THE BROWNS BOARD

The Myth of Conservatives Wanting Small Government - Desantis Edition

MLD Woody

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/21/desantis-orders-probe-into-bud-light-dylan-mulvaney-deal.html

Any right wingers here want to defend this?

Since Desantis basically has only one thing, Culture Warrior, he's continuing to go after trans people indirectly by going after Bud Light. 

Should the government now investigate any private company that makes a bad business decision? Should the government sue private companies that make bad business decisions?

How exactly is this small government?

Is Meatball Ron running the worst campaign? From the mess of a launch on Twitter with Elon, to posting cringey meme videos with racist messaging, to this latest blunder. 

I guess you all should be ready to vote for Trump again

I know it's hard to understand Woody but smaller government does not necessarily mean Anarchy.

There are members of the Republican Party who seem to have a Libertarian streak but sometimes they Clash at the right and sometimes they clash with the left. We're not going to get a pure form of any governmental system.

WSS 

well.

"Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis told his government to probe whether Bud Light’s parent company breached its shareholders duties".

bud light apparently may have flagrantly violated the contract with shareholders. That is against the law, Woody.

Something against the law SHOULD be investigated, and if valid, charges filed.

Shareholder Agreement - Shareholders Contract 

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Since Desantis basically has only one thing, Culture Warrior, he's continuing to go after trans people indirectly by going after Bud Light. 

The old saying of, “go woke…go broke” is playing out against InBev.

But of course, please play the victim card we’ve come to expect.

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I know it's hard to understand Woody but smaller government does not necessarily mean Anarchy.

There are members of the Republican Party who seem to have a Libertarian streak but sometimes they Clash at the right and sometimes they clash with the left. We're not going to get a pure form of any governmental system.

WSS 

And we never should... I'm all for the system of checks and balances.. People should actually take time to read the US Constitution.. There's a reason it was built the way it was...

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

well.

"Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis told his government to probe whether Bud Light’s parent company breached its shareholders duties".

bud light apparently may have flagrantly violated the contract with shareholders. That is against the law, Woody.

Something against the law SHOULD be investigated, and if valid, charges filed.

Shareholder Agreement - Shareholders Contract 

What exactly did AB InBev do to violate their shareholder agreement?

8 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

The old saying of, “go woke…go broke” is playing out against InBev.

But of course, please play the victim card we’ve come to expect.

So big government should sue "woke" companies? You're asking for more government regulations?

Also, no victim card here. Desantis's campaign is dead. 

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS 

Never said anything close to anarchy typical Steve

You're for big government and increased regulations then? 

I mean, I know it is just that government reach is ok if they're enforcing right wing ideas, and it's all hypocrisy, but I'm seeing how this will be defended

Desantis has continued to expand his governmental reach, but it is to fight the vague threat of "woke", so it's ok apparently

19 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Never said anything close to anarchy typical Steve

You're for big government and increased regulations then? 

I mean, I know it is just that government reach is ok if they're enforcing right wing ideas, and it's all hypocrisy, but I'm seeing how this will be defended

Desantis has continued to expand his governmental reach, but it is to fight the vague threat of "woke", so it's ok apparently

I don't know where I've spent much time preaching big government / small government but like I said I'm more of a libertarian. If it gives you a boner to scream aha Steve loves big government I guess you need to go issue by issue. And of course like everybody else any regulation any rules any statuytes that support the kind of things I support good. Rules and regulations that go against what I support? Same as everybody Woodrow.

I guess you need to be more specific if you want to do a Victory lap.

WSS

But if you are equating the probe into Dylan Mulvaney and Bud Light it's almost as if I could really give less of a fuck. You like to bitch about grifters this kid is the king, or queen depending on your point of view. Just because he gives you a boner doesn't change that. And I think I've stated plenty of times I think that endless hearings and investigations and probes are a bunch of bullshit fuck both parties for wasting my time with this crap. Bud Light and Disney are getting what they deserve. Fuck them.

WSS 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/21/desantis-orders-probe-into-bud-light-dylan-mulvaney-deal.html

Any right wingers here want to defend this?

Should the government now investigate any private company that makes a bad business decision? Should the government sue private companies that make bad business decisions?

How exactly is this small government?

Is Meatball Ron running the worst campaign? From the mess of a launch on Twitter with Elon, to posting cringey meme videos with racist messaging, to this latest blunder. 

I guess you all should be ready to vote for Trump again

You may be confused on the subject of small government.

The way I always understood small government is that it pertains to limited control over its citizens through less bureaucracies. The Republicans talked of limited government by wanting to abolish the Department of Education and the IRS which does just that. Both great ideas. 

The Colorado Commission on Civil Rights decided that the Colorado baker cannot refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple. A bureaucracy using excessive control and putting their nose where it doesn't belong is what Conservatives at the time pointed to big government and its overreach robbing the baker of his 1st Amendment rights.

So, is DeSantis creating a government watchdog agency to oversee business decisions in Florida? I don't think so.

Conservatives believing in small government is no myth. 

Regardless of size the government it has a limited obligation to protect the general public, but at this level? I'm not sure about that. This should be handled by private attorneys in some class action suit if anything.

Your outrage concerning small government hypocrisy is not genuine.  It's pretty evident that as a trans rights activist, your motive for posting this topic was to express outrage toward DeSantis and his alleged anti trans agenda..under the guise of the subject of small government.

In your defense I think Desantis is out of line. Unless some shocking developments occur, this was simply a bad business decision.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FY56 said:

You may be confused on the subject of small government.

The way I always understood small government is that it pertains to limited control over its citizens through less bureaucracies. The Republicans talked of limited government by wanting to abolish the Department of Education and the IRS which does just that. Both great ideas. 

The Colorado Commission on Civil Rights decided that the Colorado baker cannot refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple. A bureaucracy using excessive control and putting their nose where it doesn't belong is what Conservatives at the time pointed to big government and its overreach robbing the baker of his 1st Amendment rights.

So, is DeSantis creating a government watchdog agency to oversee business decisions in Florida? I don't think so.

Conservatives believing in small government is no myth. 

Regardless of size the government it has a limited obligation to protect the general public, but at this level? I'm not sure about that. This should be handled by private attorneys in some class action suit if anything.

Your outrage concerning small government hypocrisy is not genuine.  It's pretty evident that as a trans rights activist, your motive for posting this topic was to express outrage toward DeSantis and his alleged anti trans agenda..under the guise of the subject of small government.

In your defense I think Desantis is out of line. Unless some shocking developments occur, this was simply a bad business decision.

Well, the majority of the post is incorrect.

But at least the last paragraph is correct 

So one thing occurred to me is that liberals are usually big fans of big government so how come you aren't up in arms about Disney getting carte blanche to run their own little fiefdom independent of the government with little or no regulation? But again that's another example of a bad business decision and good for them for losing their ass.

WSS

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

So big government should sue "woke" companies? You're asking for more government regulations?

Also, no victim card here. Desantis's campaign is dead. 

I hope so Woodster... People are coming to the realization that "Little Ronnie", is just a Trump wannabe- minus (most of) the insanity.   Policy wise, no difference.  

Give me Tim Scott, or Chris Christy if you really want a viable GOP Candidate. 

FWIW, the GOP that I belonged to is dead, as long as there's still the Trump suckups like McCarthy, Greene, Boebert, Gaetz and a few others are still running around kissing the Orange One's ass.  

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

And you guys are worried about Sleepy Joe?  LOL!!!!  I'll let you look up Mitch's fall history, if you care to. But.. but...but... he's not the President!!!   LOL!!!  

Dr. Hoorta will let you look up what a TIA is...   :D   

18 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And you guys are worried about Sleepy Joe?  LOL!!!!  I'll let you look up Mitch's fall history, if you care to. But.. but...but... he's not the President!!!   LOL!!!  

Transiatic Ischemic Attack... I still get them...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

I hope so Woodster... People are coming to the realization that "Little Ronnie", is just a Trump wannabe- minus (most of) the insanity.   Policy wise, no difference.  

Give me Tim Scott, or Chris Christy if you really want a viable GOP Candidate. 

FWIW, the GOP that I belonged to is dead, as long as there's still the Trump suckups like McCarthy, Greene, Boebert, Gaetz and a few others are still running around kissing the Orange One's ass.  

Minus Trump's charisma as well. 

You'd think Desantis would have better political sense too. He's trying to be Trump and falling, hurting his chances with moderate Republicans and MAGA Republicans at the same time 

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Our government is old as fuck

A medical incident on the middle of a speech hopefully drives this country towards younger leadership

And that doesn't mean kids. I just mean not people with one foot in the grave 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Mitch is just another relic that should’ve retired a long time ago.

Meanwhile, your senile but sane choice for Prez not only freezes….but he mumbles incoherently.

Guess which one has the nuclear codes….he probably keeps them in his garage! 🤡

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Joe Biden's mental capacity and age are always at the forefront but Mitch McConnell freezes for 20 seconds during a speech and not one peep here, no thread. But there's about 200 million threads about Joe Biden.

39 minutes ago, Neo said:

Joe Biden's mental capacity and age are always at the forefront but Mitch McConnell freezes for 20 seconds during a speech and not one peep here, no thread. But there's about 200 million threads about Joe Biden.

I, along with some others, don't have much use for McConnell. I haven't talked about pelosi's strange conduct either.

Like Canton Dawg said - they DO NOT HAVE NUCLEAR CODES. You haven't said much about joe biden at all, either, TDS mess.

On 7/27/2023 at 11:30 PM, Neo said:

Well maybe no one started a thread on McConnell because Joe Biden's mental capacity is always at the forefront. His is a greater concern.

Rather than complain, why the fuck didn't you just start a thread on McConnell ?

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2023 at 11:30 PM, Neo said:

• Upvote 2