THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Steelers

Orion

image.png.f0290ea04de8dd0363db8455fa003185.png

Our offensive stats pretty much mirror last season.  Defensive stats are crazy good.  I know that Burrow was hurt all preseason and was not in sync, but I think our D had a hand in that also.  It's possible that we're improved on D.  Of course, we'll need more proof.  

The Steelers D got 3 sacks last week.  Conklin is now out.  Pass protection is a concern against their D....which I'm assuming is better than what these one-game-stats tell us.

We're in first place because we beat a division foe last week.  This is an opportunity to go 2-0 against the division.  Go Browns!

Alright, I'm going to be that guy and mention that it will be interesting to see this defense under Schwartz in a game where the opposing QB is not just back from an injury that had him on the sideline for a large chunk of training camp playing in weather that really seemed to affect the passing game on both sides.

In a lot of ways, it was a great scenario for a defense under a new DC/system to open up a season. This will be IMO a more interesting challenge. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Kenny Pickett is the next Colt McCoy. He might be around for 10 years, but as a backup. He isn’t that good and the Browns will pound him just like the 49ers did

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Alright, I'm going to be that guy and mention that it will be interesting to see this defense under Schwartz in a game where the opposing QB is not just back from an injury that had him on the sideline for a large chunk of training camp playing in weather that really seemed to affect the passing game on both sides.

In a lot of ways, it was a great scenario for a defense under a new DC/system to open up a season. This will be IMO a more interesting challenge. 

I’m that guy too.  Although Week 1, I loved how he moved Myles around and the secondary appeared comfortable and around the ball.  This appears to be a team that can be dangerous if they are playing with a lead.

My question…What’s the defense going to look like when we play a team with a better commitment to the run game.  And I think we are susceptible to the screen game.

I fully expect the Steelers to go 12 personnel and also deploy the screen game on us.  Let’s see how we hold up. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Kenny Pickett is the next Colt McCoy. He might be around for 10 years, but as a backup. He isn’t that good and the Browns will pound him just like the 49ers did

Could be.  I said their offense was very vanilla last year.  You saw a similar vanilla game plan last week.  Are they afraid to open up the playbook with him under Center?  I know Steeler fans love their playcaller Canada 🇨🇦 lol. 

We heard how he was ahead of Watson…maybe we see if that’s true Monday. 

This game is where we show if we can win the big game.

Steelers are hurting...picket sucks...OC sucks...recievers hurt.

If we lose this game...we will have shown we do not have the winner mentality.

We have all the pieces to fuck them up and should win by 30.

No excuses!!!!!!!  Watson needs to quit holding the ball so long and look better.  He was a top 5 qb when he left houston.  I havent seen that yet.

• Thanks 1