THE BROWNS BOARD

flex coming to Monday night

syd

Flex scheduling comes to MNF

North also announced news that some fans will like even more. Starting in 2023, MNF games from Weeks 14-18 will finally be subject to flex scheduling.

While that could be bad news for fans who will try to attend games that were originally scheduled for Monday night, North said that they plan to schedule those December MNF games the same way they handle "Sunday Night Football" games. When a game is placed in one of those prime time spots, it's a game they're "counting on" to be played. North said that they flex games into SNF very rarely, and they plan to use the same philosophy with MNF.

So essentially, the changes for 2023 amount to more prime time football on Monday nights, and the possibility of seeing games with major playoff implications played in prime time in December. Hopefully the world is ready for more MNF by the time 2023 rolls around.

I guess it depends.  If a game is slated to be played and moved to Sunday, I guess that isn't a huge problem.  If a game is to be played on Sunday and moved to Monday, that could be a big problem for fans.  At least those who go to games.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I guess it depends.  If a game is slated to be played and moved to Sunday, I guess that isn't a huge problem.  If a game is to be played on Sunday and moved to Monday, that could be a big problem for fans.  At least those who go to games.

Agree. 

Flexing a Sunday afternoon game to Sunday night isn't a huge thing, but completely switching dates can create a problem for the diehards who travel to road games to back their teams- another night in a hotel perhaps. Even local fans who may have to work Tuesday.

12 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Agree. 

Flexing a Sunday afternoon game to Sunday night isn't a huge thing, but completely switching dates can create a problem for the diehards who travel to road games to back their teams- another night in a hotel perhaps. Even local fans who may have to work Tuesday.

i believe they will give teams at least 3 weeks notice 

12 hours ago, syd said:

i believe they will give teams at least 3 weeks notice 

I hope so. 

The MNF games can be duds. The NFL tries to project good games based off the prior season, but sometimes factors come into play like injuries, or just a bad team. 

Who would have thought the Rams would fall so far after winninng a SB?