THE BROWNS BOARD

MANGINI not Mangina

car ramrod

We havent even played 1 regular season game yeat and some of you are already starting the trend that Cleveland fans are known for.

You know its funny when I see people on this board post "mangina". Fellas this mentality is why we always have a different Browns coach every couple years.

From day one he has done a great job. Just a couple of things

1.Just to get out of the top 5 in the draft for finacial reasons (which every team was trying to do) and then turn around and get a starting S, DE and C and a couple later draft picks ( I think James Davis was one of them in the 6th or maybe it was that Carey kid) and a couple of backups Mosley (which is very good) and Ratliff. That was alot of "and a"

2.Changed the atmosphere around here by having tough and physical practices. More discipline on making boneheaded plays by making them run laps. HOLDING PLAYERS ACCOUNTABLE. Which we should be more physical in a physical division.

3.Staying true to his word on everything. Does not fold like a paper cup when media / fans talk about him in negative way. Great quality. No matter what you guys said about not naming a starter, it does take alot of time to prepare for two different starters that have different games. This year we need every advantage that we can get. I think JasonJ summed it up the best in one of his posts.

4. Flip flopping 1's, 2's and 3's IMO is a smart move. Get people used to playing with each other. We all know injuries will occur. And I think we have more depth this year and guys playing with each other often only helps.

All in all we need to stick with one guy and let him build something. AND SO FAR HE IS DOING A GREAT JOB WITH THE HAND HE WAS DEALT. And SOME of us are showing no love.

We still could have Romeo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We havent even played 1 regular season game yeat and some of you are already starting the trend that Cleveland fans are known for.

You know its funny when I see people on this board post "mangina". Fellas this mentality is why we always have a different Browns coach every couple years.

1.Just to get out of the top 5 in the draft for finacial reasons (which every team was trying to do) and then turn around and get a starting S, DE and C and a couple later draft picks ( I think James Davis was one of them in the 6th or maybe it was that Carey kid) and a couple of backups Mosley (which is very good) and Ratliff. That was alot of "and a"

2.Changed the atmosphere around here by having tough and physical practices. More discipline on making boneheaded plays by making them run laps. HOLDING PLAYERS ACCOUNTABLE. Which we should be more physical in a physical division.

3.Staying true to his word on everything. Does not fold like a paper cup when media / fans talk about him in negative way. Great quality. No matter what you guys said about not naming a starter, it does take alot of time to prepare for two different starters that have different games. This year we need every advantage that we can get. I think JasonJ summed it up the best in one of his posts.

4. Flip flopping 1's, 2's and 3's IMO is a smart move. Get people used to playing with each other. We all know injuries will occur. And I think we have more depth this year and guys playing with each other often only helps.

All in all we need to stick with one guy and let him build something. AND SO FAR HE IS DOING A GREAT JOB WITH THE HAND HE WAS DEALT. And SOME of us are showing no love.

Personally, I find the play on his name offensive but that's just me.

Personally, I find the play on his name offensive but that's just me.

To me its not offensive. It goes to show that some people have no brain cells. WE NEVER LEARN. We can talk all the bad shit we want about pittsburgh but at the end of the day how many coaches have they had?

There were down times and good times. Stick with it

Its a flavor of the moment thing and such an excellent name to characterize currently to me he is mangenius but to lums he is likely mangina or mangoonie a week ago to me he was mangina but i love the guy regardless he has been a near perfect coach and brought in a great staff as well...;)

Its a flavor of the moment thing and such an excellent name to characterize currently to me he is mangenius but to lums he is likely mangina or mangoonie a week ago to me he was mangina but i love the guy regardless he has been a near perfect coach and brought in a great staff as well...;)

Yes. I forgot to mention the staff. I think by far the best group of coaches we have had for some time.

I have followed this coach a long time; I think that it's hard to listen to the media rake him over the coals but he brings it on himself. He really DOESN'T care. In NY, it was his undoing because the loudmouthed media there influences everyone from Joe Fan to the owner. I personally think that he'll make his mistakes as any coach will but you have to seek out the media outlets that are fair. Do they praise when he does something well or do they just dwell on everything in a negative light?

Some very knowledgeable and well-respected NFL people really like Eric Mangini. For me, when he got Ernie Accorsi's seal of approval in addition to the Tuna's....that's good enough for me.

Having heard him talk X's and O's, he's a very bright guy. I think that Cleveland is lucky to have him.

All this crap about Mangie I find hilarious. Bill Belichick was the biggest asswipe to the fans and media that any city has ever seen. He talked down to people and condescended everybody when he did speak. He only had a couple friends in the media and that's because they never asked him anything of substance.

No matter how dickie Mangie is it won't come anywhere near what BB did here. Also, what did RAC 'n ROLLS ever say? I heard Mangie and Kok talk more football on draft day then RAC did his whole tenure here.

Mangie knows how rabid this fanbase is and he won't treat it like a kid. BB looked at this as nothing more than a job with a mission to accomplish, he had no idea what he was getting into.

Listen to Mangie speak, he talks football and that is refreshing to me. he just doesn't like a bunch of drama and stupid shit. He can't hide the injuries anymore and the QB thing is settled for now, so we'll see him open up a little bit more. He's doing everything humanly possible to win this game, it's been his focal point since he got here.

That's what it is. It has nothing to do with the perrenial suckitude that is placed on the field each and every year.

When I see results on the field, I'll believe he has done a great job. We thought RAC changed the attitude around here. He did. For the worse.

Archived