THE BROWNS BOARD

The Myth of Conservatives Wanting Small Government - Desantis Edition

MLD Woody

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You know what's worse than listening to David Hogg?

Listening to Roseanne Barr

They’re both trying to remain relevant, but Hogg’s post was pure bull shit 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

Hogg is a grifter of the first order but he gets Woody hot so he's okay.

WSS

Coming from the guy that was literally obsessed with Hogg for weeks haha. Sure thing Steve. Your right wing bros have your back I'm sure, but I didn't forget reality. 

I know the this is the typical Steve playbook, but nope, not happening 

Just now, MLD Woody said:

Coming from the guy that was literally obsessed with Hogg for weeks haha. Sure thing Steve. Your right wing bros have your back I'm sure, but I didn't forget reality. 

You could probably go back and look at any thread that I mentioned the little fucker and see that I did it because it triggered you. Excuse me if I'm mistaken in my recollection but weren't you going to buy a set of his pillows?

WSS

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

You could probably go back and look at any thread that I mentioned the little fucker and see that I did it because it triggered you. Excuse me if I'm mistaken in my recollection but weren't you going to buy a set of his pillows?

WSS

I know misremembering facts is your thing. Either on purpose or just old age. Not sure. But you made a new thread about Hogg almost every day for weeks. You can make up some "triggering" story all you want. Your right wing group of morons will have your back, but it doesn't change the reality of your creepy obsession typical Steve. 

I'll leave it at that. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

I know misremembering facts is your thing. Either on purpose or just old age. Not sure. But you made a new thread about Hogg almost every day for weeks. You can make up some "triggering" story all you want. Your right wing group of morons will have your back, but it doesn't change the reality of your creepy obsession typical Steve. 

I'll leave it at that. 

You're like a little kid, Barr roasted you little weenies get over it.

I'm sure your lefty whackos will back you up....isn't that your weenie club pledge?

On 7/26/2023 at 6:23 AM, MLD Woody said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/21/desantis-orders-probe-into-bud-light-dylan-mulvaney-deal.html

Any right wingers here want to defend this?

Since Desantis basically has only one thing, Culture Warrior, he's continuing to go after trans people indirectly by going after Bud Light. 

Should the government now investigate any private company that makes a bad business decision? Should the government sue private companies that make bad business decisions?

How exactly is this small government?

Is Meatball Ron running the worst campaign? From the mess of a launch on Twitter with Elon, to posting cringey meme videos with racist messaging, to this latest blunder. 

I guess you all should be ready to vote for Trump again

I think you are mistaking by thinking any of MAGA are conservatives. Theye don't want to govern; they want to rule. So bigger govt is ok to them. 

Here is the problem, with woodpecker's post, as usual.

The premise isn't legit, nor is it serious - it's just gaslighting.

Conservatives want limited gov, not really small government.

Conservatives also want an HONEST, PRINCIPLED GOV.

Not being allowed to have free hard drugs and unlimited murder

of unborn children, and not having everything handed to the free ride demanders - means

we want limited gov. and a carefu/honest approach on how our tax money is being spent.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Here is the problem, with woodpecker's post, as usual.

The premise isn't legit, nor is it serious - it's just gaslighting.

Conservatives want limited gov, not really small government.

Conservatives also want an HONEST, PRINCIPLED GOV.

Not being allowed to have free hard drugs and unlimited murder

of unborn children, and not having everything handed to the free ride demanders - means

we want limited gov. and a carefu/honest approach on how our tax money is being spent.

Or, apparently, getting to sue a private company because they made a marketing move you disagree with. 

That's also ok for the government to do...

• Haha 1

Or, apparently, getting to sue a private company because they made a marketing move you disagree with. 

Of course it isn't. Weaponizing the inquiries and probes Etc is still bullshit no matter who does it. Ironic you, a supporter of the party who has mastered that art, is whining about it but I don't expect more from you.

WSS

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

actually, that company violated the trust agreement they had with the gov in running their own show.

So, they lose control of their own show.

13 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Of course it isn't. Weaponizing the inquiries and probes Etc is still bullshit no matter who does it. Ironic you, a supporter of the party who has mastered that art, is whining about it but I don't expect more from you.

WSS

So much typical Steve. So little time. 

When have I supported the government suing a private company because that company made a bad marketing move?

I'll wait ...

9 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

actually, that company violated the trust agreement they had with the gov in running their own show.

So, they lose control of their own show.

We're talking about Bud Light. The article at the start of this thread is about culture Warrior Desantis threatening to sue bud light because something something trans people. 

21 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

We're talking about Bud Light. The article at the start of this thread is about culture Warrior Desantis threatening to sue bud light because something something trans people. 

God you are such a whiney pussy...  You just make shit up as you go along...

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

So much typical Steve. So little time. 

When have I supported the government suing a private company because that company made a bad marketing move?

I'll wait ...

The entire persecution of Trump and anyone associated with him, for garbage that nobody else would even be scolded for is the Hallmark of the administration you support.

"Suing a company merely for making a bad business decision?" That, of course, is just a false paraphrase from an idiot; namely you, because that doesn't appear to be what's happening at all.. What do they call that, a straw man? Yes I think so.

And investigation is not the same as a lawsuit.

WSS

Upon further review I haven't seen anything to make me believe that legal action would be taken unless an investigation found it appropriate.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You can call it threat, but the damage had been done. It is a consequence.

This is only a probe Woody. A probe does not compromise the conservative principle of small government.

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

ah. I thought you were talking about disney. It's tough to figure, since you never know what you are talking about, either.

Case in point - the REASON Desnatis is talking about suing the PARENT COMPANY of bud light, is because FLORIDA has a large amount of STOCK in it. I would think that deliberately tanking the stock's worth over leftwing

garbage would be against the law. Stockholders have rights.

https://news.yahoo.com/desantis-threatening-sue-bud-light-122733776.html

During an appearance on Fox News Thursday evening, DeSantis said the state held a large amount of AB InBev stock in the state’s FRS pension plan prior to the crash.

Regarding shareholders rights:

https://www.investopedia.com/investing/know-your-shareholder-rights/

Key Takeaways

• If a company liquidates, shareholders have the last claim on its assets.
  • Shareholders make money in two main ways: Capital appreciation and dividend payments.
  • Common shareholders are granted six rights: voting power, ownership, the right to transfer ownership, a claim to dividends, the right to inspect corporate documents, and the right to sue for wrongful acts.
  • Investors should thoroughly research the corporate governance policies of the companies they invest in.
  • Some companies offer credits and discounts to investors holding a certain number of shares.

Therefore, it has nothing to do with "trans" as much is it has to do with deliberately and irresponsibly damaging the stocks value.

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

The entire persecution of Trump and anyone associated with him, for garbage that nobody else would even be scolded for is the Hallmark of the administration you support.

"Suing a company merely for making a bad business decision?" That, of course, is just a false paraphrase from an idiot; namely you, because that doesn't appear to be what's happening at all.. What do they call that, a straw man? Yes I think so.

And investigation is not the same as a lawsuit.

WSS

Upon further review I haven't seen anything to make me believe that legal action would be taken unless an investigation found it appropriate.

Desantis threatened a lawsuit. That's the point. He's clearly doing it for culture war points. 

1 hour ago, FY56 said:

You can call it threat, but the damage had been done. I is a consequence.

This is only a probe Woody. A probe does not compromise the conservative principle of small government.

Sure, plenty of other actions compromise it

But big government proving private companies for "wrong think" is ok. You've decided to take a stand when it comes to the actual lawsuit. Gotcha 

Just now, MLD Woody said:

Desantis threatened a lawsuit. That's the point. He's clearly doing it for culture war points. 

more beak-flappy? you haven't read my post yet, right? maybe?

Sure, plenty of other actions compromise it

But big government proving private companies for "wrong think" is ok. You've decided to take a stand when it comes to the actual lawsuit. Gotcha 

No you don't "got" anything because you're trying to argue against a point that no one ever made. I draw the line if the investigation is frivolous. Or merely weaponization of the law. Of which I've spoken out against regardless of party.

WSS

But your characterization as to big or small government is completely meaningless.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

So what? Thats what happens sometimes when involved in wrongdoing.

You'd have a solid point if DeSantis had threatened to sue having prior knowledge of Bud's plan to put the face of a tranny on it's can.