THE BROWNS BOARD

Bubba

Pavo Joe

7 hours ago, Orion said:

For some reason, I think of him as 'Ray'.  

Ditto because I don't ever recall the "Bubba" moniker... But whatevers...

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, nickers said:

Ray is a Jr.  His father Ray is a convicted union boss, so maybe around the time that was going down, Ray Jr. decided he would rather go with the name his family possibly called him around the house to avoid confusion.

Most people called Bubba aren't legally named Bubba....most are a Jr. or it is a term of endearment.

6 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

Ray is a Jr.  His father Ray is a convicted union boss, so maybe around the time that was going down, Ray Jr. decided he would rather go with the name his family possibly called him around the house to avoid confusion.

Most people called Bubba aren't legally named Bubba....most are a Jr. or it is a term of endearment.

I used to call my maternal Grandmother "Bubba" In Croatian "Grandma/Grandmother is "Baka" So my mom would say"Were going to see "Bubba"..It always made me laugh... I had a speech impediment when I was younger due to being Hearing Impaired and having a split pallet.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

That's exactly where I'm at.    By the way, my new (lightly used) Gibson SG Special came in yesterday.  Today after work, I get to open the box.   :)   Inspection card dated 4/22/22.   Is it tonight yet?  :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orion said:

That's exactly where I'm at.    By the way, my new (lightly used) Gibson SG Special came in yesterday.  Today after work, I get to open the box.   :)   Inspection card dated 4/22/22.   Is it tonight yet?  :) 

Awesome... I'm looking forward to getting a new Harley Benton knock off Ovation classical.. My Yamaha classical is a bitch to play solos on.. But its a great ,woody and warm sounding guitar... But the string action is a bit too high and I want access to the higher frets..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nickers said:

I used to call my maternal Grandmother "Bubba" In Croatian "Grandma/Grandmother is "Baka" So my mom would say"Were going to see "Bubba"..It always made me laugh... I had a speech impediment when I was younger due to being Hearing Impaired and having a split pallet.

Actually, your speech impediment didn't make your pronunciation wrong.  "Buba" was a widely used nickname for grandmother among many Eastern European languages including Croatian.

We also said "baba". I remember as a kid when were going over to visit buba and dedo...grandma and grandpa.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, FY56 said:

Actually, your speech impediment didn't make your pronunciation wrong.  "Buba" was a widely used nickname for grandmother among many Eastern European languages including Croatian.

We also said "baba". I remember as a kid when were going over to visit buba and dedo...grandma and grandpa.

Thanks.  I seem to recall that as a young child a friend of mine who parents were from Estonia was always talking about his Buba.

21 hours ago, nickers said:

Awesome... I'm looking forward to getting a new Harley Benton knock off Ovation classical.. My Yamaha classical is a bitch to play solos on.. But its a great ,woody and warm sounding guitar... But the string action is a bit too high and I want access to the higher frets..

22 hours ago, Orion said:

Benton, Gibson, Yamaha!!??  Pffffffttt. Next Tuesday I'M taking my new GP 100 out for a fine tuning. First to figure that out gets a free lesson on it from an expert, yours truly.🤗  

PS-Sounds like VICTORY!!

8 hours ago, FY56 said:

Yeah , I remember calling her Baba as well.. Grandpa was Dida.. My uncle has written a book called "Dida the Immigrant". It's his personal account of the attrocities that went on in the balkan countries during WWII and the fight against Communism.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, nickers said:

Yeah , I remember calling her Baba as well.. Grandpa was Dida.. My uncle has written a book called "Dida the Immigrant". It's his personal account of the attrocities that went on in the balkan countries during WWII and the fight against Communism.

Wow!   We both had authors in our families.  My grandfather "Deda" emigrated to Canada just before the breakout of the first world war. Because of his foreign citizenship he had been held in a Canadian internment camp...similar to what we did to the Japs in WWII. He eventually made his way to the US.

He had written a book about his travels titled "Under Native and Foreign Skies".  Only until a few years ago my brother began the process of having the book translated into English.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/24/2023 at 8:52 AM, nickers said:

and I want access to the higher frets..

Then I suggest an SG.  There ain't a note on that neck that you can't play.  I'll post a pic of it and it's brother (exact same color) in the other forum soonish.  :) 

• Upvote 1

On 2/24/2023 at 6:51 AM, ballpeen said:

Browns to hire Bill Musgrave as offensive assistant

Posted by Myles Simmons on February 26, 2023, 6:11 PM EST

The Browns are adding to their coaching staff.

Cleveland is hiring Bill Musgrave as an offensive assistant, according to Mike Garafolo of NFL Media.

Musgrave had spent the last three seasons as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Cal. But Musgrave had been coaching in the league since 1997. He was most recently with the Broncos, first as quarterbacks coach in 2017 before he was promoted to offensive coordinator and served in that role through the 2018 season.

Musgrave has also served as an offensive coordinator for the Eagles, Vikings, Jaguars, and Raiders.

Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski previously worked with Musgrave from 2011-2013 with the Vikings. Musgrave was in his second stint with the team as offensive coordinator and Stefanski was the club’s assistant quarterbacks coach.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Orion said:

That's a pretty high powered assistant, no?

Musgrave is WCO... He was taught by Bill Walsh and was a backup to Montana/Young... Great hire!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Orion said:

We were at an air B&B in San Marcos a few years back.  Four or five head of cattle on the premises.  

Even better. Free lesson at that B&B plus a hindquarter each to take home after practice.😋

Funny thing is I have access to a free shooting range from another VN Vet friend who just tells me not to shoot his cattle. And when I call him to let him know I'm leaving I sometimes say the meat looks like in might turn out Prime.🐮