THE BROWNS BOARD

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Walt Disney

PG-13.            154 min

First of all a laugh out loud moment from one of the big shot at Disney, also a fan of Joe Biden, has urged the president try to tie himself in with Indiana Jones for the upcoming election citing the age similarities. I kid you not. Regardless of your side of the aisle I thought that was good for a laugh.

Anyway RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK that launched Professor Jones Into the heart of American moviegoers was over 40 years ago. Hard to believe isn't it? And since the franchise is always successful and since Harrison Ford is in damn good shape for a man his age Disney/ Lucasfilms/ Paramont/ whoever the hell else is involved decided why not go for the quick buck? Well actually I guess it's not really quick because this one's almost two and a half hours long, and not a quick two and a half by any means. The plot itself hasn't really changed much since the original. You've got  a curmudgeonly professor of archeology a religious or historical artifact rumored to have magic powers and Nazis. Professor Jones is about to retire from an unrewarding career as professor and frankly the road ahead doesn't seem all that sweet. One reason for the bleak  state of affairs is that the death of his son caused a rift in his marriage and both his wife Marion (an almost unrecognizable Karen Allen) God daughter Helena  (Phoebe Waller Bridge) have been estranged for decades.

It all begins with a long and noisy set up including a much younger Indy and some much younger Nazis back during World War 2. Whatever kind of facial touch up application they are using is pretty incredible because he looks 20 years old. Back to the present the professor is teaching a class what an oddly familiar dark-haired girl approaches him about some magical contraption supposedly invented by Archimedes. What the hell, he's retired and bored and decides to at least look into this with her and her street urchin sidekick. That's where the non-stop chase scene begins. Over the land through the sky under the ocean airplanes automobiles golf carts trains you name it; everybody's chasing each other and shooting thousands of rounds of ammunition. And since it's an Indiana Jones movie you know they're going to wind up in some booby trapped cave complete with swinging bridges dead bodies a smorgasbord of vermin and of course a tomb with a secret entrance code guarding whatever this device is they are looking for. You remember last month I mentioned that when one Studio has an idea there's a good chance that three or four more are working on the same idea at the same time. Here's another movie that deals with haphazard and unpredictable time travel. Well that's what this Archimedes Dial is supposedly good for and that's why the Nazis wanted. Of course this plot is just to set up the chase scenes and action segments. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised because that's been the modus operandi of every Indiana Jones to date. Had this hero been named something different and starred at actor of les charisma than Harrison Ford I might have hated it but what the heck. Don't misunderstand there were still too many opportunities to check your watch to see when this noise is going to subside. The climax itself was barely okay and even the redemption scene at the end didn't grab the heart like it should have. I didn't hate it but it sure seems like given 40 years somebody could have thought of a better hook for this one

C+

WSS

Since things lately have centered itself around wokeness I watch very little tv or movies.. However.. I have enjoyed the Tulsa King series thus far... My recent viewing has been centered around DIY stuff, Survival and Music channels , Rick Beato, Legendary producer and musician and My good friend Carl Baldassarre who has an indepth channel on classic rock and bands from the 70's and his own self penned compositions... Because I have been recovering from a Myringoplasty procedure I haven't gone out to enjoy any live music and had planned to do some coffee shop and winery gigs but the surgery was requiered to repair the perforation in my ear drum.. so I lost another year due to this annoying situation... I'm just waiting on the okay from my ENT.. However.. I'm happy to report the surgery has been an amazing success thus far... The clarity has returned and I have been practicing like mad to get my chops back up to snuff..  I'm interested in seeing this installment of the franchise.. I was a tad disappointed by Creed 3... They basically just ignored the existence of Rocky but I thought it was a decent film... Harrison Ford is always great in whatever he does.. But for me.. Movies like this are fun and interesting...

18 hours ago, nickers said:

Since things lately have centered itself around wokeness I watch very little tv or movies.. However.. I have enjoyed the Tulsa King series thus far... My recent viewing has been centered around DIY stuff, Survival and Music channels , Rick Beato, Legendary producer and musician and My good friend Carl Baldassarre who has an indepth channel on classic rock and bands from the 70's and his own self penned compositions... Because I have been recovering from a Myringoplasty procedure I haven't gone out to enjoy any live music and had planned to do some coffee shop and winery gigs but the surgery was requiered to repair the perforation in my ear drum.. so I lost another year due to this annoying situation... I'm just waiting on the okay from my ENT.. However.. I'm happy to report the surgery has been an amazing success thus far... The clarity has returned and I have been practicing like mad to get my chops back up to snuff..  I'm interested in seeing this installment of the franchise.. I was a tad disappointed by Creed 3... They basically just ignored the existence of Rocky but I thought it was a decent film... Harrison Ford is always great in whatever he does.. But for me.. Movies like this are fun and interesting...

Sure I love Ford and it wasn't all that woke. Just same old same old. Didn't care about the Creed series I don't think Jordan has much charisma as opposed to stallone. But it's a formula that usually works. I wonder when somebody will have the balls to make one of those Underdog versus the world movies about a biological male competing in women's boxing. Haha

WSS 

• Haha 1