THE BROWNS BOARD

● PGA Golfer Phil Micholson, big gambler, allegedly bet $1Billion+ on golf and other sports.

mjp28

~   I had a hard time believing this until I read more of it .... whoa.   He wanted to bet $400.000 on one match alone.   The book refused the bet.   From Yahoo Sports  ......

|---> to be continued,  page under reconstruction,  thank you  --->

Phil Mickelson is at the center of some costly gambling allegations. (Brian Bishop/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)Phil Mickelson is at the center of some costly gambling allegations. (Brian Bishop/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images. 
●  |--->  TO BE CONTINUED,  page under reconstruction --->
)Billy Walters holds the reputation of being one of the most controversial and well-heeled sports gamblers in America, and in a new book scheduled for release later this month, he is laying bare his recollections of gambling alongside Phil Mickelson — who apparently matched him in both volume and intensity. Mickelson has bet a total of at least $1 billion, Walters claims, with losses reaching as much as $100 million.

In an excerpt from “Gambler: Secrets from a Life at Risk” released to Fire Pit Collective, Walters details the way he and Mickelson teamed up to make massive offshore bets, using Mickelson's name and Walters' expertise.

"Phil said he had two offshore accounts that would take big action from him," Walters writes. "In all the decades I’ve worked with partners and beards, Phil had accounts as large as anyone I’d seen. You don’t get those types of accounts without betting millions of dollars."

●  Mickelson had the luxury of limits of $400,000 on college and NFL games, and $100,000 on college over/under bets, Walters writes, far in excess of what most gamblers receive. When offshore books recognized Mickelson's betting patterns as "far more disciplined than usual" thanks to Walters' input, Mickelson simply switched to another account.

One of the most explosive charges in the excerpt is the suggestion that Mickelson attempted to bet $400,000 on the outcome of the 2012 Ryder Cup. Walters refused to handle the bet, saying Mickelson could destroy his entire reputation.

●  "You’re seen as a modern-day Arnold Palmer," Walters says he told Mickelson. "You’d risk all that for this? I want no part of it.

Mickelson backed down, though Walters concedes he could have placed the bet elsewhere. The U.S. team, which had been leading 10-6 going into Sunday singles, suffered one of the biggest collapses in golf history, losing 14 1/2 to 13 1/2. Mickelson's loss to Justin Rose was part of the losing effort.

Walters documented what he said were Mickelson's stunning betting records from 2010 to 2014:

• mjp28 changed the title to ● PGA Golfer Phil Micholson, big gambler, allegedly bet $1Billion+ on golf and other sports.
3 minutes ago, syd said:

im sure he loved getting that LIV monies

This is why a lot of people don't like. "Ol' Leftie".   Not exactly lovable that's for sure !

• Like 1