THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Schedule Release

Bob806

BEREA, Ohio -- Browns fans eager to watch training camp will have to wait a little longer than usual this year.The team will start training camp at The Greenbrier in West Virginia, but their practices there from July 22-30 will be closed to the public.

“With the Browns reporting to camp a week early to prepare for the Hall of Fame game, the teams is finalizing plans to hold the early portion of their training camp at the Greenbrier in West Virginia,” a Browns spokesman said. “Practices at The Greenbrier won’t be open to the public but the team will host a slate of open practices once they return to Berea. Full training camp plans won’t be finalized until the preseason schedule is released next month. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

BEREA, Ohio -- Browns fans eager to watch training camp will have to wait a little longer than usual this year.

The team will start training camp at The Greenbrier in West Virginia, but their practices there from July 22-30 will be closed to the public.

“With the Browns reporting to camp a week early to prepare for the Hall of Fame game, the teams is finalizing plans to hold the early portion of their training camp at the Greenbrier in West Virginia,” a Browns spokesman said. “Practices at The Greenbrier won’t be open to the public but the team will host a slate of open practices once they return to Berea. Full training camp plans won’t be finalized until the preseason schedule is released next month.

that kinda sucks fan's can't get in cause that it one cool place to vacation

On 5/5/2023 at 3:26 PM, syd said:

so for a real good lower level seat for a Browns game how much ?  cause in Seattle they go from 250 to 300

Probably about the same.  I linked the seat viewer to the stadium from the Browns web page.  You can change views to scroll over various sections and price per season ticket, though the pricing is the same for either side of the stadium .Divide by 10 to give you the face value per seat.  At least the base price.  Premuim games might show a little higher, some games a little lower, but that gets you the average price per ticket.

Heading in from Seattle I doubt you are going to want to wait for last minute price drops, so expect to pay more per ticket.  Even if you don't find a seat right away but have figured out when you want to go....book a room ASAP if you want to stay downtown, especially if it is a night game.  As long as you book a room which you can cancel, you can always do that...and you can always find a ticket if price isn't a total concern.

PM me if you want some advice on places to stay.  Over the last 16 years of holding my seats, i have stayed in a lot of hotels downtown and the surrounding area.

• Thanks 1

I’m doing SOFI this year and the Rams game.  Hoping it is any date prior to Thanksgiving.  I have some relatives coming in we are doing the “Booze” Liner from San Diego to LA.  4 hours on a train with a stashed away bourbon flask and 12 dollar beers could be dangerous 

The ride home is going to be glorious IF we win. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/30/2023 at 4:55 PM, syd said:

that kinda sucks fan's can't get in cause that it one cool place to vacation

Wish it was open to us fans. Never been there but close to where I moved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dusty said:

Wish it was open to us fans. Never been there but close to where I moved.

Yeah.  Tough break for ya.  They really should've had one or two open for the area Browns fans.  Wouldn't hurt to promote the brand over there.  (that your dog in the avatar?)

19 hours ago, JPPT1974 said:

Just hope that they can really get back to winning now that Watson is back now full time!

Wouldn't it be nice...

This will be Watson's second training camp with the team.  Much is expected of him.  Berry publicly said as much.  That kid is under a ton of pressure.  A segment of society hates him.  One accuser will not settle her case.  If he does well, well, he was supposed to.  Pretty close to a no win situation for him. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Wouldn't it be nice...

This will be Watson's second training camp with the team.  Much is expected of him.  Berry publicly said as much.  That kid is under a ton of pressure.  A segment of society hates him.  One accuser will not settle her case.  If he does well, well, he was supposed to.  Pretty close to a no win situation for him. 

He won the - I got paid all the guaranteed money and now 95% of all free agent QBs are aspiring to be in my financial situation.

there are no excuses…he’s got a line, Nick Chubb and a good collection of WR.  If he fails it’s on him or we may point to Stefanski if his playcalling is suspect again.

Joe Woods was on the hot seat this year.

This year it’s Stefanski.

The following year is Berry and Watson 

59 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

no excuses

I hear ya.  

But it's not his fault that his agent got him 256mil guaranteed.  I mean, what would I say if my agent said, "Here's the deal, I can get you 256 mil guaranteed." ?    I'd say, "Are you kddin' me?!"   

Yes, he's got an OLine.  But it wasn't working to the high caliber play of previous years.  There were injuries last year...but injuries are not uncommon.  

They drafted him a WR with their 1st pick.  But in theory, he was the 74th best player in the draft.  He may not contribute too much too soon.  And they traded for Elijah Moore.   We'll have to wait and see how good Moore is.  

They've tried to get Watson offensive weapons while still fixing the gaping holes in the D.  Berry's done a lot to try and take away any excuses for not being able to put up points and win games.   Because, he and everyone else knows, they're supposed to win NOW.   ( no pressure )  :)

To the schedule, I hope we play our final few games on the road in warmer weather.  We suck in the cold weather.  

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

I hope we play our final few games on the road in warmer weather.  We suck in the cold weather.  

That's because Shitmypantsky is too stupid to use the best back in the NFL at his disposal...

13 minutes ago, nickers said:

That's because Shitmypantsky is too stupid to use the best back in the NFL at his disposal...

Or, it's because we had three perfect TD passes fall incomplete because the ball slipped right through frozen fingers twice, and a receiver slip and fall as the ball was in the air.

That and because the middle of our D could not stop the running game and wild-cat of the crippled Saints.  That game pissed me off.  Home Field Advantage.  The Frozen Tundra.  And the crippled, domed Saints beat us.  

14 hours ago, Orion said:

I hear ya.  

But it's not his fault that his agent got him 256mil guaranteed.  I mean, what would I say if my agent said, "Here's the deal, I can get you 256 mil guaranteed." ?    I'd say, "Are you kddin' me?!"   

Yes, he's got an OLine.  But it wasn't working to the high caliber play of previous years.  There were injuries last year...but injuries are not uncommon.  

They drafted him a WR with their 1st pick.  But in theory, he was the 74th best player in the draft.  He may not contribute too much too soon.  And they traded for Elijah Moore.   We'll have to wait and see how good Moore is.  

They've tried to get Watson offensive weapons while still fixing the gaping holes in the D.  Berry's done a lot to try and take away any excuses for not being able to put up points and win games.   Because, he and everyone else knows, they're supposed to win NOW.   ( no pressure )  :)

To the schedule, I hope we play our final few games on the road in warmer weather.  We suck in the cold weather.  

Sure it’s not his fault he got the money.  But Ownership, coaches, teammates and fans aren’t going to think or say that. 

There is nothing wrong with the line and we have a great coach.  The WR room has now assembled talent with varied skill sets- speed, hands, route running- big…small.  That’s the way you want to assemble that room.  They gave him a security blanket Akins and you have Njoku with an elite catch radius….and then you have Chubb.  As long as Kevin doesn’t shit down his own leg at the worst possible times with “cute” playcalling- it is all there for him 

On 5/10/2023 at 9:30 PM, Orion said:

I hear ya.  

And the deal is, the guarantee doesn't mean a whole lot.  Teams don't move off QBs soon.  If you also note, Watson isn't the highest paid QB.  All these guys are getting 250 mil contracts.  It is the going rate, like it or not.

As for injury, all teams wait a year or two if their guy gets hurt, with the hope he comes back strong.  If it is a career ending injury, teams have insurance on those top dollar players.

Too much is being made out of the guarantee and dollar mount.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ballpeen said:

And the deal is, the guarantee doesn't mean a whole lot.  Teams don't move off QBs soon.  If you also note, Watson isn't the highest paid QB.  All these guys are getting 250 mil contracts.  It is the going rate, like it or not.

As for injury, all teams wait a year or two if their guy gets hurt, with the hope he comes back strong.  If it is a career ending injury, teams have insurance on those top dollar players.

Too much is being made out of the guarantee and dollar mount.

And he's going to keep going down the list of highest-paid QBs... there's a handful of young QBs - lead by Joe Burrow - that will probably easily surpass what Watson gets per year. And like you've said, how many of these QBs get a big contract and then are released? 

But if Watson doesn't get back to his Texans-level, it will be a moo point.