THE BROWNS BOARD

Still not at peace yet with statues

Jax

I give the triggered left the benefit of the doubt that at least they knew the names of some of the statues that they were triggered by all of the sudden. That was probably a mistake,  I bet the vast majority had no idea who any of the statues represented, not even George Washington or Columbus.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/06/erasing-history-statue-revolutionary-war-hero-removed-city/

Now, the city hall in Albany, NY has removed a statue of Philip Schuyler, a Revolutionary War hero and the father-in-law of Alexander Hamilton.

The people behind this move claim it was because Schuyler owned slaves, but that is nothing more than a progressive excuse to tear down American symbols. That argument is straight off of a liberal college campus.

Chipper said it best....7 of 10 citizens of Albany couldn't ID Schuyler and 9 out of 10 wouldn't have known he was a slave owner. These kooks do not know to be offended until someone tells them to be offended. And they say Trump / MAGA is a cult....

10 hours ago, Jax said:

I give the triggered left the benefit of the doubt that at least they knew the names of some of the statues that they were triggered by all of the sudden. That was probably a mistake,  I bet the vast majority had no idea who any of the statues represented, not even George Washington or Columbus.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/06/erasing-history-statue-revolutionary-war-hero-removed-city/

Now, the city hall in Albany, NY has removed a statue of Philip Schuyler, a Revolutionary War hero and the father-in-law of Alexander Hamilton.

The people behind this move claim it was because Schuyler owned slaves, but that is nothing more than a progressive excuse to tear down American symbols. That argument is straight off of a liberal college campus.

Chipper said it best....7 of 10 citizens of Albany couldn't ID Schuyler and 9 out of 10 wouldn't have known he was a slave owner. These kooks do not know to be offended until someone tells them to be offended. And they say Trump / MAGA is a cult....

It's a culture war - and heroes in history are part of our culture. I was watching documentaries about heroes (and heroines) of the revolutionary war. Jefferson had slaves, but was seriously conflicted and wanted them freed. Washington was the main reason the revolutionary war succeeded against a far superior british army. Benjamin Franklin played a huge role. Many, many heroes. They weren't perfect people, but they sacrificed greatly to create a free nation.

but they don't teach history anymore in liberal school systems. Not much math. But they teach anti-God, hate for America isntead. woodpecker and the rest are results of that perversion. They just hate, and they can't explain why - they just revel in the notoriety of feelings of grandeur via social media. They are so screwed up they would welcome living in a communist state. And will never realize how stupid they are until they end up in said communist state.

The left DEMANDED their FREEDOM, until they got enough power to deny others THEIR FREEDOM.

The fbi is leftist now, and parents who disagree with cya in our public schools - are now labeled as domestic terrorists????

While they support our borders being flooded by expulsees of mental institutions, prisons - while drug cartels have a field day infiltrating our country?

IT's the ultimate power grab for control over an entire nation. Funded by - the soros type sombeitches around ultra-wealthy circles that see America's independence a block to their control in a one world government they so desperately want to happen.

22 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

- history isn't erased because a statue doesn't exist.   <---  True. 

- I assume everyone is well aware that Columbus was a awful piece of shit at this point 

True.   I never was on board with this yank every statue down because it had something to do with the Civil War ...... America's most deadly war,  yes more died in Civil War than WWII + a few more.  (Many from illnesses and other non combat causes.)

The Civil War happened like it or not it   IS   part of our history.   A lot of people fought and many died.

Tearing down   every   statue and banning every stars & bars flag isn't going to change or rewrite any of that.  

Some statues need to stay, after all it is a  LOT  of pages in our nearly 250 year Republic.  It's taken a few wars and several world wars to keep it going.

Happy Birthday, America! Independence Day is always celebrated on July 4th each year. In 2023, America will celebrate its 247th birthday as independence was achieved from Great Britain following the Revolutionary War.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

True.   I never was on board with this yank every statue down because it had something to do with the Civil War ...... America's most deadly war,  yes more died in Civil War than WWII + a few more.  (Many from illnesses and other non combat causes.)

The Civil War happened like it or not it   IS   part of our history.   A lot of people fought and many died.

Tearing down   every   statue and banning every stars & bars flag isn't going to change or rewrite any of that.  

Some statues need to stay, after all it is a  LOT  of pages in our nearly 250 year Republic.  It's taken a few wars and several world wars to keep it going.

Happy Birthday, America! Independence Day is always celebrated on July 4th each year. In 2023, America will celebrate its 247th birthday as independence was achieved from Great Britain following the Revolutionary War.

Please don't let horrta the horrid use your login anymore............lol

16 hours ago, Jax said:

It's almost comical how insane they are.

-Nothing is solved by tearing down a statue

-I'd say you're showing your ignorance again on Columbus

Oh lord you found a bunch of right wing talking heads to defend Columbus... Christ

Any time anything is done to potentially alter the world view of a conservative they dig in their heels and double down. This is no different.

If you want to be pro Columbus that's a hill you can die on

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh lord you found a bunch of right wing talking heads to defend Columbus... Christ

Any time anything is done to potentially alter the world view of a conservative they dig in their heels and double down. This is no different.

If you want to be pro Columbus that's a hill you can die on

Gladly, I'd die on that hill for all Americas heroes.

• Thanks 2