THE BROWNS BOARD

James Davis gets into car accident

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius
Browns' Davis now questionable

Posted by ESPN.com’s James Walker

A new player showed up on the Cleveland Browns’ injury report Saturday.

Browns rookie tailback James Davis was involved in a one-car collision Saturday morning at approximately 8 a.m. while driving to the team’s practice facility, and he is now listed as questionable for Sunday’s season opener against the Minnesota Vikings.

Davis was briefly hospitalized and released Saturday. The team is describing the ailment as a head injury.

The rookie sixth-round pick was one of the biggest surprises in the NFL this preseason as he led the team in rushing during four exhibition games. He is expected to spell starter Jamal Lewis this season, but his status for Week 1 is unknown at this point.

Jamal is the only RB who is healthy. Go figure.. Not that we are going to be running the ball vs the Viking DL with 3 out of 4 probowlers. It will look a lot like Pitt vs Tenn and us being the Pitt averaging less than 2 per carry.. There Front 7 may be the best in the league. It's up to Defense, Special teams, and the passing game to stay in this one.. (that's even with a full strength run game)

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I hope 1 week is enough time for Peerman to pick up the jist of the offense. He may need to see action to spell Lewis. What is Jerome's status?

Peerman is questionable.....................Harrison is questionable...................Davis is questionable.

Our only healthy RB is Lewis. How questionable some of these guys are is another question.

It wasnt a concussion, those have to be reported. I think Harrison will be fine to play today, something tells me Mangini has been keeping Harrison on the Down Low, watch him get 15 touches today!

The last thing I read said Davis is 50/50, they wouldn't have released him so quickly if it was serious. He was at a hospital not the team doctors.

Guest Aloysius

Sounds like Davis will play but Harrison won't.

The Browns will also start rookie Alex Mack at center. Shaun Rogers will play and start after being listed as questionable.

Also inactive for the Browns are Rex Hadnot, Cedric Peerman, Jerome Harrison, Leon Williams, Martin Rucker, Marquis Floyd and DeAngelo Smith. Brett Ratliff is the third quarterback.

via here.

Archived