice to see the Top 75 BROWNS Moments again,  I could just sit back and go through the entire list over again.  Reminds me of the 75 good  reasons here and many more for being a Cleveland BROWNS fan.

Even ones like this I was 19 when Pete Rozelle and others brought about the great merger between the pass happy AFL and the old and legendary NFL football league.  But then the dividing and merging and oh-no say it's not so ...... our legendary BROWNS  now in the AFC and even with the pitiful Pittsburgh steelers who from 1933 to 1970 had  never  ever won even  one  single playoff game.

And CLE, CIN, PIT in the same division with HOU ?  Why ?  Not a NE USA team like BUF, DET, NE, even GB, oh well done and gone now.  But at the time I thought it was just poor planning when I was 19.

31. The Browns and Steelers are placed in a new AFC Central division along with the Houston Oilers and Cincinnati Bengals in 1970 to become part of the new American Football Conference (AFC).

• Upvote 1

On 1/30/2023 at 8:44 PM, hoorta said:

Yes, this.

This is the thing that's impossible for me to grasp....regarding the "NFL is fixed" crowd. I really have a hard time believing the NFL is intentionally fixing games. You'd think that if they were, teams like the Browns & the Lions would have been in the Super Bowl by now. Good fan bases, you would think (hope) that they'd be "rewarded" at some point?

Yes, I do think the Browns got screwed on Karlis's wide-left in 1987, but for goodness sake our team's been back for 23 years now, and only 3 playoff seasons. Yep, the Browns get screwed on calls quite a bit (probably more than most), but ultimately its the front office that puts garbage on the field. 

Sorry I ventured off topic, just had to vent this morning I guess😁

On 2/1/2023 at 5:16 PM, Bob806 said:

Being somewhat ignorant about the history of Football, care to elaborate why those 3 teams specifically? Even though I'm kinda on board with NY already. 

13 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Being somewhat ignorant about the history of Football, care to elaborate why those 3 teams specifically? Even though I'm kinda on board with NY already. 

The NY Giants, Lions, & Eagles were big rivals of the Browns (as were the LA Rams, nee CLE Rams who left CLE). Of course, the NFL was much smaller than it is today.

The Lions beat the Browns a few times in the NFL title game in the 50s. So my dad hated that ( similar to my issues with Denver lol). The Browns did avenge a couple of those losses eventually, beating the Lions in a championship game. 

If you happened to read that article, the Eagles coach totally disrespected the Browns & the old AAFC, figuring it was minor league football merging with the NFL. Paul Brown used it as motivation, and probably got the fan base fired up as well.

If you ever get a chance to read up, there's a few cool Browns books out there like "PB, the Paul Brown Story" or "Day By Day in Cleveland Browns History," and they touch on the early days of Browns football. Warning- "False Start," by Terry Pluto will get you fired up, be careful lol (it's about the rebirth of the Browns after Art's crime).

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/3/2023 at 7:06 AM, Bob806 said:

The NY Giants, Lions, & Eagles were big rivals of the Browns (as were the LA Rams, nee CLE Rams who left CLE). Of course, the NFL was much smaller than it is today.

The Lions beat the Browns a few times in the NFL title game in the 50s. So my dad hated that ( similar to my issues with Denver lol). The Browns did avenge a couple of those losses eventually, beating the Lions in a championship game. 

If you happened to read that article, the Eagles coach totally disrespected the Browns & the old AAFC, figuring it was minor league football merging with the NFL. Paul Brown used it as motivation, and probably got the fan base fired up as well.

If you ever get a chance to read up, there's a few cool Browns books out there like "PB, the Paul Brown Story" or "Day By Day in Cleveland Browns History," and they touch on the early days of Browns football. Warning- "False Start," by Terry Pluto will get you fired up, be careful lol (it's about the rebirth of the Browns after Art's crime).

I should add.. Our long time poster and now RIP guy the Gipper added on.... In 1950 the NFL commissioner was so disgusted the the "Minor League" AAFC Browns were joining the NFL, he made sure all the Browns records previous to that never officially counted. But 15 or so years later, the old AFL records DO count.  Never mind the Browns beat the reining NFL champs (the Eagles) twice that year.  :)   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2