THE BROWNS BOARD

Most legitimate scientific organization that disagrees with man made climate change

MLD Woody

Curious... for all the climate deniers here... what is the most legitimate scientific organization that agrees with you? Seriously. Name one. 

Where, on the other side... https://news.cornell.edu/stories/2021/10/more-999-studies-agree-humans-caused-climate-change

More than 99.9% of studies agree: Humans caused climate change

• Haha 1

The alliance for science, eh? LOL

Support for the Alliance for Science is provided by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

Organizations are run on money. The money for pro-man made goober warning flows freely.

The truth is, we don't need no stinking liberal fudgey wudgey organizations.

Climate change is a money making farce... In fact... The earth and plants/trees and such put out as much or more harmful carcinogens in the atmosphere than cars or manufacturing plants. This is a FACT!.. There are emissions from Forests and gasseus pockets in the earth...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK232630/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK216657/

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/explosive-methane-pockets-siberia-underground-17094982

• Thanks 1

but, I will admit that there are some orgs who are frightened for our planet because of man made goober warning.

The UN, on of their officers SAID that without a global acceptance of goober warning, there is no chance for REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH IN THE WORLD.

and, of course, the world bank group. they want to redistri....I mean, warn us about man made goober warning give us a hell of a lot of your money, fools. A few weeks ago, we went fishing. Caught some nice bluegills. I threw a nice crappie back - they aren't good eating in the summer. The WATER WAS NOT BOILING. LOL

oh, one more thing - china has gotten out of the Paris Climate accords.

the biggest polluter....

10 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

The alliance for science, eh? LOL

Support for the Alliance for Science is provided by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

Organizations are run on money. The money for pro-man made goober warning flows freely.

The truth is, we don't need no stinking liberal fudgey wudgey organizations.

1. I said scientific organization. Do you have any?

2. It is fucking hilarious you all bring up money, as if all of these climatologists got into their field for the money... scientists don't make shit. Then on the other side you have freaking oil companies, incredibly wealthy, actually funneling money into think tanks and individuals to push reports that will support their profits. I can only imagine the propaganda around man made climate change and money is there to distract the easily distracted from the real flow of money from oil companies 

11 minutes ago, nickers said:

Climate change is a money making farce... In fact... The earth and plants/trees and such put out as much or more harmful carcinogens in the atmosphere than cars or manufacturing plants. This is a FACT!.. There are emissions from Forests and gasseus pockets in the earth...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK232630/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK216657/

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/explosive-methane-pockets-siberia-underground-17094982

It is always adorable and hilarious when the climate deniers on here post something vaguely scientific and then act like the actual experts in the fields haven't already considered it... 

Yeah man, you tell them. Whatever your degree is in, if you have one, I'm sure blows away the climatologists... 

oh, another "one more thing" ....

climate experts do not get money for their orgs if they deny the truth.

They only get big money when they go with the flow of crap. Now, WHY WOULD THEY BLACKLIST CLIMATE EXPERTS WHO DON"T FALL IN LINE? (answer - MONEY)

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It is always adorable and hilarious when the climate deniers on here post something vaguely scientific and then act like the actual experts in the fields haven't already considered it... 

Yeah man, you tell them. Whatever your degree is in, if you have one, I'm sure blows away the climatologists... 

... You don't disappoint with your stupid rhetoric once again and always avoiding the obvious evidence... Keep your head up your ass.. You must love the odor... All your degree has done is show people how gullible and emotional you are...

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Curious... for all the climate deniers here... what is the most legitimate scientific organization that agrees with you? Seriously. Name one. 

Where, on the other side... https://news.cornell.edu/stories/2021/10/more-999-studies-agree-humans-caused-climate-change

Follow the money, most tend to lean toward the funding...

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, nickers said:

... You don't disappoint with your stupid rhetoric once again and always avoiding the obvious evidence... Keep your head up your ass.. You must love the odor... All your degree has done is show people how gullible and emotional you are...

This has nothing to do with me. The experts here are the climatologists that have dedicated their lives to the subject. Hilarious to think you're over here, struggling with long division, and thinking you have some ground breaking info the experts don't know. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

This has nothing to do with me. The experts here are the climatologists that have dedicated their lives to the subject. Hilarious to think you're over here, struggling with long division, and thinking you have some ground breaking info the experts don't know. 

It has everything to do with you...You started the thread Dupa...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

So, a lot of posts about political crap, but no orgs yet. 

But it's the climatologists that are in it for the money... Right....

Has any of those climatologists predictions come true...the Earth should have ended four or five times already.

Why does the climate Czar John Kerry fly in private jets which cause a great deal of pollution?

4 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Has any of those climatologists predictions come true...the Earth should have ended four or five times already.

Why does the climate Czar John Kerry fly in private jets which cause a great deal of pollution?

Nope not a 1... But they'll keep pushing the fear...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

So?

Why is this important to you? Or to anyone?

I bet 99% of scientists also agreed that the universe started with the Big Bang. Now the big bang is under debate in the scientific world because of the discoveries the James Webb telescope made in finding bodies that shouldn't exist.

I know I know, the Big Bang was only a theory, but still.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FY56 said:

I bet 99% of scientists also agreed that the universe started with the Big Bang. Now the big bang is under debate in the scientific world because of the discoveries the James Webb telescope made in finding bodies that shouldn't exist.

It was a sound theory until proven otherwise (Still up for debate).. I've never bought into it completely.. But I do believe it is part of the ignition system if you will.. But were gonna find out in the end I think Sound and light have a lot more to do with this than some inertial event

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FY56 said:

Any time anytime vaguely scientific comes out of the mouths of right wing posters on here I don't believe you've ever been correct...

https://www.space.com/james-webb-space-telescope-science-denial

Kirkpatrick went back to her research and forgot about her quote. That was, until mid-August, when she received a text from a friend saying that there was an article — originally published by an organization called the Institute of Art and Ideas but now being republished on mainstream news sites — saying that JWST's observations of distant galaxies had disproved the Big Bang, which is not correct. 

Worse still, the article had taken what Kirkpatrick had told Nature and misused it out of context to give the false impression that astrophysicists were panicking over the thought of the Big Bang theory being wrong.

The author of the article, an independent researcher named Eric Lerner, has been a serial denier of the Big Bang since the late 1980s, preferring his personal pseudoscientific alternative.

Scientists welcome new evidence. Theory is evolving and zeroing in on an answer. But a scientific theory has a lot of rigor behind it than what Joe blow thinks when he hears the word theory. 

posters on here seem to have their own beliefs, shun any and all legitimate evidence that disagrees, and blindly believe any illegitimate source that says what they want to hear. Super similar to very religious folks and their beliefs, no surprise. Starting with an outcome and working backwards to cherry pick evidence 

In the meantime, astronomers continue to learn more about the early universe with the fantastic data coming down from JWST. 

The irony is that JWST's observations are actually supporting the Big Bang model, showing that the first galaxies were smaller and grew larger over time, just as Big Bang cosmology predicts. The surprising finding that galaxies in the early universe are more plentiful, and a little more massive and structured than expected, doesn't mean that the Big Bang is wrong. It just means that some of the cosmology that follows the Big Bang requires a little bit of tweaking

And that's the fun of science. Despite the arguments from Lerner and other science deniers, science is never clean-cut; we're always learning, always improving our theories, and there is no shadowy conspiracy trying to stamp out independent thought. More than anything, science is based on observation and evidence, which the Big Bang has in bucketloads

That's not to say people shouldn't be allowed to question things, but intelligent questioning is done in a framework of open-mindedness without pre-conceived ideologies, where beliefs are forged by evidence, rather than the other way around. That's exactly how the Big Bang theory was conceived nearly a century ago: by following the (then surprising) evidence that the universe is expanding, working out what this might logically mean, and then testing it on predictions such as the existence of the CMB radiation.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

In the meantime, astronomers continue to learn more about the early universe with the fantastic data coming down from JWST. 

The irony is that JWST's observations are actually supporting the Big Bang model, showing that the first galaxies were smaller and grew larger over time, just as Big Bang cosmology predicts. The surprising finding that galaxies in the early universe are more plentiful, and a little more massive and structured than expected, doesn't mean that the Big Bang is wrong. It just means that some of the cosmology that follows the Big Bang requires a little bit of tweaking

And that's the fun of science. Despite the arguments from Lerner and other science deniers, science is never clean-cut; we're always learning, always improving our theories, and there is no shadowy conspiracy trying to stamp out independent thought. More than anything, science is based on observation and evidence, which the Big Bang has in bucketloads

That's not to say people shouldn't be allowed to question things, but intelligent questioning is done in a framework of open-mindedness without pre-conceived ideologies, where beliefs are forged by evidence, rather than the other way around. That's exactly how the Big Bang theory was conceived nearly a century ago: by following the (then surprising) evidence that the universe is expanding, working out what this might logically mean, and then testing it on predictions such as the existence of the CMB radiation.

It was basically the work of Edwin Hubble who deduced after careful observation the universe was expanding. Without his outstanding studies we would not be where we are today.. I don't think the BBT is entirely wrong.. But I don't think its the final answer either... I think of it more as a component to what/however it all started... I think in the end sonic frequencies will have a lot to do with this.. I know it sounds weird.. But so is the Universe itself...

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Any time anytime vaguely scientific comes out of the mouths of right wing posters on here I don't believe you've ever been correct...

I did a little digging, and you are right, but it's not a matter of denial on my part. I have no issues with the Big Bang Theory.

After The Webb telescope findings, we were inundated with internet stories and YOUTUBE "The Big Bang Debunked" "videos... and how  "we must re-think how the universe began"....and that's sorta where I left off...never going back later to follow up on the subject so I took it for granted.

I just watched one of my favorites Neil Degrasse Tyson who in a nutshell said that the Webb didn't debunk the BBT.

Brian Cox is fascinating to listen to.  Michio Kaku is another one of my favorites.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FY56 said:

I did a little digging, and you are right, but it's not a matter of denial on my part. I have no issues with the Big Bang Theory.

After The Webb telescope findings, we were inundated with internet stories and YOUTUBE "The Big Bang Debunked" "videos... and how we must "we must re-think how the universe began"....and that's sorta where I left off...never going back later to follow up on the subject so I took it for granted.

I just watched one of my favorites Neil Degrasse Tyson who in a nutshell said that the Webb didn't debunk the BBT.

Brian Cox is fascinating to listen to.  Michio Kaku is another one of my favorites.

I like NDT... But the celebrity thing with him annoys me a little... Michio Kaku I like because he expresses an open mind to things..

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, nickers said:

I like NDT... But the celebrity thing with him annoys me a little... Michio Kaku I like because he expresses an open mind to things..

Yes me too! I could do without the joking around.

But tell the truth, because NDT is black is what most annoys you, right?. LOL  Right Woody?

No one can accuse us of not being pro-diversity. We like listening to the black guy, the bi-sexual white guy, and the Asian. lol

Not sure if you've ever listened to Cox but he is more subdued than the other two, always smiling, but very captivating.

1 hour ago, FY56 said:

But tell the truth, because NDT is black is what most annoys you, right?. LOL  Right Woody?

No one can accuse us of not being pro-diversity. We like listening to the black guy, the bi-sexual white guy, and the Asian. lol

Not sure if you've ever listened to Cox but he is more subdued than the other two, always smiling, but very captivating.

No hell I have lived with black people , so that's the furthest thing from my mind... It's all his Star talk shit that kind of irks me a bit... Brian Cox I vaguely know... The guy more on Woody's level would be Richard Dawkins.. This guy just shits on the existence of God and Creation with every fiber of his being... While some of his studies and concepts are interesting... I find him to be a certified nut job...

EDIT: the thing that bothers me with NDT more than anything is.. He act's more like a Rock Star Celeb than a man of science... Carl Sagan was perfect in every way... He didn't set out to be a media star.. Just was more like Leonard Bernstein... Bringing Science to the public rich or poor.. The way Bernstein gave the common man the opportunity to know and enjoy classical music Not just the wealthy..... Both Bernstein and Sagan are childhood heroes of mine...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nickers said:

It was basically the work of Edwin Hubble who deduced after careful observation the universe was expanding. Without his outstanding studies we would not be where we are today.. I don't think the BBT is entirely wrong.. But I don't think its the final answer either... I think of it more as a component to what/however it all started... I think in the end sonic frequencies will have a lot to do with this.. I know it sounds weird.. But so is the Universe itself...

Sure, science is ever evolving, learning, getting more accurate, etc. I don't disagree. 

Just hate seeing words twisted by pseudo scientific to straight anti science nut jobs. Not saying that's you or necessarily anyone on here. And while this board highlights those folks on the right, they exist on the left too (example, Greenpeace and their anti nuclear power rhetoric, or hippue anti vaxxers)

3 hours ago, FY56 said:

After The Webb telescope findings, we were inundated with internet stories and YOUTUBE "The Big Bang Debunked" "videos... and how  "we must re-think how the universe began"....and that's sorta where I left off...never going back later to follow up on the subject so I took it for granted.

Well I appreciate your willingness to look back into something after your initial thoughts on it. All too often that doesn't happen on the Internet or on this board. 

2 hours ago, FY56 said:

I'm for anyone that makes science approachable and inspires the next generation of scientists. Celebrity or not.

Sagan. Nye. NDT. Whomever 

Our nation's science illiteracy is concerning, and it rears its ugly head on many topics. I'm for anything that combats that.